slatts

Irish Armed forces Mod

Today I'm happy to announce the start of the Irish Armed Forces mod for Arma 3. This mod is a semi-fictional view of the Irish Military in the Arma-Verse, which sets Ireland under NATO Influence.

Given the near future setting, Vehicles will be newer but also similar to the current real life fleet. But for the time being there are place holders to give basic transport.

However the Irish have kept their woodland and Desert DPM patterns but on new improved uniforms for better comfort in the hot climates of the Mediterranean area where they assist NATO in peacekeeping on the island of Altis. Along with two fictional urban and snow/winter DPM variations.

The AUG has been redesigned to match the real life upgrade program being conducted by the Irish Defence Forces.

Here are a list of screenshots as well as the release thread link

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/guitaro-man/library/Irish%20Armed%20Forces%20mod?sort=3&page=1

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174700-Irish-Armed-Forces-Mod-Release-Thread

If anyone wants to help out please get in touch :) Eager to here suggestions as well.

Thanks to the GLT team for letting me use their textures for the Marshall and Strider

Edited by Slatts

I can help with configs and maybe some oxygen 2 work as long as it's not too much mate

Excellent!!

"Arrows cost money....send the Irish.. .the dead cost nothing"

@Slatts how about bringing over that Steyr Aug pack you made for A2 :)

Are you planning on doing anything Air Corps related? Like re-texturing a helicopter or plane.

At some stage yes, for now Im focused on Infantry and ground vehicles

So will the soldiers have UK voices? I don't know if it is even possible to do that...

Probably stick with NATO ones for now

Probably stick with NATO ones for now

i do recall a British protocol was added in the most recent official update with ADAPT

i do recall a British protocol was added in the most recent official update with ADAPT

My inner republican that I've suppressed all these years is coming out and saying "No you're Irish not British! No British voices!" ;)

My inner republican that I've suppressed all these years is coming out and saying "No you're Irish not British! No British voices!" ;)

Haha I agree, it would be annoying for the Irish to have British accents but it would just sound weird if they had American accents.

Aye, just have to make Irish radio protocols eh? ;) Also, Operation Todhchaí Geal (Bright Future) is now the op name for Irish troops on Altis :)

After decades of service, the AUG series of rifles in service was in need of overhauling or replacement. As a stop-gap solution to the improvement program to the AUG rifle, the IAF bought a supply of Mk20 rifles. This rifle after a review of performance with the contingent on Altis, may replace the AUG altogether.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma32014-01-2417-11-49-83_zpse274597a.png

(In non story like form. The Mk20 will be the main weapon until a suitable AUG is designed/made :) )