Sign in to follow this  
dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - Upcoming Release Announcement

tblogo2_zps0619e205.png

What is Tactical Battlefield?

Today I am proud to announce the upcoming release of Tactical Battlefield (TacBF). This mod introduces new Team vs Team (aka Player vs Player) game play features to Arma 3 with gritty new game modes, missions within a standardised environment and consistent rules. Tactical Battlefield takes teamwork and tactics to a new level. TacBF has been under development on different versions of the ARMA engine for around 7 years and is brought to you by me (Dr Eyeball) and Wormeaten, with the support of 12thmechanised.com and the Regiment of the Grenadier Guards [RGG] Arma communities.

Tactical Battlefield will be released on Friday December 6, 2013 at 4PM EST.

Visit http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net for more information and to join the discussion.

Features:

1. Community- Tactical Battlefield already has an established community of players who regularly play, communicate, and coordinate together in teams, sharing tactics, support, and resources and doing everything they can to shoot, kill, and blow each other up in nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat, gritty combat!
  2. Missions - around 20x Team vs Team multiplayer missions ranging in size from Tiny to Huge, with specially-designed main bases and in-built mission voting feature.
  3. Game modes
    • Advance and Secure (A&S) - Both sides fight tooth-and-nail to dominate objectives in this dynamic and challenging game mode, or until the enemy is worn down to the nub and their 'tickets' run out.
    • Attack and Defend (A&D) - Like A&S, but one side is on the Defensive and occupies key positions while the other side Attacks. Lost objectives can never be re-captured. Failure to capture a single objective by the attacking team will result in defeat.
    • Search and Destroy (S&D) - Gather intel (documents & maps) by searching bodies, seek out and destroy Resistance weapons caches amidst suicide-bombers and Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (VBIED).

[*]Roles - Teamwork-focused gear restrictions with pre-configured but customisable loadouts, including Squad Leader, Medic, Engineer, Light Anti-Tank, Heavy Anti-Tank, Marksman, Sniper, Crewman, Pilot etc. Say goodbye to AT Sniper Pilots!

MoUuKuVl.jpg

[*]Weapon resting - Reduced muzzle climb and deploy bi-pods via our customized TMR code.

uNoYwWQl.jpg

[*]Suppression effect - By suppressing your enemy with accurate fire, he will temporarily experience gradual shake and vision blur, enabling realistic infantry tactics for suppression fire and assault elements. This code is exclusive, has been developed specifically for Tactical Battlefield, and has been tested, tweaked, and approved by about 40 testers.

1qcKi7i.jpg

[*]Wind effects on ballistics - Marksmanship is now a real skill with support for the server-side VTS ballistics addon.

76GwKvPl.jpg

[*]Squad Management and map features - Join or create a Squad with a customised call-sign, and recruit new members. Toggle player name-tags. Designate fire teams and leaders and coordinate with other Squads. With special map features, assign orders, report enemy, request support.

HolhDR3l.png

[*]Logistics - Transporting assets using the cargo system, eg. loading containers into towed trailers.

YkYgEDwl.png

[*]Outposts and respawns - Deploy a respawn point or build your own fortified Forward Outposts with Hesco barriers, barbed wire and mounted weapons.

Hl1tjR7l.jpg

[*]Advanced Medical - Includes diagnosis, CPR, Adrenaline auto-injectors, morphine and bandages.

DzkrbhOl.png

[*]Vehicle Maintenance System - Rearm, repair and refuel APCs, tanks, helicopters, and planes.

bf3RjNyl.jpg

Thank you for your support

As lead developer, I would like to thank everyone who worked on this mod or provided permission to incorporate their work. Special thanks to the TacBF Team who provided endless hours of testing, change reports, suggestions, administration and infrastructure organisation and all our forum members. Also a big thanks to the wider Arma 3 community for their interest and feedback, and of course Bohemia Interactive.

What are the upcoming plans for Tactical Battlefield?

Prepare next mission pack, enhance existing plus introduce new systems and features, finalise Commander System integration, introduce new game modes, add support for ACRE, ACE, All in Arma and 3rd party addons, plus more.

Development and Contributions by

• Dr Eyeball - ICE/TB systems coding, AAS code fixes and improvements, configs, images, some basic models, imports.
  • Coolbox - original AAS system code
  • Wormeaten - original SAAS extensions, design, organisation
  • DMC - models (the good ones)
  • Norrin - original sling load base code
  • mad rabbit - coding tasks
  • Adanteh - Suppression system, NVG adjustment, general coding.
  • Taosenai - allowing us to include TMR addon
  • KDK - allowing us to include vehicle textures from blu_mohawk addon.
  • L etranger - VTS ballistics addon
  • Leon - UI menu/icon graphics
  • Swedge - Help manual
  • TacBF team members - missions
  • countless others in the community who have contributed: missions, advice, code sections or other assistance

Special credits to:

• Dale & Hurtz - for organisation and management of forums and servers.
  • 12th Mechanised group - for hosting forums and servers.

Looking forward to the next phase of this project. For more information please visit http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net

Sincerely,

Dr_Eyeball

Edited by Dr_Eyeball
timezone link, forum link changed

Sounds excellent. Good to see so many familiar names here :)

Looking forward to the release!

Great news!

:bounce3:

Just realised this is our independence day :D

Edited by St. Jimmy

Cant wait to try this, reminds me so much of PR in A2, and now I have a decent PC to play it on now!

Looking forward to Friday 6th - wow all good releases come at once...

Those trailers are a nice touch. any plans on making a full trailer for the HEMTT? that could take a loaded container around the map and allow for larger bases to be created.

Sort of. HEMTT probably doesn't need a trailer, since the rear wheel section is still there, it just needs the ability to load and especially unload a container in a tidy fashion, which would give it a few new purposes.

December 6th will be the day I'm switching to Main Branch then :)

Cant wait to play this with Olutta guys and all of you vets from PR, hope you guys get the commander side pushed in soon. Maybe even some UAV's? I am really astonished by all the features you managed to get crammed into the initial release.

Edited by Bumgie
Added some missing parts

fantastic stuff. can't wait to try it. i hope there are enough servers for a proper launch.

are there any plans to include not only scripts but also content of other small mods? i could imagine that this mod could be the perfect platform to standardize something like RH M4s or the scopes by iansky.

fantastic stuff. can't wait to try it. i hope there are enough servers for a proper launch.

are there any plans to include not only scripts but also content of other small mods? i could imagine that this mod could be the perfect platform to standardize something like RH M4s or the scopes by iansky.

What are the upcoming plans for Tactical Battlefield?

Prepare next mission pack, enhance existing plus introduce new systems and features, finalise Commander System integration, introduce new game modes, add support for ACRE, ACE, All in Arma and 3rd party addons, plus more.

I believe so.

Great news for PvP fans! Looking forward to some amazing gameplay, thanks to this stellar team.

Bloody Christmas :)

We should release on black friday!

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Its open to modify as you can see in another post on the forums!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163550-Tactical-Battlefield-A-PvP-Gameplay-Modification&highlight=tacbf

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :bounce3:

Ready to kill!

We are still looking for Official hosters to help with launch. See application thread here http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=534

We currently have 2 official server instances running for 80+ players each, depending on demand we will need to add more.

Wow this looks amazing! I see this go round there's actually MBT's in there. One thing that PR: A2 lacked (atleast when I was playing). Will this be available for download? or is it select communities only?

Kind regards,

***1cem@n***

Bloody Christmas :)

We should release on black friday!

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Its open to modify as you can see in another post on the forums!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163550-Tactical-Battlefield-A-PvP-Gameplay-Modification&highlight=tacbf

that's not what i meant though. i already know and appreciate that. what i meant was pick certain small addons like high quality weapons and add them to the mod permanently. otherwise there is no advantage. it would be like joining any other server with mods. you'd have to get the mods separately. i don't mean of course to squeeze lots of stuff in but it would be great to have certain stuff that everyone uses anyways lots of the time in there for good. much like you did with TMR.

just an idea. anyways. i'm really pumped for friday. i hope there will be some nice team play.

Not really a MP player but this might change that. This looks very good Dr_Eyeball! By the way have you figured a way to make that Trailer actually articulated? I would like to finally get my M931a1 Tractor-Trailer finished, but the articulated trailer is the main reason I have not released/worked on it for awhile. And I would love to at some point use tractor-trailers with your Tactical Battlefield mod, to add to the important logistics side of things in which your mod utilizes very nicely.

Dave,

that's not what i meant though. i already know and appreciate that. what i meant was pick certain small addons like high quality weapons and add them to the mod permanently. otherwise there is no advantage. it would be like joining any other server with mods. you'd have to get the mods separately. i don't mean of course to squeeze lots of stuff in but it would be great to have certain stuff that everyone uses anyways lots of the time in there for good. much like you did with TMR.

just an idea. anyways. i'm really pumped for friday. i hope there will be some nice team play.

From what I understand that is the plan for sure. Licenses could be a problem though. If there is high quality content out there and the mod makers allows to include it, it would be very welcome indeed.