[SP\CO-04] Warpath

Title

Warpath

Author

FROST

Island

Takistan

Short description

Assault anti-tank positions and protect yours M1A1 Abrams.

Version

Required Addons

-

Download

SP Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/66faa0f519pzca5/Warpath_SP.Takistan.pbo

MP Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4h9lfffejo207a/Warpath_MP.Takistan.pbo

Installation

SP Version: Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions folder.

MP Version: Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

Included files

SP_Warpath.Takistan.pbo

MP_Warpath.Takistan.pbo

Change log

-

Features

Language: English

Players Number (min/max): 1 till 4 players

Forums Topic

BI Forums

Credits & Thanks

Mission made by FROST

Tested by: FROST, Simon1279, Gen.Barbagli

A special thanks to Strategy Games Italia, for the support given to me.

Edited by HH_FROST

Sounds good! Uploading to the CiA coop server. Will let you know how it went as soon as we have only four players on the server to play it :)

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Just gave the mission a quick test on the server (alone). Looks nice! We like support support roles in combined operations missions. I liked the briefing as well, feels professional. I would consider limiting the music and fade it out a bit after the insertion, could interrupt the comms on MP. Nice touch though, adds a lot to the atmosphere. However, one show stopper - the respawn type is "BASE". Is there a chance you could provide a "group" respawn for the mission? We don't play respawn missions, not much challenge there...

Thank you for your positive opinion about it. :)

As for the music I was actually thinking of removing it completely from the MP version (not many players are able to appreciate it in the game, long or short it may be). Finally, as regards the respawn I do not think I will remove, to keep things the most user friendly possible. :p

Much more I could probably do a third version to be sent to you by PM with what you asked for. ;)

Oh, thanks, but if you don't want to update the mission I can convert it myself for our use.

Does the air support work in MP and tested on a dedicated server?

Nice mission, tested the SP version

A few things though:

-We arrive on MH-6 although it's said UH-60 in the briefing

-In the mission Menu, the name is not good - It's just CO-04 Warpath instead of Warpath or SP Warpath - I would prefer just Warpath, but it's just me

-Same during the loading screen (Persian hammer instead of Warpath)

-You should add weapon selection in briefing - so that we can have the choice of our gear

-You should add laser designator (+ batteries) so that the air support can be effective

Nice one though

@Variable support CAS definitely works locally, but I could not try it on a dedicated server, but I still have to settle the question of the laser designator and battery for it. For now, the CAS itself chooses targets.

@Wiki Thank you for your observations, in fact there is still quite a bit of work to do.

- The briefing says UH-60 because it was originally used for the insertion but then I decided to use a helicopter less flashy.

- For the question of the name of the mission had not noticed this error, I shall fix it.

- For the selection of weapons, in truth, I never really liked it. After all adapt to the battlefield with what you have at your disposal is part of the challenge of a soldier on the modern battlefield. ;)

- The briefing says UH-60 because it was originally used for the insertion but then I decided to use a helicopter less flashy.

Ok then, so can you correct it in the briefing? thanks

- For the selection of weapons, in truth, I never really liked it. After all adapt to the battlefield with what you have at your disposal is part of the challenge of a soldier on the modern battlefield.

I disagee with you: indeed, adapt is something important, but in this mission, we're part of SF team.

SF soldiers DO have the choice of the gar before going on mission - and they usually have the best toys in the choice of gear.

However, it's yur mission, so do as you like. My remark was just to make it more realistic.

Last thing about the laser designator: will you add it?

Last thing about the laser designator: will you add it?

Yes of course! Unfortunately, the next update will not be short because at the time I started a "little job" for ArmA 3 which stands absorbing almost all of my time!

( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171172-CO20-Urban-Strike This is a little taste of it ;) )