Sign in to follow this  
atomickrypton

ArmA II and Operation Arrowhead on windows 8.1

Hello, so I am almost done finishing up my first gaming PC rig and I am debating over which OS to get. I would like to know if ArmA II, ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, and DayZ are compatible with windows 8.1. Thank you in advance.

-Jake

Hello, so I am almost done finishing up my first gaming PC rig and I am debating over which OS to get. I would like to know if ArmA II, ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, and DayZ are compatible with windows 8.1. Thank you in advance.

-Jake

Hi Jake, welcome to the forum. I'm running windows 8.1 x64 after taking the plunge from windows 7 and everything runs fine. I've played all the above and never had a single problem. Hope that helps ;)

Thanks for the information. I must ask, overall have you seen a performance increase once you started playing on windows 8.1?

Thanks for the information. I must ask, overall have you seen a performance increase once you started playing on windows 8.1?

To be honest mate i haven't paid any attention to it, but i can honestly say it isn't any worse. I have it running on full detail and it just runs beautifully on my system with SweetFX also. I mean windows 8.1 ain't that much different under the hood apart from the crap they've put in it. But i use start8 and rarely use the in built windows 8 crap! In short you won't be disappointed unless you have weak hardware! It's hard to give an honest speed increase result as i'm running it on and Evo SSD and boy does it fly!

Jon :)

Edited by Law-Giver

Law-Giver, I am running windows 8.1 and can't get GAF installed. I get the Visual C++ error. You got any ideas on this problem?