Sign in to follow this  
slatts

US Navy Seabee

Seabees can do. And I can do Seabees!

This was another texture sitting in the shadows of Arma WIPs for several months , with some redoing, that can now see the light of day. It's adds a retextured marine to represent a Seabee wearing AOR/NWU type 3. You'll find him under USMC-Men(NAVY)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rjaqo5sg97w3nb2/SLTSSeabees.rar

Picture: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2013-12-3122-16-45-76_zps7dbc0bf2.png

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2014-01-0801-39-02-42_zpsdc3406c3.png

Have fun,

Slatts :cool:

Edited by Slatts

Thats new, so Seabee's are basically US Navy engineers?

Yes, they build air strips, roads, bases and other stuff too.

I download and later test it, looks good Slatts !

Hey Slatts, I downloaded and tested your Seabee unit and you did great work. I noticed three little things that could be improved.

1. The "EGA" on the boots :D

2. you can see that there used to be a knee pad on the right leg, but it´s camoed like the rest of the trousers and

3. you might wanna change the rolled up sleeves. You could make them a little lighter to signal that they´re rolled up. You could also add velcro patches to the top of the arm pockets.

Do you have plans for some more NWU 3 units ? A Seabee officer would be nice, and maybe some replacements for the BIS RHIB crews that resemble Riverine sailors. This would be great as this sole Seabee looks awesome!

Thanks for the headsup.

It was in the correct section, I just set some wrong page parameters. ;)

Hey Slatts, I downloaded and tested your Seabee unit and you did great work. I noticed three little things that could be improved.

2. you can see that there used to be a knee pad on the right leg, but it´s camoed like the rest of the trousers and

3. you might wanna change the rolled up sleeves. You could make them a little lighter to signal that they´re rolled up. You could also add velcro patches to the top of the arm pockets.

Do you have plans for some more NWU 3 units ? A Seabee officer would be nice, and maybe some replacements for the BIS RHIB crews that resemble Riverine sailors. This would be great as this sole Seabee looks awesome!

Agree on these, and the Riverine Squadron! Would be great. ;)

1+2: Man how did I miss that? :o

3: Yeah forgot that too :/

Might reskin the ForCon assault for a riverine sailor ;)

1+2: Man how did I miss that? :o

3: Yeah forgot that too :/

Might reskin the ForCon assault for a riverine sailor ;)

That would be awesome! I also wondered if you will continue to work on ARMA 2. If you do I might have some ideas for you :D

You're free to suggest anything :) However no promises if it will ever get done

You're free to suggest anything :) However no promises if it will ever get done

Yes, I understand that. I just want to know if you would even just consider working on some stuff for ARMA 2 as there´s ARMA 3 right now.

My ideas for the NWU III model would be additional units such as: Seabee officer (without the EGA on the cap and with the Seabees logo on the jacket instead of the EGA) as already mentioned, some variations for the standard Seabee´s pouches on the body armor and an unarmed Seabee with a simple shirt instead of a combat blouse and maybe with a construction hat :D and of course riverines that replace the standard RHIB crews ! :)

And as you know I suggested other stuff in the Arma 2 Addon request thread too.

Let me know if you´d consider working on any of my requests :)

Might be later tonight, was thinking of other things to do but just need to get stuff sorted first :)

1st post updated with SWCC style unit added. This is probably my last release for Arma 2. Starting a new project for Arma 3 :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey, I can´t download it :/ The links must be broken.

Also kinda sad that this is your last project for ARMA2, but I´ll get ARMA3 real soon.