the Nunez-Burgess Unites States Marine Corps Mod

Factions

BLUFOR

-U.S.M.C

-United Nations

-USAF Basic units

-Notice this mod has no connection to any realism unit-

Campaign Backstory In a nutshell

1st of 3 Altisian Civil wars, AAF forces have started killing UN investigators to cover their violent acts, but as they kill 130+ people in the Kavala Massacare The UN calls upon NATO for assistance, the USS Bonhomme Richard carrying the 31st MEU arrives at altis, and the campaign begins

CREDITS

AntioneFlemming: Templates

Alduric:Fixing our AH-1Z

RobertHammer: AR-15s and Attachments for them.

Bohemia Interactive Studios: The wonderful game and the Models to do what we are accomplishing.

Campaign Voice Actors

AWGJacob(me)

Atinakiri

Theevancat

Acekiller45

T.Williams

NOTICE, if you wanna get your name on the credits, how bout you sign up for a voice acting job in the NBUSMC campaign (against AAF, no CSAT allowed them syfy bugs) just PM atin for the link

USMC Motto: Semper Fidelis (Semper Fi)

Mod Screenshots (showing stuff for next update)

DOWNLOAD LINK

-Mirror 1. ArmAholic (V.010) (OLD)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24522

-Mirror 2. Dropbox (only for fresh outta oven updates, use ArmAholic or PWS unless stated otherwise)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/im03pfttlnw6ebo/%40NBUSMC.zip

-PWS (V.010) (OLD)

http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/nbusmc

important notice...There is no BIsign or Groups for the mod during the alpha and will be added later when Atin finds out how to make that stuff

Requirements

RH M4/M16 pack

RQ-11B

-http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24235

Changelog

V.009 Alpha

-First Release

V.009A Alpha

-FR added

-NATO vests

-Texture Updates

V.010

-UN added

-Groups

-USAF expanded

-USAF Pararescue

-and a lot of work with textures

V.010A

-Hotfix, bugs fixed in most areas (unreleased)

V.010B

-Fixes to .010A

V.020

-FR updated

-Units updated

-Textures updated

-Full body "bush wookie" ghillies

V.020A

-HH60 bugs fixed

known issues

-M27 IAR is not working properly

WE NOW HAVE A FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/NBModProjects?ref_type=bookmark

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Screenshots posted, Still awaiting permissions from RH to use his M4/M16s as a requirement

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

NOTICE: RobertHammer has given permissions to use the M4/M16 mod of his as a requirement.

proof:

Re: Permission for use

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWingGamingJacob

Me and my friend AtinAkiri are starting a USMC project and was wondering if we can use your M4/M16s for the mod, it will be set as a requirement, not built in so people will still DL your mod

Yes you can

Regards,

RobertHammer

News update

Units are taking shape nicely and we are making MARSOC units and Force Recon

---------- Post added at 05:04 ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 ----------

Updating Front post with pictures of MARSOC units (WIP)

Not sure if its just me, but the woodland MARPAT looks like AOR2. Maybe tone contrast or tone down a bit? Not really sure.

it ain't force recon without the cwu 27p:

http://i.imgur.com/iuu69rH.jpg

:)

Are nomex suits actually what they use on ops? I thought they just used standard MARPAT uniforms with extra "guchi" helmets, vests and weapon mods?

Unless you mean something like this:

http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/images/usmc/ii_marine_expeditionary_force_-_cwu-27_p_tan/meuias2009left.jpg (176 kB)

http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/images/usmc/ii_marine_expeditionary_force_-_cwu-27_p_tan/meuias2009front.jpg (248 kB)

source: http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/?level=picture&id=846

then yeah I wouldnt mind. :D

Edited by Modder

Are nomex suits actually what they use on ops? I thought they just used standard MARPAT uniforms with extra "guchi" helmets, vests and weapon mods?

Unless you mean something like this:

http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/images/usmc/ii_marine_expeditionary_force_-_cwu-27_p_tan/meuias2009left.jpg (176 kB)

http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/images/usmc/ii_marine_expeditionary_force_-_cwu-27_p_tan/meuias2009front.jpg (248 kB)

source: http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/?level=picture&id=846

then yeah I wouldnt mind. :D

They generally use whatever high speed gear that suites them lol, but j've even seen regular grunts using nomex flight suits occasionally. Definitely saw recon guys wearing nomex before so I would suggest maybe having direct action versions using it along with plate carriers and "guchi" helmets and having long range patrol guys just using MARPAT and chest rigs or something.

They generally use whatever high speed gear that suites them lol, but j've even seen regular grunts using nomex flight suits occasionally. Definitely saw recon guys wearing nomex before so I would suggest maybe having direct action versions using it along with plate carriers and "guchi" helmets and having long range patrol guys just using MARPAT and chest rigs or something.

Yeah Ive seen pics of regular Marines using Nomex, apparently its better than their standard MARPAT uniforms and more comfortable? Its rather interesting and I certainly like to find out more.

Yeah Ive seen pics of regular Marines using Nomex, apparently its better than their standard MARPAT uniforms and more comfortable? Its rather interesting and I certainly like to find out more.

Cant say from first hand experience. but I was always told by my seniors that the flight suits were way more comfortable in places like Iraq because they breathed better than our regular digi's and they would usually wear less clothing underneath the flight suits. where as with MARPAT we're still expected to wear things like belts, rank insignia, skivvies, and boot bands regardless of whether or not we're humping around ridiculous amounts of gear. Not to mention that until the last five or six years our MARPAT uniforms were not very flame retardant. so early Iraq and A-stan marines would probably opt for Nomex for that reason as well. Not as necessary today because now Marines get issued fire resistant cammies that also have additional pockets and reinforced belt loops on the trousers and blouses that are actually designed to be worn with body armor, along with cold weather gear if necessary, prior to deployments.

By the way AngelWingGamingJacob if you need pics of our Flame resistant cammies I can try to take some for you, wont be pretty though as they've been packed into a bag for a few years and Im not exactly a photographer by any means.

Edited by Odie0351

I will take your ideas into consideration but IMO as lead texture artist of this mod i will most likely stick with the NATO Fatigues, mainly due to honor the Sabre USMC units who were IMO the best USMC mod in early A3. I will confirm some things and hint at others.

Also i have not started the FR units as of yet, so i may listen to some of you for the FR guys

And on the part of the MARPAT woodland, The template i used made it darker and also MARPAT is darker than AOR 1 so this looks about right, but i may keep it that way, may not.

and if you want reasons why i most likely will stick to NATO fatigues

-Simple to retexture

-Fits time

-Look good

-All other USMC mods other than 1 use it

M9 has been made an textured, thinking of custom sound

SMAW has been made and slightly enhanced

AH-1Z is possible

MATV is confirmed

LVSR is confirmed

UH-1Y is possible

RHIB is possible

M1A2 Will happen once we get a vehicle expert to assist in setting up

Also a few hints at later projects i might work on with Nunez (atin)

Lone Survivor team

possible A3 era Pacific theater (USMC vs China and North Korea) with a possible fictional betrayal from the russians (Blufor Russians...for once) and maybe a custom map if i can find out how to make them.

and a little addon, The story of why the Russians are good in this one is because of Irans sudden outburst against Europe and Chinas attack on the Philippines went against a fictional pact that russia was the biggest contributor in.

Also the A3 Pacific Theater i talked about will be a different mod if i decide about it, and will not feature a Campaign, but instead will include a video file Telling the story from a fictional character, grandson of Skyes from A2 Named Bryce "Blazer" Skyes (Voice actor might be me might not)

and i planned ahead some characters in case of it

USMC

SGT. Bryce Skyes

PVT. Dan Charles

CPL. Troy Evergreen

News update

-updated woodland to be lighter

-Working on M-ATVs

-AT use their launchers effectively

-we have some basic units set up

NOTE: we are still looking for a vehicle expert for help porting the following vehicles, i'll handle the textures

-M1A2

-MTVR

-UH-1Y

-AH-1Z

News update

-Working on M-ATVs

-AH-1Z

M-ATV's need texture updates; Though are functional (Got woodland turret to appear after you got off, and it was darker than the camp)

AH-1Z model ported from samples, updated to ArmA 3 config, need to update model.cfg for functionality.

Im going to record and later upload a video of me and atin doing a Black Hawk Down-esque mission where 4 MARSOC units and 2 NATO pilots survived a ghosthawk shot down

I will be taking control of the crashed units. while Atin is a quick reaction force sent in to save the crew in the town of Zargabad, which he may post up on his channel. so if he does both perspectives will be linked in this thread

planned ahead some characters in case of it

USMC

SGT. Bryce Skyes

PVT. Dan Charles

CPL. Troy Evergreen

I need Faces from the in game list to for each character, as well as one for CWO Boe still

The original reason was that during the early few years of iraq when HMMWV's were getting hit by IED's, sometimes they would burst into flames with the up armored doors trapping marines inside the vehicle, even if you did get out the original marine cams had a high nylon content so they would often melt to your skin in the fire...

So they started ordering nomex flight suits through supply stores (which had nomex/kevlar flight suits on hand for pilots) which are highly fire retardant.

Eventually after a few years a new combat uniform called FROG was produced which is moisture wicking, antimicrobial and fire resistant properties which is now issued to all combat troops (The way to tell the difference between FROG and Utility uniforms is the thigh pockets on the pants and shirt is in the under armour style with shoulder pockets, similar to the NATO A3 uniform.)

I need Faces from the in game list to for each character, as well as one for CWO Boe still

thats for another project, that we will do once we finish all of our current ones

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

The original reason was that during the early few years of iraq when HMMWV's were getting hit by IED's, sometimes they would burst into flames with the up armored doors trapping marines inside the vehicle, even if you did get out the original marine cams had a high nylon content so they would often melt to your skin in the fire...

So they started ordering nomex flight suits through supply stores (which had nomex/kevlar flight suits on hand for pilots) which are highly fire retardant.

Eventually after a few years a new combat uniform called FROG was produced which is moisture wicking, antimicrobial and fire resistant properties which is now issued to all combat troops (The way to tell the difference between FROG and Utility uniforms is the thigh pockets on the pants and shirt is in the under armour style with shoulder pockets, similar to the NATO A3 uniform.)

Im going to re-add the moisture pads so the units are wearing the FROG-style, because i removed them after looking at my schools ROTC uniforms, but yea i did research.

Also i am going to completely redo the Desert MARPAT texture because i think that pattern i have is not actually MARPAT.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

News update

Busy night for me, working on redoing Desert MARPAT and possibly retexturing the AH-1Z

but to back up scarecrow here is what he means and i will update the units to be like this

Airsoft-combat-uniform-Emerson-tactical-BDU-font-b-USMC-b-font-font-b-FROG-b-font.jpg

Also i am going to completely redo the Desert MARPAT texture because i think that pattern i have is not actually MARPAT.

little hard to tell seeing youre texture quality is on low in the first screenshots but either way, i've got 3 different templates for Marpat from 3 different sources and they're all different shades... the only way to be sure is to find a pattern with the EGA printed on it but even then differences in lighting will change the colours anyway...

Not to mention the confusion AOR causes...

http://mundoairsofter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Marpat-Desert-AOR1-comparative.jpg

notice im going to stick with the texture for the desert i have now, as far as i know the MARPAT i see marines wearing in a-stan is very hard to get a hold of.

the video is postponed for now as i am busy playing "adapt" on dev build

Notice i will do some screens tomarrow

foxhound if you see this, please do not put any of the old screens up on the weekly report

i do have a few more screens ready to go and they will be the only ones on the first post

UPDATE Optional Config added to include Fients RQ-11B, Optional Requirement

NOTICE to ALL people who are following this project

-ALPHA RELEASE INFORMATION

We will release once we have the 1Z working along with placeable groups for MCC compatibility and mission making simplicity

I'll be making a video before release to show what we have (by doing a MCC op with a select few who get the Alpha a few days early)

These will be people who will have access a few days early

-AtinAkiri (Dev)

-AWGJacob(Dev)

-NATOJO's CW2. Boe (Honorable Mention)

-NATOJO's 2lt. Williams (NATOJO member and wanted a SMAW)

These will be people who will have access a few days early

-AtinAkiri (Dev)

-AWGJacob(Dev)

-NATOJO's CW2. Boe (Honorable Mention)

-NATOJO's 2lt. Williams (NATOJO member and wanted a SMAW)

Me? :D

I look forward to the release m8, especially the current-day setting vehicles and aircraft.