brainslush

=TSS= SLOVETIR - Scopes Love TrackIR

=TSS= SLOVETIR - Scopes Love TrackIR

by: brainslush

Version

Download

http://www.tracker.tactical-stealth-squad.de/projects/tss-slovetir/files

Motivation

With the new 3D-Scopes in Arma3 TrackIR-users can look around with a magnified view. This addon is supposed to tackle this problem by unzooming the player when looks around. It also enables the TrackIR-user to watch around in the 2D-Scopes. Furthermore it disables the possibility to use nightvision with zoomed scopes. I know that some might disagree on this topic but it doesn't work with most scopes.

So far the addon was only tested by a couple of people, so please give a feedback if you find any kind of bug or like to see some other features.

I will add some images and video soon.

So far it doesn't work if you play on a difficulty level different from elite, because using the 3rd-person mode messes up the addon and your game experience.

Features

Implemented Features

• Disable abbility to look around zoomed in magnified 3D-Scopes
  • Look around unzoomed in 2D-Scopes
  • No nightvision in zoomed 3D-Scopes

Planed Features

• So far non

Required AddOns

• CBA - Community Based Addon

Report Bugs

http://www.tracker.tactical-stealth-squad.de/projects/tss-slovetir/issues/new

Known Bugs

http://www.tracker.tactical-stealth-squad.de/projects/tss-slovetir/issues

Edited by brainslush

Update v0.3

Download: SLoveTIR_v03

Changelog

- Fixed: Error was displayed when player got attached to an object
- Fixed: Pause menu button "configure" didn't work properly when using this addon
- Added: Added addon restart button to pause menu in case the addon stops working

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I'm disappointed that I haven't noticed this mod earlier. Thanks for the release, very useful for infantry manoeuvres.

Hey brainslush,

unfortunately =TSS= SLOVETIR doesn't work for me at all. Also the menu button is being displayed in the menu but has no function either.

Hey brainslush,

unfortunately =TSS= SLOVETIR doesn't work for me at all. Also the menu button is being displayed in the menu but has no function either.

Are you running CBA?

i had this same issue i only use first person and i tried this mod a LONG time ago when it first came out ... It NEVER worked for me AT ALL.. I know it launched.. as i now how to mod my client... It just Did Not work.

Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue, thanks for replying :)

Works fine here, make sure you are in ELITE difficulty. Are you using any other mods? Have you checked your .rpt files? Are you using showScriptErrors?

Made sure it's elite difficulty. Every mod turned off/not loaded except cba and TSS, basic test environment understanding. Show ScriptErrors enabled now and RPT logs shows this:

[2577,63.366,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.8.140725. MISSINIT: missionName=Arsenal, worldName=VR, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
Warning Message: Script x\tss\addons\TSS_SLOVETIR\XEH_PreInit.sqf not found
[2577,63.641,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_cache_disable.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[2879,71.247,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
Warning Message: Script x\tss\addons\TSS_SLOVETIR\XEH_PostInit.sqf not found
[2879,71.262,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.8.140725, "]
[2879,71.268,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=3, BIS_functions=L Modules:1, group=L Modules, player=B Alpha 1-1:1 (ChuWie), _playerType="B_Soldier_F", _playerGroup=B Alpha 1-1"]

Warning Message: Script x\tss\addons\TSS_SLOVETIR\tss_restart.sqf not found

I checked the PBO myself and all the missing files are definitely within the PBO.

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

New full log after I put the "cba_cache_disable.pbo" and "cba_cache_disable.pbo.cba_a3_rc3_hotfix.bisign" within the cba addons folder;

http://pastebin.com/1cHxMUja

---

edit 3;

Went from tss_slovetir_05.zip back to tss_slovetir_03.zip.

03 just worked fine after re-initialize via ingame menu.

Went back to 05 and it stopped working again.

So either something is wrong with the 05 version or something else is fishy.

Harzach, thanks for replying and trying to help, much appreciated :)

Cheers

Edited by ChuWie

Aha! The config in v0.5 has file path errors on lines 26, 34, and 46. A simple fix. I figured I was using the latest version, but Six is pushing v0.3.

*edit* - I can't be bothered to create yet another account right now, so consider this the bug report.

//========================================
// =TSS= SLoveTIR - "Scopes Love TrackIR"
// v0.5
// created by brainslush, visit
// tracker.tactical-stealth-squad.de
// to report issues
//========================================

class CfgPatches
{
class TSS_SLOVETIR
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CBA_Extended_EventHandlers"};
	fileName = "tss_slovetir.pbo";
	author[] = {"=TSS= brainslush"};
};
};

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers
{
class tss_slovetir
{
	clientInit = "call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers '\x\tss\addons\TSS_SLOVETIR\XEH_PreInit.sqf'";
	////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
	//SHOULD BE
	//clientInit = "call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers '\TSS_SLOVETIR\XEH_PreInit.sqf'";
	////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
};
};

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers
{
class tss_slovetir
{
	clientInit = "call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers '\x\tss\addons\TSS_SLOVETIR\XEH_PostInit.sqf'";
	//SHOULD BE
	//clientInit = "call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers '\TSS_SLOVETIR\XEH_PreInit.sqf'";
};
};

class RscStandardDisplay;
class RscShortcutButton;
class RscButtonMenu:RscShortcutButton{};
class RscDisplayInterrupt:RscStandardDisplay{
class controls{
	class ButtonSkip:RscButtonMenu{};
	class ButtonSloveTIR:ButtonSkip{
		idc = -1;
		onButtonClick = "[] execVM '\x\tss\addons\TSS_SLOVETIR\tss_restart.sqf'";
		//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
		//SHOULD BE
		//onButtonClick = "[] execVM '\TSS_SLOVETIR\tss_restart.sqf'";
		//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
		text = "Restart SLoveTIR";
		tooltip = "Restart Scopes Love TrackIR";
		y = "21.9 * ((((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25) + (safezoneY + safezoneH - (((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2))";
	};
};
};

Edited by Harzach

Oh sorry, I never pushed the correct version up to the server since I never imagined that people are using that mod. Actually not the path is wrong but I packed it with the BIS-Addonmaker which is unable to read the $PBOPREFIX$ files properly.

I will be redoing this mod in the next few days, since I came up with an idea to make it more effective and reliable

The reson that it doesn't work in any other gamemode than elite was because I didn't see any point in fixing that when third person is enabled.

Nice to see you are working on an update :)

If you don't mind me making a suggestion;

It would be nice to have an ability that disables TrackIR for the time being when looking through zoomed in scopes, for instance the red dot sight of the RCO and also zoomed in scope.

But TrackIR should be enabled again immediately when being out of weapon scopes.

Would be a nice feature if that could be implemented :)

Nice to see you are working on an update :)

If you don't mind me making a suggestion;

It would be nice to have an ability that disables TrackIR for the time being when looking through zoomed in scopes, for instance the red dot sight of the RCO and also zoomed in scope.

But TrackIR should be enabled again immediately when being out of weapon scopes.

Would be a nice feature if that could be implemented :)

I'm not completely sure what you're suggesting but do you mean that the TrackIR (or any other headtracking) movement should be disabled when looking through any scope? I guess this won't be possible since you can't alter the inputs of the client, at least not for controllers and TrackIR. I guess there even is a ticket suggesting to enable the feature to alter the client inputs.

[...]movement should be disabled when looking through any scope?

That's exactly what I meant :)

Well I wrote in the TrackIR forums now and we will see if they can come up with a solution together with BI, would be awesome :)