wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

You probably also need to ensure respawn settings in description.ext are set up properly (probably). I've never actually tried with anything other than respawn=base, but set it to that and it should prevent team slots disappearing when they die/disconnect.

Ref Player Resupply, that setup should be correct - I'll update the wiki if it's not clear. I'm also making some pics and diagrams to help explain the concept of TAORs and Placement Modules, which I'll upload in due course. Essentially though, "Player Resupply" is just a User Interface for players to access the same Military Logistics that the AI uses. So you need to have some military forces (one of the Placement modules) at a suitable location (an Objective within the TAOR) and a commander (OPCOM) and some logistics support (Military Logistics) - all synced together of course. Then must place the Player Resupply module so you can dip into the logistics support yourself, steal all OPCOM's shiny tanks and laugh evilly as your AI ally is reduced to misery with nothing but a rusty spoon to win the war.

Guys, it's just great!!!

My :yay: impressions from Alive were comparable to my first MFCTI game in OFP!!!

It's a true Klondike for mission makers!

Thank you so much for this mod!

Yep we will be making Tutorials for all the new and updated modules before the 0.8 release so keep an eye out.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

There is a bug currently in player resupply where the system will sometimes get stuck on requesting, there is a fix for this in 0.8. Until that time I suggest not making request calls too early in the mission.

Thanks for the heads up... saves me fiddling with mods trying to figure it out... I'll try a request later in the mission... see how it works... my gf is getting tired of hearing "hi it's arjay again with the alive dev team and this tutorial. ..." lol ;)

Bump from 8 SEP...

Has anyone had any issues with Alive assigning your AI squad to defensive positions within a TAOR? I even have my player (team leader) synced to the profile module and its on selection 'dont profile synced'. It's happened not only shortly after start, it's also happened after I geared up, loaded my peeps into a chopper and flew 6 clicks to a forward, friendly held operations outpost. As soon as I landed....poof, three of my team were magically transported from the seats in the helo...to the guard towers 150 meters away.

Hey Guys I Am Also Having A Similar Issue. I Have Two F/18s In Flight With Waypoints, And Noticed They Would Not Show Up To Destination. I Decided To Assign Myself As Gunner On One Aircraft, And After Very Short Time The Pilot Disappeared. I Synched To Profile System, Chose "Except Synched Units". Still Had Prob. Un Synched Chose "Only Synched Units". Still Had Prob. Any Help Much Appreciated.

Awesome Work!

Dan

Hey Guys I Am Also Having A Similar Issue. I Have Two F/18s In Flight With Waypoints, And Noticed They Would Not Show Up To Destination. I Decided To Assign Myself As Gunner On One Aircraft, And After Very Short Time The Pilot Disappeared. I Synched To Profile System, Chose "Except Synched Units". Still Had Prob. Un Synched Chose "Only Synched Units". Still Had Prob. Any Help Much Appreciated.

Awesome Work!

Dan

If the pilot is set as player controllable and is not part of the same group as the gunner, and disappears when starting a multiplayer game (either dedicated or on the same machine), it sounds like a bug I raised and has been fixed for 0.8: http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74746

Try changing the pilot to AI only and see if the pilot disappears and/or group the pilot and gunner together when you choose to control the gunner. If the pilot continues to disappear, it may be a separate issue or something in the way you are setting up the mission.

If the pilot is set as player controllable and is not part of the same group as the gunner, and disappears when starting a multiplayer game (either dedicated or on the same machine), it sounds like a bug I raised and has been fixed for 0.8: http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74746

Try changing the pilot to AI only and see if the pilot disappears and/or group the pilot and gunner together when you choose to control the gunner. If the pilot continues to disappear, it may be a separate issue or something in the way you are setting up the mission.

The_Asset Thanks For Reply. At First I Had The Two Planes AI Controlled Grouped Together, Already Flying, A Long Distance From Player. I Noticed They Would Not Show Up, So Then I Changed It So I Could Be Gunner, And Noticed Pilot Disappear. After More Testing, (Not As Gunner) Starting A Long Distance Away. I Would Wait A Bit, They Do Not Show, I Teleport To Where They Show On Map, And The Pilots Are In The Water. Changed Them To Helos, Undamagable, Pilots Are In Water, Helos Are On Bottom Of Ocean Still Running. And Yes I Do Have Them Flying. LOL. Now If I'm Gunner In Helo, The Pilot Does Not Disappear. When I Removed Profile System everything Worked. Put Profile System Back In Messed It Up Again. Hopefully Resolved In 0.8

Thanks Again

Dan

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

The_Asset, I Just Read Your Issue That Is Being Taken Care Of Sounds Like The Same Deal. Thanks

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Just Tried With NonPlayable Worked Great! Thanks The_Asset. You Are An Asset!

Dan

Hey, I am not getting the option in admin actions for player logistics. Am using all modules. Logistics is synced to opcom. I have disabled the persistence in disable player logistics module but nothing else, just like the tutorial.

Hey, I am not getting the option in admin actions for player logistics. Am using all modules. Logistics is synced to opcom. I have disabled the persistence in disable player logistics module but nothing else, just like the tutorial.

Oops... misread that

When I drop an alive profile, requires alive, and admin actions, player logistics shows up for me in the alive menu under admin actions

-upon further testing it shows up in any mission in alive is active with no modules... did u mean player resupply

Edited by CosmiC10R

I am pretty sure the Admin actions is not where you should be looking......when hitting your 'ALiVE Key" the ALiVE Menu appears, if you have a Logistics Module synced to an OPCOM with a Mil Placement etc it will show up below Admin Actions on this very menu.

To avoid confusion:

Player Logistics = picking up objects, loading into vehicles etc. This is does not require any specific editor module to be place as it is on by default but the action menu items ("Pick Up Object" etc) need to be enabled by the player via the ALiVE Interaction Menu once in game (you can disable them again once done to avoid clutter in the action menu).

Player Resupply = interface to request vehicles, ammo etc from the military force pool. This requires the Player Resupply module to be placed on the map. It does not need to be synced to anything. However, you do need to set up a military supply pool to request stuff from (e.g. a Mil Placement module with at least one viable objective, synced to an OPCOM which in turn is synced to a Military Logistics module). This is because Player Resupply is just a human interface for the same Mil Logistics as the AI.

I don`t want to sound pushy but are there any news about the insurgency template? Anyone else from the community tried to load it up yet maybe (with different results)?

edit: let me add a question: does the ALIVE system support Suicide Bombers & will there drop any "Intel" about weapon caches?

Edited by ufopilot

Player Logistics = picking up objects, loading into vehicles etc. This is does not require any specific editor module to be place as it is on by default but the action menu items ("Pick Up Object" etc) need to be enabled by the player via the ALiVE Interaction Menu once in game (you can disable them again once done to avoid clutter in the action menu).

This is what I am having issues finding. I use my Alive menu and don't get the option to enable the option. I will go back and make sure for a 3rd time. I have watched the tutorial 2 times and you can drop a disable module for certain things for player logistics, but that's it.

any news about the 0.8 release?

for myself is stopped playing/editing alive since 0.6 cause 0.7 broke nearly everything.

By "nearly everything" what do you mean? I've been using 0.7 with VCB with no great dramas.

0.8 will be soon

By "nearly everything" what do you mean? I've been using 0.7 with VCB with no great dramas.

0.8 will be soon

0.7 is the best Alive has ever been...

0.8 will be soon

o7

broken for example: CQB Module

Edited by yxman

0.7 is the best Alive has ever been...

I disagree. While many awesome things were added, some nasty bugs snuck through. Some of my ALiVE missions are totally ruined with the enableSimulation bug and the CQB server bug, offloading heavy CQB warfare to clients, diminishing their performance, instead of our dedicated box. I eagerly await 0.8.

Random question, are suicide bombers in ALiVE yet? I have yet to see one and I have spent lots of time observing civilians with extreme hostility and nothing.

o7

broken for example: CQB Module

CQB serverside bug is a known issue (it works fine on clients including Headless Client incidentally). What is the rest of the "nearly everything" you mention though? There's a whole lot more to ALiVE than CQB. Please submit bug reports on DH so we can track them down and squash them. Please remember this is still very much a beta product so any help we can get now will contribute to a more stable 1.0 release.

Yes suicide bombers are technically there but they're very rare. They won't be getting a lot of loving until we start working on the Insurgency module proper.

Edited by friznit2

Yes suicide bombers are technically there but they're very rare. They won't be getting a lot of loving until we start working on the Insurgency module proper.

awww :(

I disagree. While many awesome things were added, some nasty bugs snuck through. Some of my ALiVE missions are totally ruined with the enableSimulation bug and the CQB server bug, offloading heavy CQB warfare to clients, diminishing their performance, instead of our dedicated box. I eagerly await 0.8.

Random question, are suicide bombers in ALiVE yet? I have yet to see one and I have spent lots of time observing civilians with extreme hostility and nothing.

Hey mate!

CQB Server plus a different selection of JIP clients with best performance is already in Dev!

Also the enableSim issue has been fixed as also BIS fixed the hideObjectGlobal/enableSimGlobal!

will reach you shortly!

Hey mate!

CQB Server plus a different selection of JIP clients with best performance is already in Dev!

Also the enableSim issue has been fixed as also BIS fixed the hideObjectGlobal/enableSimGlobal!

will reach you shortly!

This is great news! Thanks for the info!

hey mate!

Cqb server plus a different selection of jip clients with best performance is already in dev!

Also the enablesim issue has been fixed as also bis fixed the hideobjectglobal/enablesimglobal!

Will reach you shortly!

thanks! :)

Alive Dev-Heaven page had shown a 14 day release date on the next update... That was over two weeks ago.... Now it shows a completely different list of errors to be fixed and anther 30 day wait... WTF happend to the last update... Did i miss something??

You should team up with TPW he knows up to update mods QUICKLY!!!! :P

Edited by Lordprimate

Alive Dev-Heaven page had shown a 14 day release date on the next update... That was over two weeks ago.... Now it shows a completely different list of errors to be fixed and anther 30 day wait... WTF happend to the last update... Did i miss something??

You should team up with TPW he knows up to update mods QUICKLY!!!! :P

Why so impatient? I am sure it will be released when they are satisfied it is ready. We're all waiting for the release. If there are bugs they need to be fixed or they get flamed for a broken release. Bring on v0.8.

Why so impatient? I am sure it will be released when they are satisfied it is ready. We're all waiting for the release. If there are bugs they need to be fixed or they get flamed for a broken release. Bring on v0.8.

No the dev heaven site for alive had showed mutiple slated updates, the next being in 14 days ( the last time i looked). I stepped away (for 2 weeks), and remembered last night after work, that there was an update scheduled for alive.. So i checked this morning and the slated (14 day ) update was Gone. And the next update was in 30 days.. I was wondering wtf happened. If the update was pushed back the site usually portrays this... saying "overdue" so and so days... but it was gone...

And then i made a sarcastic poke, that they should engage TPW, only because if you follow tpw_mods, you'll know that TPW updates that mod like a mad man... it was more a sarcastic joke then anything, hence the ":P" at the end!

Im impatient because this is a great mod and there are these fixes that are already done, that are no longer listed on their dev site, and are not pushed out.. So i was all "wtf" in my face. Thinking that i had missed something..

Edited by Lordprimate