Sign in to follow this  
h a w a i i a n

How to get unbinarized ARMA 3 models?

How can I get unbinarized models of Arma 3 models? mostly uniforms items, vests,glasses,helmets,etc.? I'm having alot of fun experimenting with implementing Arma 2 model parts for this addon I'm working on. I wrote to B.I. but they told me to come to the forums and ask, so I'm asking. I'm doing harmless work like this.....

flight_deck_monkeys__re_texture___final_by_dissizithawaii-d7zda2z.jpg

*the vest is actually the tactical vest from Arma 3, I erased the pouches and retextured the vest and added my own Normal Map via the rvmat.

I don't model and I'm not ready to indulge in that hobby yet, I just like to make new things out of models that are already made up, it's fun for me and I don't mind the tedious work. I know (a little) of my way around Oxygen 2 and I do really good at re-texturing ^ and I've been able to move parts where I want them and have them show up in the game flawlessly. Hope someone hears me out, aloha.

1. i doubt BI redirected you to forums to ask for BI's content in an open format. They might have redirected you to the forums to read their content licensing thread and/or ask for 3rd party made mlods.

2. there is no such thing as A3 MLODs, and there won't be anytime soon. If you find any, it simply means it is an authorized rip and that is against the EULA.

1. i doubt BI redirected you to forums to ask for BI's content in an open format. They might have redirected you to the forums to read their content licensing thread and/or ask for 3rd party made mlods.

2. there is no such thing as A3 MLODs, and there won't be anytime soon. If you find any, it simply means it is an authorized rip and that is against the EULA.

You "doubt" BI directed me here!? wtf ,you calling me a liar sir? Yes they/whomever wrote me linked me straight to these forums, not that specific thread tho but the individual did link me here and said that "due to the recent Make Arma not War contest Bohemia Interactive has stopped answering all direct emails and will be,something something I forget because the email was deleted".

I doubt the guy who wrote me back even understood what I wrote him, and obviously he didn't care either lol. But whomever answers emails there did redirect me here......

Edited by Hawaii_Based

You "doubt" BI directed me here!? wtf ,you calling me a liar sir? Yes they/whomever wrote me linked me straight to these forums, not that specific thread tho but the individual did link me here and said that "due to the recent Make Arma not War contest Bohemia Interactive has stopped answering all direct emails and will be,something something I forget because the email was deleted".

I doubt the guy who wrote me back even understood what I wrote him, and obviously he didn't care either lol. But whomever answers emails there did redirect me here......

Relax mate, there was no pun intended, nor have i called you a liar:

I will rephrase, because you seem to have quoted only part of what i said: I doubt BI's intention was to direct you here to ask for mlods of the their own content, considering they stated there will be no release of the said content, and ripping would be an infringement of their own eula, and of the forum rules.

Most likely, it was part of miscommunication, or a case of standard e-mail template.

To conclude: there are few cases of mlods that have been given to certain community members, per direct request via e-mail, but those particular lads have to sign/agree to more condition than the ones you already do when you install their SDK tools. None of those have been handled via those forums, but it was a direct communication (just like you have tried).

TLDR: it is not going to happen. Not with MANW on horizon anyways (it could be called impartiality).

there are few cases of mlods that have been given to certain community members, per direct request via e-mail

Obviously I wanted to be "one" of those gentleman. I just took their advice to what they asked me to do, the f*** else was I supposed to do?

Hey man,

Im not sure BIS has released a library of sourced content of what is actively in game now,

However, If you download the ArmA 3 Tools from Steam, You will have access to Sample Models provided by BIS so you can work off of them and learn them. They are sourced models and come with everything you need to get it up and working.

Hope I helped.

Hey Armod, thanks for the advice brother, but I had those samples way before the Arma 3 Tools were ontroduced on Steam. Thanks for your thought tho homie, much appreciated :)

via steam tools, you have the entire download for a2 mlods

im just trying to find a beret.p3d unbinarized

would be appreciated if someone could help me

Get the Arma 2 sample models and look for the UN officer in the Characters_E sub folder. That's the one I used in my UN gear pack.

@pufu i didnt even think of looking there

thanks both of you for your help very much appreciated

i have the LicensedDataPackages now but i have the ssame problem that all the p3d files are all Binarize