VanZant

VanZant's SteadyShot (sway and recoil controller)

VanZant's SteadyShot (sway and recoil controller)
Current version: A3.3.0.0
Required addons: None
Keys: Yes
Signature: Yes

Direct links: Download

Changelog:

v3.0.0, 29.11.2015

•  Changed. Usage of the new commands in v1.54.

v2.0.0, 12.04.2015

• Changed. Integration with marksmen DLC.

v1.0.2, 02.02.2014

• Changed. Updated to match the existent animations.

v1.0.1, 14.12.2013

• Added. Signature file.

v1.0.0, 12.12.2013

• First release.

Description:
This addon allows to tweak sway, recoil and breath values in a easy way. Edit the file "steadyShot_settings.hpp" located in "\userconfig\vz_addons" and run or restart the game.
This how the default "steadyShot_settings.hpp" looks:

// Globals.

#define VZ_SSH_G_R        1       // Global recoil multiplier.
#define VZ_SSH_G_S        0.3     // Global sway multiplier.
#define VZ_SSH_G_P        true    // Enables or disables aim imperfections after running, changing stances, and such type of actions.

// Bipods.

#define VZ_SSH_I_DRP      0       // Multiplier for the permanent recoil when the bipod is deployed.

// Breathing.

#define VZ_SSH_B_TH       1.6     // Multiplier for how many time the breath can be holded.
#define VZ_SSH_B_TR       0.7     // Multiplier for how many time takes to restore the breath.
#define VZ_SSH_B_SW       0.5     // Multiplier for sway.

Notes:
- v1.54 is required.
- Addon settings cannot be changed while the game is running. A restart is needed.

Installation:

• Install the pbo file as usual.
  • Copy the folder "userconfig" into the game's root folder and overwrite if asked. For example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig"
Edited by VanZant
New version
  • Like 2

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Very interesting! Need to try it out!

How easy is it to use?

I know not much about scripting - will i be able to use it?

Greetz!

How easy is it to use?

Greetz!

It's very easy to use - just change the master values in the userconfig.

Love the addon -- thanks for sharing.

Hi, with the default settings improve very much the silly game's sway, when you're standing/not moving; is great and was very needed. Let's C ya

How easy is it to use?

Greetz!

The easiest way to use is to set all to 1 and tweak the master multiplier, thus mantaining the original BIS ratios. If you like the new behaviour then maybe it's time to tweak others, if you want.

An example is the better. Someone has set the master to 0.3 and thinks it's fine, but then he realizes that for horizontal adjustment stances the value should be the original, and the double for vertical adjustments. The config would be:

#define VZ_SWCRL_MAS_SWY 0.3	// Master sway

#define VZ_SWCRL_ADJ_UPP 6.66	// Up 2*(1 / 0.3)
#define VZ_SWCRL_ADJ_DOW 6.66	// Down 2*(1 / 0.3)
#define VZ_SWCRL_ADJ_LEF 3.33	// Left (1 / 0.3)
#define VZ_SWCRL_ADJ_RIG 3.33	// Right (1 / 0.3)

In layman's terms. Does this mod allow one to reduce the recoil of a weapon? Secondly, does this recoil alteration affect all weapons (vanilla and modded)?

If one can reduce recoil, how does one do it? It seems, from what I read in your description and the example above, that one can only add more to the sway and recoil. I do not see any negative values that would indicate that one is subtracting rather than adding. Again, I am not script technician, and many of these technicalities do seem esoteric to me, but I am a lover of clarity. A response to the above questions would be much appreciated.

In layman's terms. Does this mod allow one to reduce the recoil of a weapon? Secondly, does this recoil alteration affect all weapons (vanilla and modded)?

If one can reduce recoil, how does one do it? It seems, from what I read in your description and the example above, that one can only add more to the sway and recoil. I do not see any negative values that would indicate that one is subtracting rather than adding. Again, I am not script technician, and many of these technicalities do seem esoteric to me, but I am a lover of clarity. A response to the above questions would be much appreciated.

The closer to 0 you go, the less recoil or sway because you're multiplying the values. If you set either master value to 0, then there should be 0 recoil or 0 sway (if I understand correctly).

@VanZant: Does this only affect player recoil and sway or is the AI affected, too?

Edited by ebarstad
Added Question

@VanZant: Does this only affect player recoil and sway or is the AI affected, too?

Sway values are applied to animations. I don't know if the engine uses that information for AI, or only for players, or if AI uses other methods. Only a dev can answer that. Same for recoil.

For us the only way to test such thing is to make A HUGE amount of tests and see what happens in the statistics. Essentially wasting time.

They're multipliers so anything multiplied by 1 equals the same. >1 increases, <1 decreases.

Edited by VanZant

Seems to work just fine at default settings.

Why would I want to mess things up by playing around with those settings?

Seems to work just fine at default settings.

Why would I want to mess things up by playing around with those settings?

Maybe because there could be even BETTER settings for you?

Maybe because a new modded gun that you build should feel different from the other guns?

Greetz

@VanZant

You might be my new hero! Been waiting for some thing like this. Awesome!

So to have NO SWAY if Prone, I'd just set the value to 0 ?

@VanZant

You might be my new hero! Been waiting for some thing like this. Awesome!

So to have NO SWAY if Prone, I'd just set the value to 0 ?

That's how it works. Set #define VZ_SWCRL_STA_PNE 0 and sway in every prone stance, no matter what, how, or when, will be gone. :D

I must be doing something wrong. I still have sway. Possible other addon conflict?

I must be doing something wrong. I still have sway. Possible other addon conflict?

Probably, and especially if you use large mods that tend to modify many aspects of the game at the same time. You can check it testing with vanilla version and a sniper scope. Also make sure that addon and settings files are well placed.

Rodger that. It's definitely working. But still have micro-sway.

I'm looking to have prone be rock-steady. Zero sway. I want

to completely eliminate luck for a sniper project in-the-works.

Can you confirm if you have time, that a 0 setting is rock

solid laser pin-point, or do you have some micro-sway as well?

Rodger that. It's definitely working. But still have micro-sway.

I'm looking to have prone be rock-steady. Zero sway. I want

to completely eliminate luck for a sniper project in-the-works.

Can you confirm if you have time, that a 0 setting is rock

solid laser pin-point, or do you have some micro-sway as well?

It remains a very small vibration but has nothing to do with sway because you can't set less sway.

Maybe there is a minimum hardcoded in the engine, or is related with some kind of simulation of pulse, or something similar. At least after a quick look inside the config i can't find anything that could do that.

could you please add the bisign files?

you only added the key

secured servers can't use addons without bisign and bikey files !

thanks

Now that I looked into it a bit more I think theres something missing before this becomes really usefull.

The multipliers as I see it will change the sway all together. But to make weapons different from each other and interesting it would be nice to have something like "sway up left" "sway down" etc. So a weapon may sway up and down more or more to a certain side and so on.

The same for the recoil

Best regards!

Vanzant, thank you for the best mod ever. I was playing today and spent the majority of time controlling weapon sway and felt so pissed off and anoyed with the game, I found this mod (luckily!) I may add and what can I say GAME changer!!!

I must have a MOD conflict too.. I can't get this to work in any shape or form. What a pitty, the weapon sway in Arma 3 is probably the least appealing aspect and it makes the game almost unplayable, even point blank you can't hit anything the gun waves around like you're on drugs. Someday when willing to go through the long game start process 100 times I'll try and figure out which mod is causing the conflict. I also notice that this mod doesn't show up at all in my ArmaA3Sync launcher so that's probably another sign of a issue.

New 1.0.2. Updated to match the animation classes of the current stable branch version.

I must have a MOD conflict too.. I can't get this to work in any shape or form. What a pitty, the weapon sway in Arma 3 is probably the least appealing aspect and it makes the game almost unplayable, even point blank you can't hit anything the gun waves around like you're on drugs. Someday when willing to go through the long game start process 100 times I'll try and figure out which mod is causing the conflict. I also notice that this mod doesn't show up at all in my ArmaA3Sync launcher so that's probably another sign of a issue.

It works well. Check that both mod and userconfig folders are in the right place.

About any possible conflicts i can't do anything. It's the player who decides how or what things to install.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!