Huhu Psycho,

very nice work. I'am so pround of anyone who makes our experience better with his/her work.

Well I started to build a new squad for very realistic arma 3 gaming.

And there is one wish for this script:

Can you show me the piece of code, where I can increase the time to heal a player?

We never play with ai's on our side. Only enemy ai's.

Actually I heal a player within one minute. I want the "time to heal" increased to 3 or 5 minutes.

Is there a chance to change one number in the code to reach the goal?

I have no experience in coding.

Thx for reading and maybe for help.

Fellow

Same for me, I am playing a mission with a friend and the script works fine for AI and Squad Leader Player, but if a player take an other role (like medic, or AT soldier) then he become invincible.

I think you all can found the solution in the readme!

Known issues:

- system wont work if you switch to another ai-unit --> team switch is disabled by default

What is meaned with "take other role"? Teamswitch or change the player role in a respawn dialog? (like in Zeus)

@redleouf, the time is passed in the fn_firstaid.sqf, line 96.

_skill_factor = if (_healer call tcb_fnc_isMedic) then {40+(random 10)} else {70+(random 10)};

regards

-Psycho-;2662191']exclude the possibility of a context with other mission content

Hi Psycho, thanks for answering - the Problem with healing people to death has stopped after I rebuild our mission templates from scratch and clean. So I guess there was a conflict with other content.

The problem with dead 3D icon inherited by the new body after somebody dies however persists. I am trying to disable the feature for the time being. BTW - played your script yesterday after adding Zeus to a premade multiplayer. Worked perfect for us. Thanks again for making this amazing script.

Thanks for the script Psycho, been using it and Chessmaster's fork for a while now and it works consistently great.

The problem with dead 3D icon inherited by the new body after somebody dies however persists.

I have seen this issue on occasion as well.

With the tcb_ais_revive_guaranty=true; and tcb_ais_realistic_mode=false , people still die from sniper Headshots, or that is what we assumed.

Hmm. I looked inside the code and it seems like it should not happen:

if (tcb_ais_revive_guaranty) then {

_unit setHit ["head", 0.89];

_unit setDamage 0.89;

_unit setVariable ["tcb_ais_damageStore", 0.89];

};

So if people still die occasionally what could be the cause ? I saw that the routine above the quoted code if (_damage > 20) exitWith {}; would cause immediate dying as it would skip the damage reset with headshots. We notice that the chance of it happening seems to increases with the KI difficulty Level set at the server. At skill 0.7 it happens quite a lot which is our usual training level, in my estimate about 1 out of 4 cases and it seems that setting it at 0.4 partly resolved the issue.

We tested different Server KI skill Settings to see if it would make a difference and at one point our test team of 5 people also became sporadically invincible.

It seemed to me that the damage reset just kept the player acting with fuzzy view but still standing and capable of reloading and moving around. (Rambo factor at 4 than later set down to 2) Also friendly fire was unable to eliminate such a player with rifle headshot (full magazine) from 1 meter distance. I may state that in our multiplayer mission templates there are no AI's only playable units and each unit's object Name ist set to preset value. (e.g Alpha1, Charlie1, Bravo2 .. etc) This happened on a Zeus enabled Mission template with me acting as Zeus enabled player. We do not allow role switching from the zeus respawn interface, however people may log out and during logging into the lobby again may select a different playable unit slot.

I have a script active which would allow a player to switch to a different team, like Bravo Medic leaves Team Bravo and joins Team Charlie. though the player would maintain its unique player obj ID. I assume that as there is no AI involved switching in between player teams is allowed.

Edited by 132DSONuts
Additional Info

Thanks for the script Psycho, I really love the wounding system!

I have some things I want to mention:

1) It looks like 100% revive chance guaranty doesn't work perfectly. I assume that with this active, whatever damage you get you can be revived? (I can blow myself with a grenade and die immediately.)

2) I want the ability to activate so that everybody (NON-MEDIC) with a firstaid or Medikit can revive 50% of the damage or pressing the wounds. If the player doesn't get healed by a medic in an optional time, the player will bleed to death / becoming unconscious with a 50/50 chance.

Keep up the good work! I hope you will continue to improve the system.

Edited by Total

Hello,

i have try some things to reproduce the described errors and issues but cant reproduce any kind of them. :confused:

I ask for example missions if anyone had an issue that he can show me.

1) It looks like 100% revive chance guaranty doesn't work perfectly. I assume that with this active, whatever damage you get you can be revived? (I can blow myself with a grenade and die immediately.)

I try it with some mines or a satchel but i dont die. Please link me your mission in which the error occurs.

We tested different Server KI skill Settings to see if it would make a difference and at one point our test team of 5 people also became sporadically invincible.

I have a script active which would allow a player to switch to a different team, like Bravo Medic leaves Team Bravo and joins Team Charlie. though the player would maintain its unique player obj ID. I assume that as there is no AI involved switching in between player teams is allowed.

The same please to you DSONuts, please show me your example mission in which you have tried this.

regards

Psycho,

Were you able to replicate the error that after the first kill some users become immortal?

It show the "hit" effect but they never get know down.

No. Tested with standard example map without mods on a dedicated server.

Getting a weird issue with your script through MCC at the moment. It seems that once a player dies, then takes damage, he doesnt take anymore damage and is basically god. Anyone else had the same issue ?.

Edit: Dumb me didnt read like 2 posts up. I can provide my mission aswell if it helps.

Getting a weird issue with your script through MCC at the moment. It seems that once a player dies, then takes damage, he doesnt take anymore damage and is basically god. Anyone else had the same issue ?.

Edit: Dumb me didnt read like 2 posts up. I can provide my mission aswell if it helps.

Go to see more people having the same problem. I know there are at least 4 guys already posting this issue.

FYI this issue does not happen with the previous version.

FYI this issue does not happen with the previous version.

That helps too. Witch version you are talking from? Before the Hotfix (02042014) or version 26012014?

-Psycho-;2674774']That helps too. Witch version you are talking from? Before the Hotfix (02042014) or version 26012014?

I'm using as "old" the same version that was included in MCC mission. When I get back home I can give you the date # .

I think is the one post hotfix.

Basically is the one that does not have the setting for who can revive.

Hi, I am testing your system in my mission, and it seems to be the best choice. Is that possible to set agonising people invicible? I don't want my player to be forced to respawn at base except if they bleed to death.

Hi, I am testing your system in my mission, and it seems to be the best choice. Is that possible to set agonising people invicible? I don't want my player to be forced to respawn at base except if they bleed to death.

Ok, cause so many players ask this before i will add a option in next build.

At the moment i still work on a new version. Since the last patch 1.16 many things work strange in my script pack. I have found some drastic bugs and have also made some drastic changes. Atm the new version is under testing in a community from the united states.

But the invicible bug i cant reproduce at all.

regards

-Psycho-;2675551']Ok' date=' cause so many players ask this before i will add a option in next build.[/quote']

Great!!!

Psycho, this is the best wounding system for Arma 3 at the moment. I keep encouraging mission makers to implement it as it adds another cool dimension to the game.

Would you consider adding an option to remove the text hints? I mean the side message that someone is hit, the bleed-out counter and the heal progress bar graph. I feel it would be even more immersive without these.

Yes, i have already changed something on the text hint for "xxx is down and need help". In next version this message is automaticaly disabled if the realistic mode is enabled.

I can add a extra option to disable/enable other hints/messages too. Today is "Wish your feature today". :D

-Psycho-;2675760']Yes' date=' i have already changed something on the text hint for "xxx is down and need help". In next version this message is automaticaly disabled if the realistic mode is enabled.

I can add a extra option to disable/enable other hints/messages too. Today is "Wish your feature today". :D[/quote']

This is great! Looking forward anxiously for your next version. Now, I just mission authors will actually use the realistic mode...

A strange thing: when you are agonising, you can still make your character turn around, altough you are stuck on the back.

I have a question!

What is de purpose of the make pressure on the wound for!? What dose it makes!?

Thanks! ;)

I have a question!

What is de purpose of the make pressure on the wound for!? What dose it makes!?

Thanks! ;)

Stop bleeding of the unit. While you press on the wound the unit cant die caused by bloodloss. Usefull till you wait on a medic when you are not able to help the unconcious unit.

I want to make some coop missions, with No respawn.Everything work fine with A3 Wounding System."well done".

But there is a problem and it's if anyone join in middle of game, he will join as a bird.

description.ext

onLoadIntroTime=false;
onLoadMissionTime=false;
disabledAI=1;
debriefing=1;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Spectator"};
RESPAWN = 1;
showGPS=1;
joinUnassigned = 0;

class Header
{
gameType = COOP;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 10;
};

class RscTitles {
#include "ais_injury\dialogs\rscTitlesAIS.hpp"
};
class CfgFunctions {
#include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp"
};

init.sqf

leaFunction =  compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "lea\loadout-init.sqf"; call leaFunction;//line generated by LEA.
enableSaving [false, false];

JBOY_soundLoop = compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "JBOY_soundLoop.sqf");
call compile preprocessfile "shk_taskmaster.sqf"; // task handle function

// TcB AIS Wounding System --------------------------------------------------------------------------
if (!isDedicated) then {
TCB_AIS_PATH = "ais_injury\";
{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits});		// execute for every playable unit

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player);													// only own group - you cant help strange group members

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5];														// only some defined units
};

_this = [str ("4 March 2014") , str ("Marina Bay")] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

if (isserver) then { _nul = [] execVM "missioncontrol.sqf";};

//jip markers
markerArray = [

"marker_1","marker_2","marker_3"

]; // replace the mkr for your marker names.
onPlayerConnected "{_x setMarkerPos (getMarkerPos _x)} forEach markerArray";

ais_setup.sqf

// by psycho
// AIS INJURY Setup-File Version 02042014

//__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
//	v v v v v v v v v v v v  --- Major Settings --- v v v v v v v v v v v v 

tcb_ais_revive_guaranty			=	true;			//	set to true for a 100% revive chance. False, and the unit got a 50/50 chance to fall in agony or die immediately. Attention: Take note of the settings for "tcb_ais_realistic_mode"!
tcb_ais_realistic_mode			=	false;			//	set to true and units will die if they take a headshot or a heavy explosion nearby. Attention: if set to true, the revive chance guaranty are disabled!
tcb_ais_medical_education		=	0;				//	Who can revive a concious unit?	0 == everybody		1 == everybody with a firstaid or medikit		2 == only medics 	(affect both, AI and players!)

//__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
//	v v v v v v v v v v v v  --- Optional Settings --- v v v v v v v v v v v v 

tcb_ais_rambofactor 			= 	4;				//	a higher value means more damage tolerance for the unit before the unit are unconcious ( 1== low, 2 == normal, 3 == higher, 5 == extreme)
tcb_ais_random_lifetime_factor 	= 	100;			//	a higher value means you got more time to heal the unit before bleeding out and die (50 == means round about 1 minute, 100 == means round about 3 minutes, 200 == approximately 8 minutes)
												//	the time depends on the damage the unit takes before they are unconcious. The time is randomized and not exact.
tcb_ais_delTime					=	0;				//	Time in seconds until dead bodys are deleted. If zero seconds are select this feature is disabled. (only units witch was handled from AIS Injury System will be deleted!)

//	v v v v v v v v v v v v  --- Visual Settings --- v v v v v v v v v v v v 

tcb_ais_show_injury_marker		=	1;				//	Set value to 1 and a marker show injured units on the map. 0 means this feature is disabled.
tcb_ais_show_3d_icons			=	1;				//	Set value to 1 and a 3D-icon show you ingame the position of injured units within a range of 30 metres. 0 means this feature is disabled.
tcb_ais_dead_dialog				=	0;				//	Set value to 1 to enable the deadcam and the dead dialog. 0 means this feature is disabled.
tcb_ais_bloodParticle			=	true;			//	Set to true and extra blood particles are genereated randomly on downed bodys. Set false to disable this feature.
tcb_ais_impactEffects			=	true;			//	Set to true to enable that hits have a impact to your senses. Set to false to disable this feature.

I hope somebody help me out here.

Some suggestions if you have plan to improve A3 Wounding System mod:

- Add medical stuffs like bandage, medkit, morphine ...

- Add stretcher "'tcb_ais_revive_guaranty' is good thing, players can use it to transfer wounded troops to somewhere like mobile hospital to get complete heal, we can use this for large scale battles"

- Add a Medavic chopper and mobile hospital (control by Ai and Human) "Possible in script version too ?"

- When somebody got shot, drop weapon few meter away from him sometimes.

- Add stringtable.xml to support multi languages

- Add some voices like yelling when somebody got shot or asking for help

- Hit effect for vehicles crew like loss conscious