Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 2: Combined Operations

Preface

---

This project has the agreement of all involved parties:

Note: You have to own Iron Front to make use of the conversion!

if_logo_final_m1.png

What is Iron Front

---

It is a tactical shooter video game set in World War II Eastern Front built by AWAR - a group of former OFP and Arma modders.

It was released mid last year as a standalone game using the Real Virtuality 3 engine also powering Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.

The highlights:

• Four outstanding terrains of different size
  • A large variety of very high quality and historically accurate units, weapons and vehicles
  • A German and Russian singleplayer campaign across eight missions in an authentic setting
  • Advanced gameplay features like the high level tank simulation, gun towing and artillery system or the realistic mine system
  • Great gameplay with its low tech world war 2 setting

To learn more about the game and it's features visit the official wiki.

Recommended videos to give you some more insights about Iron Front:

• by Kenwort
  • by Sibiluss
  • by Sibiluss

• by SideStrafe
  • by SideStrafe
  • by fusionpoo
  • by fusionpoo
  • by fusionpoo

Our check out our Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - Youtube video channel.

What is Iron Front in Arma

---

Thanks to kju developing the conversion process with mikero's tools and Sickboy/DeadTomGC to provide an easy interface,

this project allows you to get the great content into Arma 2. In addition it allows to:

• Mod Iron Front
  • Extend with your own addons
  • Combine it with community made mods
  • In an alive and vivid gaming and modding community
  • Improve and extend the base content with our huge 1.06 community patch

Download and play

---

Note: You may not redistribute the mod version. Otherwise you might face legal action by the publisher!

How can you assist

---

• Try it and play it
  • If you like it, tell your friends
  • Promote it with screenshots or videos
  • Mod it - new missions, modify it and create new addons
  • Join the team to help further improve it
  • Report issues

If you appreciate our efforts, the huge amount of time went into this and want contribute financially,

you can buy the game via our affiliate link or you can donate:

# kju

btn_donateCC_LG_global.gif

# tierprot

logo_s1.png

Enjoy. :bounce3:

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]
  • Like 1

Wait does this mean that I can play the IF camaigns in the Arma 2 OA Engine with my facourite AI mods?

This is a nice surprise, I knew I kept IF for some reason or other.:)

obsolete

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Yes Iron front is now a mod for Arma2CO, you should be able to use the AI mods and many other things.

I can't get the sixupdater version to work.

I have beta acitivated for SU.

Added iron front to a new collection.

Run in arma CO.

The collection shows:

Iron Front - arma 2

modset

1 mod 0kb

The launch game is green, indicating that everything is ok.

Is it supposed to be 0 kb? I imagine there should be some config files like 'all in arma'?

Same thing with the A3 version.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

;2586673']IMPORTANT

Please note tomorrow a new play withSIX version should become available

Okay, maybe I was a little bit eager. Maybe it's not tomorrow yet and the files aren't uploaded to SU? :)

Great mod. Thank you for sharing!

Dirty Haz

Ah, its great to be back, even better now its in A2, the terrains were always better than A2, even more so in A3 I would imagine, not looked yet. I44 has lots of assets that can be used I should think, alone with 'the few', also the 38 mod etc.

Anyway.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work in getting this done, and of course for sharing.:)

Impressive! Outstanding work as usual kju and the boys.

Is this usable in A3 with AiA?

edit: woot! didnt notice the release for A3. :)

Edited by Modder

Great!

Tried it out, works great. Only thing bugging me if it could be made possible to switch off IF anims and GUI, for example the running animation and the texture feature of editor.

Nevertheless, its fun pitting Red Army soldiers with mosins with only their clothes on their back against 2013 US Special Forces: anachronism ftw. ;)

Ok, seems like IF tanks are invincible against A2 units. Couldn't crack a T-34-76 with a M1A1...strange!

Edited by OnFire

Thats because all Russian ww2 equipment was made of stalinite, the hardest material known to man!

Great effort guys!

Thank you very much for all your hard work.

One thing, though:

It seems that all trucks/cars are indestructible? (A2OA 1.62 stable, IF without DLC)

Could of course be that I f*ed something up on my end while converting/patching.

Anyway, thanks a lot for this great initiative.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Is there an advantage to running this under the A2 engine? Besides the community patch of course.

Full Iron Front ARMA2 and ARMA3 installation/patching support now also available in Play withSIX, as of v1.9.546.12!

Enjoy!

v65gxy.png

Edited by Sickboy

Is there an advantage to running this under the A2 engine? Besides the community patch of course.

I guess someone will start making IF mods now, since it was impossible in IF itself AFAIK.

Would be great to see some winter IF units and terrains one day. Operation Barbarossa themed units too.

Besides you can use IF in combination with other ArmA2 mods now, e.g. islands.

Thanks a lot for making it possible.

Much as I'd like to try this out, the installation sounds like the most convoluted process I've ever seen.

I don't understand why IF studio doesn't develop an easy way to get this mod running in A3 and then sell it as IF 1.5 (presuming that IF 2 will be built from the ground-up for A3).

Before all the rabid hippies dowse me with petrol and start searching for matches, contrary to other mods, IF is a commercial product.

Sickboy: great pic btw and thanks for your continued efforts with PWS.

Yep, DS' politics around IF is hard to explain reasonably to me too. Seems, like publisher did not recognize, what a jewel he has in hands, and how bright may it shine, when treated properly. All, that proven to be possible in the end, is this complex solution (or more makeshift workaround should I say), begged by some fans through the months of annoyingly delayed negotiations with reluctant DS, that apparently has too much money, so they don't care much about chance for increased sales of IF, even achieved thanks to free of charge fans' work. That seemed to me like people trying to put more $ into DS' wallet, while DS steadfastly resisted. But finally their resistance was defeated and now some additional money from IF sale will reach DS accounts, whether DS like it or not.

Edited by Rydygier

I guess someone will start making IF mods now, since it was impossible in IF itself AFAIK.

We've been on it since march:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/Iron-Front-Revival-Mod-Project-6253251?&trail=15

release for our mods will be new years!

Much as I'd like to try this out, the installation sounds like the most convoluted process I've ever seen.

Installation is easy, you only need IF and arma2CO patched to their latest versions.

1. download the tool

2. patch the converted files with IF v 1.06 patch http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170686-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-v1-06-community-patch-available-%28Arma-version-only%29

3. start arma2CO with IF and your ready to go.

Installation is easy, you only need IF and arma2CO patched to their latest versions.

1. download the tool

2. patch the converted files with IF v 1.06 patch http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170686-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-v1-06-community-patch-available-%28Arma-version-only%29

3. start arma2CO with IF and your ready to go.

Thanks Gunter but I was referring to the IF in A3 process.

BTW thanks for all the hard work you put into your Mission Repository website, not to mention WarMod.

Incidentally I noticed that one of the major I44 clans (82nd Airborne) mentioned that he uses the ASR AI as part of his "magic mod mix".

Given your extensive testing, what are your experiences of combining ASR AI and I44?

Sorry about that, sometimes I get ahead of myself.

For WarMod i have something cooked up already since summer for Iron front ;)

but see our (IFR) thread here of what else we have for the IF community:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/Iron-Front-Revival-Mod-Project-6253251?&trail=15

As for I44 and asrai i forget I haven't used either since the start of the year, been to busy with these projects.

But it should be good.

Great!

Ok, seems like IF tanks are invincible against A2 units. Couldn't crack a T-34-76 with a M1A1...strange!

it#s not strage since the tank damage model does not work the simple way with just substracting Hitpoints as in A2 Edited by Beagle

Play withSIX now not only supports launching IFA, and converting and patching IFA,

but also patching the original Iron Front game from 1.0, 1.03 or 1.04, to the required 1.05 version!

Works for both the Disk version as well as the Digital download! As of Play withSIX 1.9.548.11

Enjoy!

(I think that warrants the glorious party pic yet again!):

v65gxy.jpg

I wonder if AI enchancing mods can add to this game?! Also, is the main installation folder necessary after applying the conversion, or can it be erased to save up some gigs?

Edit

2i6z88m.jpg

The first visual glitch I encountered. Dampens my initial excitement for this mod somewhat :(

Edited by Pulstar

Just on a side- note...

The ASR-Ai modification seems to work flawlessly for me with both the Invasion 1944 mod and the "Iron Front in Arma2"- version.

At least Ai started to immediately refill themselves at ammo- crates, decided to throw smoke in tight situations and so on...

Greetz.