Sign in to follow this  
Ankso

[TvT] Tanks of World Beta!

Hi everybody!

I have a new mission for you today. It's Tanks of World Beta (yeah, I know), a mission created using Invasion 1944 mod and it's armor module mechanics.

It all started when I was waiting for an invitation to a closed beta test for a WWII tanks game. I wanted to play tanks badly. So I started creating this mission to play a couple of tank duels with some of my clan mates.

The mission consists on 2 teams fighting for the control of 5 key zones. Each team has a number of tickets and the team that reaches 0 tickets loses. The area is delimited to make this a fast paced, "arcadish" feel game.

OPFOR (Axis) team has at its disposal:

• 4x Panzer II
  • 3x Panzer IV Ausf. D
  • 1x StuH. 42
  • 1x Panzer IV Ausf. G (with skirts)
  • 1x Stug III Ausf. G (with skirts)
  • 1x Panzer V (Panther)
  • 1x Panzer VI (Tiger)

While BLUFOR (Allies) have:

• 4x M5A1 Stuart
  • 4x M4A3 Sherman
  • 2x M4A3(76) Sherman
  • 1x M4A3E8(76) Sherman
  • 1x MkVII Churchill

The heavier the tank, the more respawn time it has. You can also fight as infantry with some anti-tank weapons, but you can't take objectives if you aren't in a vehicle.

Here it is a screenshot of the map:

cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/669083575691446244/4A349E91DA60C81EEF259AEB74521A87D67A8BC8/1024x576.resizedimage

I have implemented all checks server side so when one client is connected it gets updated with the current battle status. You can view the source code here -> github.com/Ankso/tanks-of-world-mission. This is my first serious multiplayer mission, so any advice will be greatly appreciated ^^.

Please bear in mind that this is beta, we haven't tested it with more than 5-6 players so I don't know how the server will react with 16 players. We are going to set up our own dedicated server with this mission tomorrow (password: "enorme"). Feel free to join us!

Also, this mission is created with portability in mind, you can adapt it to any map easily, just copy and paste all the markers/units/etc in the editor to a new map, place them accordingly to the new zone, and copy and paste all contents of the mission folder to the new one. Enjoy.

Of course, special thanks to Invasion 1944 developers!

P.D.: I can't post links beacuse I have just registered :(

P.D.: Funny thing I just got the CBT invite for the other game yesterday lol.

Edited by Ankso