bangabob

Live feed control (LFC)

Live Feed Control

(LFC)

Live Feed straight from the battle to a safe command center. Use the helmet camera feed for Point of veiw (POV) OR the Satellite link for lateral combat awareness.

Live Feed Control features v1.2 (24/12/2013)

• In-Game monitors
  • Stream from helmet cams
  • Satellite feed
  • Dedicated server compatible & JIP compatible
  • Easy to install + Use
  • Realistic command center
  • Automatically adjusts for units in vehicles

Instructions

1. Copy "LFC" folder into your mission folder

2. Open editor and add an EMPTY/Objects (signs)/invisible heli-pad. Name it SERVER (Important)

3. Create a monitor. EMPTY/Objects (signs)/Sign (ARMEX). Name it Monitor1

4. Name a unit "UNITNAME".

5. Copy this inside your Init.sqf

null = [[Monitor1],["UNITNAME"]] execVM "LFC\feedInit.sqf";

6. Preview Mission and use the scroll wheel to interact with the monitor

Addition instructions

For more monitors add to existing call.

null = [[Monitor1,Monitor2,Monitor3],["UNITNAME"]] execVM "LFC\feedInit.sqf";

For more units add to existing call

null = [[Monitor1],["UNITNAME","Unitname2","unitname3","unitname4"]] execVM "LFC\feedInit.sqf";

Important notices

• A maximum of 4 different camera feeds at the same time
  • After reaching 5 concurrent camera feeds the monitors will turn off. (This is the renderTargets been reset after reaching their maximum capacity). Simply select a feed to continue.
  • Use above instructions for adding more monitors
  • Ensure an object named SERVER exists in the mission
  • Do NOT put the same unit in different calls. Such as
    [b]BAD:[/b] null=[[monitor1]["s1"]]execVM "LFC\livefeed.sqf";null=[[monitor2]["s1"]]execVM "LFC\livefeed.sqf";

[b]GOOD:[/b] null=[[monitor1,monitor2]["s1"]]execVM "LFC\livefeed.sqf";

ChangeLog

1.2 updates (24/12/13)

- JIP compatible. Players will be added to livefeed list upon entering server

- Cleaned up script errors

- Removed desktop background in favor of realistic blue screen

- Changed folder name from "CCTV" to "LFC"

- Use string format when adding units to livefeed

- Modified secure.sqf script in example mission for adapting monitor display grid

1.1 updates (19/12/13)

- Camera will update when unit enters vehicles

- Added camera positions for all vehicles!

Edited by BangaBob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

This is pretty amazing. Thank you for posting it.

I cant seem to get in vehicle camera working though. The camera just stays at the position from where I started the feed.

This is pretty amazing. Thank you for posting it.

I cant seem to get in vehicle camera working though. The camera just stays at the position from where I started the feed.

Really! Which vehicle is it?

I went through all the classes (except civilian because i forgot) setting the camera position so this is quite surprising.

From what I can tell, it happens on every vehicle. If I put a vehicle name in the unit array (as you did with your vehicles), it works like your example mission. If I use a Man unit in the array and then order him into a vehicle, the camera stays at the position at which he entered the vehicle or you started the feed.

Reproduce:

Order a unit into a vehicle and watch helmet camera stop following.

Edited by Fight9

From what I can tell, it happens on every vehicle. If I put a vehicle name in the unit array (as you did with your vehicles), it works like your example mission. If I use a Man unit in the array and then order him into a vehicle, the camera stays at the position at which he entered the vehicle or you started the feed.

Reproduce:

Place an empty vehicle and name it "vic1".

Place a man and name name him "man1". Optional: Man1 INIT: "man1 moveinDriver vic1;"

Put man1 in your script unit array for init.sqf.

Order unit into vic1 and order to drive or give him waypoint.

Start camera feed.

Camera stays at position rather than moving with unit in vehicle.

Oh i see. Yeah the script is designed to work with units. Then adjusts when the unit enters the vehicle.

Oh i see. Yeah the script is designed to work with units. Then adjusts when the unit enters the vehicle.

That's just the thing. Its not adjusting when a unit enters a vehicle.

Great job! I dreamed of this, but for a different application : security camera live feed on in-game monitors with destructible camera objects for PvP infiltration missions... :D

I hope it goes further in that direction! But the possibilities for a commander already make this really awesome.

Updated v1.1

- Fixed : Live feed now updates for units entering/Leaving vehicles

- Added civilian vehicles to Camera configs

Edited by BangaBob

This is a wonderful bit of scripting - just what I wanted for missions!

Is there any way to make it dedicated server, Join In Progress compatible please?

If my array of squad members to be monitored aren't connected when the mission initialises, it throws up errors. If I log out and switch to another unit, I can't view myself even.

My init line is: null = [[Monitor1,Monitor2,Monitor3,Monitor4],[alpha_1,alpha_2,alpha_3,alpha_4,alpha_5,alpha_6,alpha_7,alpha_8,alpha_9,alpha_10,alpha_11,alpha_12 ]] execVM "cctv\feedinit.sqf";

Works in the editor. Hope you can help!

Happy Christmas everyone (eta 5 hours) :p

I have updated the script. My brain literally vaporized getting JIP to work properly. But it was worth it!

1.2 updates (24/12/13)

- JIP compatible. Players will be added to livefeed list upon entering server

- Cleaned up script errors

- Removed desktop background in favor of realistic blue screen

- Changed folder name from "CCTV" to "LFC"

- Use string format for adding units to livefeed

- Modified secure.sqf script in example mission for adapting monitor display grid

Edited by BangaBob

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I'm new to scripting so im not sure what i am asking but I wanted to know if/where I would need to start to run the live feed off of an object. I'm thinking more traffic cam. I have used the probability on AI but your script assigns "generic" names and it seemed odd in my mission. An answer, link to a tutoral, or any help I get will be appreciated.

Edited by XH4nsGruberx

Is it possible to have a live feed screen in my ops room and a tablet in the field? If so would it be possible to make a video tutorial on how to set it up please? Many thanks

From what i see this is not possible with this script. the cTab mod does something like that, tho. Look it up.

@BangaBob

It would be pretty nice to stream the signal from the cTab helmet cams to your script/monitors. Do you think that's possible somehow?

This is exactly what I had been dreaming of! Thanks so much for making and sharing.

I'm trying to implement it into a team deathmatch scenario, with limited success. I've listed all players (both sides) in the init.sqf and when I preview from the editor as blufor I can pull up the live feeds of any unit (blufor or opfor) so that bit's working fine for my purposes. However, when I try it with player as opfor the live feeds don't initialise. I can see that there's a reference to (side player) in the init line but I can't tell if/how that would need to be modified to make it work when playing as opfor (or if that's even the issue, I may be looking at the wrong line of code).

Is anyone able to help with this? I'd love to get it working but my script writing skills are pretty much non-existent and my script reading skills are pretty limited too as I'm fairly new to all this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

This is exactly what I had been dreaming of! Thanks so much for making and sharing.

I'm trying to implement it into a team deathmatch scenario, with limited success. I've listed all players (both sides) in the init.sqf and when I preview from the editor as blufor I can pull up the live feeds of any unit (blufor or opfor) so that bit's working fine for my purposes. However, when I try it with player as opfor the live feeds don't initialise. I can see that there's a reference to (side player) in the init line but I can't tell if/how that would need to be modified to make it work when playing as opfor (or if that's even the issue, I may be looking at the wrong line of code).

Is anyone able to help with this? I'd love to get it working but my script writing skills are pretty much non-existent and my script reading skills are pretty limited too as I'm fairly new to all this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ok, answered my own question. I updated to v1.2 of the script and it worked perfectly (I'm guessing the JIP stuff is what helped?).

I will have a look but it should be simple to do yourself

Yup, well its your mod mate, the other mod is that guys! so will need permission from both of you before hand.

Wouldnt that mod need hardcoding though? I mean directly in the .pbo file you can add your scripts then pack it all as one? maybe you can contact him...

Also adding more to his command and control post like UAV monitors and such would be awesome :)

So I used this in an adversarial mission the other day and people loved it. One thing I'm struggling with is modifying the script a bit so that people know they're being watched. What I'm trying to do is get a hint to display for the person being watched and for a post-process effect to temporarily play for that person. I'll settle for the hint and ppEffect playing for everyone first off though. I've put the code for these things into the liveFeed.sqf at the point that the monitor is turned on. This works when previewing the mission in that the person doing the watching gets the hint and the ppEffect. However, when I tested in an MP setting it seemed to be pretty patchy who got the hint and who got the ppEffect. I'm guessing that what I need to do is use the BIS_fnc_mp function to make all these things happen on each client's machine. However, that's where my scripting ability runs out. The syntax for the BIS_fnc_mp seems set up for functions and I'm not clear how to apply it to hints and ppEffects.

Can anyone help me out?

Here's an extract from the code that shows what I'm trying to do:

_monitor setObjectTextureglobal [0,"LFC\standby.jpg"];

//Post processing effects added to let people know they are being spied upon

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [5];

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 1;

"ColorInversion" ppEffectEnable true;

"ColorInversion" ppEffectAdjust [0.2,0.3,0.4];

"ColorInversion" ppEffectCommit 2;

//Hint text added to let people know they are being spied upon

hint "Video link channel compromised, unknown access identity";