Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

Some bugs that should be fixed

Hello all,

I've foudn 2 bugs that could be fixed in the next patch.

First, all the grenade launcher in OFP got the M16 reload sound when u shoot a grenade ..

Second, the m16+mortar is missing shadow

Hope they will be fixed soon and great work BIS

Also there is a file gone on the Soviet mines  --- Picture equip\m\m_minee.paa not found.  

The size of the buildings on that map are to small, or else the people that live on the  island are tiny.

If you go on top of a building go prone and look down you fall into the roof and will get stuck inside. I sank down to the ground one time from a 5 story building

the last two I list sound like they could be hard to fix, but it really takes away from the game when I run up to a house thats that small. I will post more bugs when, or if I find them.

Almost forgot this one ..... screen shot here you can go prone and stick the edge of your gun out and fire. No one will be able to see you. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ July 16 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Almost forgot this one ..... screen shot here    you can go prone and stick the edge of your gun out and fire. No one will be able to see you.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

would it be possible to tell me positions of this rock?

To my experience, all rocks do that. But it takes some time to do that and it's very rarely done by accident. Kinda a bug that you can use for yourself in MP or SP.

Oh and also there's a bug when firing AH1 Cobra's cannon. The cannon rotates when firing but it's always in the same position, the muzzle flash however goes there where the gunner points the gun. And if you stop firing the cannon will return to that position where gunner has actually pointed it confused.gif. Kinda hard to explain, but easy to see.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ July 16 2002,11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To my experience, all rocks do that. But it takes some time to do that and it's very rarely done by accident. Kinda a bug that you can use for yourself in MP or SP.

Oh and also there's a bug when firing AH1 Cobra's cannon. The cannon rotates when firing but it's always in the same position, the muzzle flash however goes there where the gunner points the gun. And if you stop firing the cannon will return to that position where gunner has actually pointed it confused.gif. Kinda hard to explain, but easy to see.<span id='postcolor'>

There is a similar bug in all OFP versions in MP (Have'nt tried 1.75 in MP yet).

-All turnable weapons: tank-turrets, chaingun-cannons on helis, M2's etc always face north or as close to north as possible at the start of a mission on all clients-computers. On the server everything looks fine (weapons point in all kinds of direction at start)

Missing pic for Laser Designator ammo (?) also - picture not found error message.

Try Ca 97 to start with. run into rock going from E to W. That screen shot was near Ig 14. N.o.R.S.u. was right about part of that but some of the rock you can just run into very easy. 1.75 has fixed alot of the old bugs with this. The top of the building thing is very easy to do. All you have to do is go prone and look down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ July 16 2002,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The top of the building thing is very easy to do. All you have to do is go prone and look down.<span id='postcolor'>

It is because of snipers. You would not be able to shoot from the roofs if there would be colision.

- No ironsight in the MG Jeep.

- LGB bombs have lighting from opposite direction.

- Stachels and mines can not be put into vehicles.

- M2 (east)  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is a similar bug in all OFP versions in MP (Have'nt tried 1.75 in MP yet).

-All turnable weapons: tank-turrets, chaingun-cannons on helis, M2's etc always face north or as close to north as possible at the start of a mission on all clients-computers. On the server everything looks fine (weapons point in all kinds of direction at start)<span id='postcolor'>

Actually this is a different bug, it's appears only when using AH1 Cobra's cannon (because it's the only one in the game that is animated). Just try out Cobra's cannon and you'll see.

I found that when you looked into back of the passenger slot of the Mi-17 (the big one w/ rockets*) you see a metal wall at the back, but when you get into the back seats and look back there it is a camo curtain back. I'm guessing its not supposed to be like this?