Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 2: Combined Operations

Kju Redid the conversion, and trying to apply the 1.05 -1.11 patch but I keep getting the message after the patch extracts saying I still only have v1.62 of OA and it requires v1.63

when I now have OA on steam activated, I even moved the patch.exe to the directory for steam, and still get the same message.

Does it also require Arma2 to be on steam as well, could that be the issue?

Edit..also have Arma2 on steam and still get the same message.

I checked the arma2oa.exe and it is v 1.63

I'm thinking that somehow the patch is still seeing my nonsteam installation, so I will copy the steam over to the nonsteam and see what happens.

Edit... Apparently the nonsteam version was being read by the patch.exe, and so copied the arma2oa.exe over to the folder, and the patch recognized it,

game is now patched successfully!

Edited by Günter Severloh

@ Günter Severloh

It checks the registry for the path to the game.

It seems like your old install is still set in the registry.

Try starting OA in steam with admin permission to update the path.

@ Chokisss

Nope this won't replace the sounds for IFA2.

However there are two community sound replacements for IFA2:

Updated mod 1.0.8 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod 1.1.3.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod 1.1.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Possible to make a patch for compatibility with ace mod?

In addition, some tanks replace the tanks of Arma 2. It is possible to fix it?

;2848956']

ACE compatibility is way out of scope and IFA2 is not actively developed any longer by us.

Sadly :(

Are there any servers out for this?

Also I downloaded two domination maps for this mod and They are for chernarus, only problem is Arma 2 won't show chernarus when I go to the editor to mess with it. I would really like to play these if I can't get multiplayer working

I was looking for the domination map that has the player starting out in a castle with vehicles out front. Does anyone know what Im talking about?

Edited by Vancer2

Review this section vancer2 http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/?forum=284524 should answer your questions pertaining to servers.

Also there is no Domination I know of other then the one on my site WW2Dom i would have listed it long ago.

If there is one then its not for IFA2.

well the two domi files from MR have the ext of .pbo, But I don't know how to get PBO files to work in IFL 1944. Also I must have gotten them to work because I checked my C:\Users\Vance\Documents\ArmA 2\MPMissions folder and I have a folder for the domination mission Domi271WEHR.Chernarus.pbo. I may be having a brain fart but does Arma 2 have chernarus?

You answered your own question. And yes only vanilla IF has .IFA extension on them, so any mission with a .pbo extension is for IFA2 ideally.

also no need to quote me i know what i said my post is above yours.

But when I put the two domination maps into the MP missions folder they don't show up as my IFA2 doesnt have chernarus in the missions.

So your saying you dont have the Chernarus map?

IFA2 requires arma2OA so you should have Chernarus as it comes from Arma2.

I got it to show up but when I tried to laucnh it it it said I cannot edit/play this map as I was missing a file with JU87 in the name, basically the stuka. Did it get lost in coverting? Also I can't apply community patches sometimes for no reason as I get the message "Iron Front for Arma 2 CO Patch is not installed on your computer or Installation is corrupted? How do I fix that.

Well the thing aobut hte PWS is when it gets to the community patch 1.05 it gets an error about not being able to reach teh server on which the file is hosted. So I have no choice but to do manual. Im converting right now as I type this. Hopefully it will work. Also Do you have any info on the Problem I had while trying to play the chernarus map? Something about a missing file? I think I may have found the root problem I just tried to start arma as admin and it came up with Bad Serial key entered in setup.... That would be the cause. It also happened while trying to use IFL1944 same error message

I guess I have to reinstall Arma 2

Edited by Vancer2

Hi, I need to add @LIB_DLC_1_Lite as a dependency for a texture mod, but @LIB_DLC_1_Lite (although it is available at Play withSIX) is not appearing in the drop-down for the dialogue on the Play withSIX 'Add Mod' GUI?