Sign in to follow this  
peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Hello, my name is Peral. This is a A-10C I have been working for a while and is close to being finished. With the help of Franze I have integrated a Interactive cockpit similar to AH-64D Apache by Nodunit and Franze.

A-10C_zpsb737930e.jpg

A-10Ccockpit_zps47d8fce6.jpg

A-10Ccockpitright_zpsed0fe384.jpg

A-10Ccockpitleft_zps94d2dec5.jpg

Also, I'm not the best at texturing so if anyone would like to help with the texturing your more then welcome, Just PM me.

Edited by Peral

Absolutely amazing, just 1 question. It looks kinda shiny on the first picture (the nose and wing), is that still being fixed or is it just the way the sun hits or something? :p Impressive work in any case :)

Wow very nice, looking forward to this one for sure.

will you be adding different MFCD pages, a proper hud, changeable loadouts and autopilot modes (altitude hold, altitude & heading hold, path hold)?

@ Ei8ght: The Warthog's been back for anyone who was willing to use the Arma sample models, like Stiltman has. ;)

What Peral (with Franze's help) has done is bring us something new -- the A-10C is quite a different 'beast' from the A-10A (what the prior Arma games had represented) in what the "Precision Engagement" upgrades resulted in, although in Stiltman's thread we discussed the A-10A+ (an interim upgrade that essentially gave a fraction of the A-10C capabilities at a fraction of the cost and time, mainly in replacing the Maverick TV monitor with a MFCD and adding TGP support).

Absolutely amazing, just 1 question. It looks kinda shiny on the first picture (the nose and wing), is that still being fixed or is it just the way the sun hits or something? :p Impressive work in any case :)

I'm still working on new remats for the A-10C.

Wow very nice, looking forward to this one for sure.

will you be adding different MFCD pages, a proper hud, changeable loadouts and autopilot modes (altitude hold, altitude & heading hold, path hold)?

Yes it does have MFCD pages, i'm currently working on weapons tracking and navigation pages.

Looks great, and as Chortles pointed out it's good to have another version of the A10. Looking forward to test flights :D

What level of simulated detail are you going for with the A-10C? Will you actually have to go through a startup sequence?

What level of simulated detail are you going for with the A-10C? Will you actually have to go through a startup sequence?

Yes, you will have to go through a startup sequence. Documentation will be with the addon on how to do that.

For those of us that play DCS: A-10C, that should be a relatively easy walk in the park. Can't wait to finally get to do so in Arma!

Looked at the pictures and read the comments, excitement summed up in video.

Looking forward to seeing those videos.

Edited by NodUnit

What program are you using to model the cockpit? You could bake out an ambient occlusion map and apply that to the diffuse, it would make a fairly large visual impact for depth, though you may want to add some light grey to the backing http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/usmilobserver/A-10s%20Spangdahlem/01.jpg

if nobody has PM'd you about textures yet then I would happily take a look for ya. (cockpit)

Edited by NodUnit