wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

It seems my ArmA3 server crashes with ALiVE enabled. Just sefault, no particular errors. Seems to be happening after 2-3 hrs of play and then bam, we need to start again.

If you have access to it can you pastebin your server's RPT file and link here?

Doesn't have RPT anywhere... Seems like linux server writes logs to stdout instead of file. I saw some spam about suicide bomber module before it crashed.

I have core file which i can trace with gdb if you want.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Also saw some of there: DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Not really far from crash.

People that dont like the splash screen and what else i got pro tip! Close your eyes all the way pass the loading screen and until you join a server!:yay:

To the alive team keep up the good work!;)

Appreciate the support guys! Couple of reasons for splash screens etc... and a quick update!

Reasons for Splash

1. Getting the mod recognised in the community when we first released it.

2. Saying thank you (and some recognition) to musicians who freely provided their art for our enjoyment

3. Indicating that ALiVE was being used in the mission you are playing.

I can understand that not everyone appreciates the splash and logos. I personally believe we have a healthy number of people using and playing ALiVE to warrant a review of point 1. I also believe we have for a few weeks now provided some good coverage for Johari, so certainly can review point 2.

We will revisit it as we approach 1.0 to ensure that your Arma 3 experience is not degraded by our mod.

New Development Approach

BTW, we are trying to move to a more agile approach to our development with regular (2/3 week) release cycles. expect 0.9.6 to drop soon, obviously with fewer new features and bug fixes, but hopefully addressing key things leading up to 1.0.

Insurgency Coming

Highhead is "heads down" wrapping up a very exciting Asymmetric Warfare mode for OPCOM (AI Commander) which will enable a true counter-insurgency style mission. The level of detail for this will be unprecedented (we believe), with the ability for example to monitor civilian interaction and movement to identify IED factories, weapons caches and insurgent recruitment centres. We are hoping to land this in 0.9.7 version due in a few weeks.

Replacement for ASM

Are you getting shit MP performance? Ever wanted to see exactly how your server was performing? Using ASM? Want something new and cool to play around with? Well, the ALiVE Data module will now offer the same level of performance data as ASM and can be viewed via the ALiVE War Room. Simply register your group and server on War Room, drop the ALiVE Required module and the ALiVE Data module into your mission and away you go. Stats are updated live and can be viewed on your groups server page.

Want to join our team?

We are still recruiting people that are interested in being part of a close knit dev team. We welcome anyone who fancies a go at SQF scripting, Javascript/PHP development (for War Room) and C++/C# development for our ALiVE extension. ALiVE is an opportunity to build your experience of any of these technologies in a fun mod development environment.

It's broken, you suck!

Something not working for you? Let us know! As we get closer to v1.0 we are super keen on getting bug reports. With the shorter dev cycles its important to give us fast feedback! If its a bug or new feature let us know here http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues/new , if its something else try our forum here - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/ or our wiki http://alivemod.com/wiki/

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?

Please feel free to donate! It costs us about $65 per month to run our War Room website and ALiVE Database servers. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Thanks again all you awesome people that support our mod, whether its just playing it, testing it or donating, we really want to thank the community for your support.

Edited by Tupolov

Doesn't have RPT anywhere... Seems like linux server writes logs to stdout instead of file. I saw some spam about suicide bomber module before it crashed.

I have core file which i can trace with gdb if you want.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Also saw some of there: DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Not really far from crash.

I believe that is "normal" BIS RPT spam.

Can you post your startup parameters including mods? I'd be surprised if there is no way to output to file... maybe check the Linux dedi thread here (I'm pretty useless in Linux sorry)... otherwise without RPT it's gonna be hard to diagnose.

yep, sure.

./arma3server parms='-netlog -ip=redacted -config=arma3-server.cfg -mod="modpack/@CBA_A3;modpack/@A3_Paddle_Mod;modpack/@ASDG_JR;modpack/@BWA3;modpack/@CHO_F35B;modpack/@Gorka_uniforms;modpack/@OH_BOATS;modpack/@PG_Services;modpack/@RHPACK;modpack/@RHSAFRF;modpack/@RHSUSF;modpack/@RH_acc;modpack/@RKSL_attachments;modpack/@RPA_Refined_Vehicles;modpack/@agm-le;modpack/@fhq_accessories;modpack/@mrt_accfncs;mappack/@AllInArmaTerrainPack;mappack/@Bornholm;mappack/@Helvantis;mappack/@SMD_Sahrani_A3;mappack/@isladuala;mappack/@panthera;modpack/@FHQ_Weapons;modpack/@ASDG_Attachments;modpack/@JS_JC_FA18;modpack/@JS_JC_SU35;mappack/@gorgona;mappack/@sfp_islands;servermods/@ALiVE;servermods/@zbe_cache;servermods/@ASR_AI3" -cpuCount=4 -high'

As you can see, my modpack is mostly maps & guns. Noticeable addons includes ASR, AGM and ALiVE. I received crashes without ZBE cache and ASR, now i disabled ALiVE and waiting for results...

As for GDB crash...

Program terminated with signal 8, Arithmetic exception.

#0 0xf7596d2b in __divdi3 () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Hey, we crashed it again. Last lines of log...

22:22:59 File x\alive\addons\mil_ied\fnc_createBomber.sqf, line 72
22:22:59 Error in expression <ATL _victim; sleep 2; (_bomber distance _victim < 8) || (time > _time) || !(aliv>
22:22:59   Error position: <_victim < 8) || (time > _time) || !(aliv>
22:22:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: _victim
22:22:59 Error in expression <00;
waitUntil {_bomber doMove getposATL _victim; sleep 2; (_bomber distance _vic>
22:22:59   Error position: <_victim; sleep 2; (_bomber distance _vic>
22:23:00 R Alpha 1-1: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
22:23:00 R Charlie 2-3: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
22:23:00 R Charlie 3-3: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
run-server.sh: line 1: 14827 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./arma3server parms='-netlog -ip=188.165.207.25 -config=arma3-server.cfg -mod="modpack/@CBA_A3;modpack/@A3_Paddle_Mod;modpack/@ASDG_JR;modpack/@BWA3;modpack/@CHO_F35B;modpack/@Gorka_uniforms;modpack/@OH_BOATS;modpack/@PG_Services;modpack/@RHPACK;modpack/@RHSAFRF;modpack/@RHSUSF;modpack/@RH_acc;modpack/@RKSL_attachments;modpack/@RPA_Refined_Vehicles;modpack/@agm-le;modpack/@fhq_accessories;modpack/@mrt_accfncs;mappack/@AllInArmaTerrainPack;mappack/@Bornholm;mappack/@Helvantis;mappack/@SMD_Sahrani_A3;mappack/@isladuala;mappack/@panthera;modpack/@FHQ_Weapons;modpack/@ASDG_Attachments;modpack/@JS_JC_FA18;modpack/@JS_JC_SU35;mappack/@gorgona;mappack/@sfp_islands;servermods/@ALiVE;servermods/@zbe_cache;servermods/@ASR_AI3" -cpuCount=4 -high'

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Full RPT file https://gist.githubusercontent.com/rlex/d9878decc2ea525a29f3/raw/gistfile1.txt

yep, sure.

./arma3server parms='-netlog -ip=redacted -config=arma3-server.cfg -mod="modpack/@CBA_A3;modpack/@A3_Paddle_Mod;modpack/@ASDG_JR;modpack/@BWA3;modpack/@CHO_F35B;modpack/@Gorka_uniforms;modpack/@OH_BOATS;modpack/@PG_Services;modpack/@RHPACK;modpack/@RHSAFRF;modpack/@RHSUSF;modpack/@RH_acc;modpack/@RKSL_attachments;modpack/@RPA_Refined_Vehicles;modpack/@agm-le;modpack/@fhq_accessories;modpack/@mrt_accfncs;mappack/@AllInArmaTerrainPack;mappack/@Bornholm;mappack/@Helvantis;mappack/@SMD_Sahrani_A3;mappack/@isladuala;mappack/@panthera;modpack/@FHQ_Weapons;modpack/@ASDG_Attachments;modpack/@JS_JC_FA18;modpack/@JS_JC_SU35;mappack/@gorgona;mappack/@sfp_islands;servermods/@ALiVE;servermods/@zbe_cache;servermods/@ASR_AI3" -cpuCount=4 -high'

As you can see, my modpack is mostly maps & guns. Noticeable addons includes ASR, AGM and ALiVE. I received crashes without ZBE cache and ASR, now i disabled ALiVE and waiting for results...

As for GDB crash...

Program terminated with signal 8, Arithmetic exception.

#0 0xf7596d2b in __divdi3 () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Hey, we crashed it again. Last lines of log...

22:22:59 Error in expression <ATL _victim; sleep 2; (_bomber distance _victim < 8) || (time > _time) || !(aliv>
22:22:59   Error position: <_victim < 8) || (time > _time) || !(aliv>
22:22:59 Error in expression <00;
waitUntil {_bomber doMove getposATL _victim; sleep 2; (_bomber distance _vic>
22:22:59   Error position: <_victim; sleep 2; (_bomber distance _vic>
22:23:00 R Alpha 1-1: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
22:23:00 R Charlie 2-3: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
22:23:00 R Charlie 3-3: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
run-server.sh: line 1: 14827 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./arma3server parms='-netlog -ip=188.165.207.25 -config=arma3-server.cfg -mod="modpack/@CBA_A3;modpack/@A3_Paddle_Mod;modpack/@ASDG_JR;modpack/@BWA3;modpack/@CHO_F35B;modpack/@Gorka_uniforms;modpack/@OH_BOATS;modpack/@PG_Services;modpack/@RHPACK;modpack/@RHSAFRF;modpack/@RHSUSF;modpack/@RH_acc;modpack/@RKSL_attachments;modpack/@RPA_Refined_Vehicles;modpack/@agm-le;modpack/@fhq_accessories;modpack/@mrt_accfncs;mappack/@AllInArmaTerrainPack;mappack/@Bornholm;mappack/@Helvantis;mappack/@SMD_Sahrani_A3;mappack/@isladuala;mappack/@panthera;modpack/@FHQ_Weapons;modpack/@ASDG_Attachments;modpack/@JS_JC_FA18;modpack/@JS_JC_SU35;mappack/@gorgona;mappack/@sfp_islands;servermods/@ALiVE;servermods/@zbe_cache;servermods/@ASR_AI3" -cpuCount=4 -high'

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Full RPT file https://gist.githubusercontent.com/rlex/d9878decc2ea525a29f3/raw/gistfile1.txt

Refer here if anyone else is having the same issues and needs some answers.

The suicide bomber error is fixed in next release - coming this week.

So you can't help with crashing stuff?

So you can't help with crashing stuff?

Have you tried Tupolov's recommendations from the ALiVE forums. I'm not too familiar with Linux but those conflicts stated in the ALiVE forum post might be why it's crashing.

i don't know if this been reported but since 1.40 AI won't attack each other no matter what setting;syncs i do , all they do is patrolling. back in 1.38 they did attack each other but now i don't know what happened :(

Re ask the question, since it never got answered (busy thread haha):

If I set the radius for the CQB really high, will that work in terms of what I am trying to achieve? I want the AI to encounter these CQB units as well, not just player (as I am disabling infantry since they end up becoming useless when assigned attack missions, at least on altis).

But if I do that, will the dominant faction actually respawn in there after someone has took it?

Yes dedicated will help a lot.. as you mentioned try setting it to ignore small or small/medium objectives

Was considering renting a server for optimal experience... but I'm a bit lost with all the offers. What would be the best cost/performance renting option in Europe (living in France) for playing alone or with one or two friends using persistency and War Room ?

Removed conflicting mods like ZBE, crashes still here. Running non-alive mission now, ~12hrs stable server.

alive_logo_bif.jpg

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 0.9.6

Fixes & Enhancements

This is a minor patch to provide compatibility with Arma 3 1.40 as well as some bug fixes and tweaks. Sahrani A3 has been indexed, FFV issues with combat support resolved, fixes to the IED module and a fix for Bornholm compatibility. We have also resolved some AI Commander issues, added a new FieldHQ composition and included a new TRACE intelligence tool for CQB. We have also improved our @AliveServer package with better and more efficient server monitoring. We also added the ability to set Suicide Bomber classes in the IED Threat module parameters. Finally we have configured mappings for new RHS factions: rhs_faction_usmc_wd, rhs_faction_usmc_d and updated mappings for other RHS factions.

Performance monitoring is now turned on by default if using the ALiVE Data module. You can check out your server performance via the War Room. Server performance messages are also written to the Server RPT.

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com

Also available from PlayWithSix and ArmAholic.

Note that this build requires the new @ALiVEServer package.

rxTGcmM.jpg

War Room

Most of the ongoing War Room work is focussed on stability and robustness of the system as it sees more and more use every day. Many thanks to all those providing feedback and troubleshooting issues with the data feeds. You will soon see a significantly more enhanced Server Performance suite built into the War Room with some very powerful analytical tools for server admins. Even if you're not running persistent missions, we strongly encourage you do use the ALiVE Data module to record server stats so we can build a benchmark and provide everyone and BIS with invaluable performance data.

We have added a new 'mission' that automates high quality image capture of any addons you have loaded so they can be uploaded to the War Room. Instructions are included in the demo folder. If you have missing images on your War Room profile, run this up and let us know so we can upload them for you.

Manual

Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need should is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know by submitting a ticket on our Development Tracker and we'll look to fix it.

Support Forum

For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on Skype or sign up to the forum on our website: http://alivemod.com/forum/

Release Highlights

• New Maps: indexed Sahrani A3, Bornholm
  • Factions: Improved support for RHS
  • Combat Support: fixed FFV
  • IED Threat: bug fixes
  • IED Threat: module param to set Suicide Bomber class(es)
  • ALiVE Required: added option to disable persistent markers
  • ALiVE Data: performance monitoring on by default
  • Military AI Commander: bug fixes
  • ALiVE Server: Updated plugin and DLLs, please use!
  • Composition: New Field HQ composition by Friznit
  • Bug fixes and tweaks to several modules

Want to join our team?

We are still recruiting people that are interested in being part of a close knit dev team. We welcome anyone who fancies a go at SQF scripting, Javascript/PHP development (for War Room) and C++/C# development for our ALiVE extension. ALiVE is an opportunity to build your experience of any of these technologies in a fun mod development environment.

Disclaimer

ALiVE is still in BETA and subject to change. We may need to clear persistent database data from the War Room before major updates but we will try to let you know well in advance if this happens. We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker.

Work In Progress

We are hard at work on the Asymmetric Warfare Environment, popularly known as the Insurgency Module although it's technically not a single module but a whole new game mode. We have a working system already but there is a way to go before it achieves our final vision. Our main theme at the moment is to ensure ALiVE is a intuitive and robust as we can make it for general release of 1.0 We'll be taking a long hard look at the outstanding feature request list and make some decisions about what we can realistically achieve for what will be the official gold version, but we're determined that Asymmetric Warfare will be in there! We will of course continue working on future enhancements after that.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?

Please feel free to donate! It costs us about $65 per month to run our War Room website and ALiVE Database servers. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

Re ask the question, since it never got answered (busy thread haha):

If I set the radius for the CQB really high, will that work in terms of what I am trying to achieve? I want the AI to encounter these CQB units as well, not just player (as I am disabling infantry since they end up becoming useless when assigned attack missions, at least on altis).

But if I do that, will the dominant faction actually respawn in there after someone has took it?

They won't fight in the virtual space as CQB units are not profiled in the same way. Any spawned units (i.e. when players are near) will of course fight each other normally. CQB's dominant faction will kick in as normal too.

fafafou - someone else asked a similar question a couple of pages back and a number of people replied with some useful suggestions and links. If you browse back a few or use the thread search you'll be able to find it. I was sure there was a post about this in the server forums but I don't seem to be able to find it at the mo.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Removed conflicting mods like ZBE, crashes still here. Running non-alive mission now, ~12hrs stable server.

We've been running a Windoze server at VCB for several days without issues using ALiVE and a fairly typical mod pack. If this is a linux server there's only a limited amount we can do to help as none of use are linux gurus unfortunately.

New Maps: indexed Sahrani A3, Bornholm

Came on here to ask when Sahrani A3 would be indexed as my group just started a campaign on it and I forgot to check if it was indexed beforehand but low and behold my prayers have been answered! :yay:

Great news on the update and the accelerated cycle... great to have you guys back pushing towards 1.0

Fingers crossed Sahrani still blooming works as it got updated TOO today...

;-)

SJ

Great news on the update and the accelerated cycle... great to have you guys back pushing towards 1.0

Fingers crossed Sahrani still blooming works as it got updated TOO today...

;-)

SJ

Bugger!

Updated mod v0.9.6.1509031 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v0.9.6.1509031 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

All,

Unfortunately looks like @AliveServer shipped with a bug. We are sorting it out now. Please bear with us.

Don't update @AliveServer if you have downloaded already

They won't fight in the virtual space as CQB units are not profiled in the same way. Any spawned units (i.e. when players are near) will of course fight each other normally. CQB's dominant faction will kick in as normal too.

fafafou - someone else asked a similar question a couple of pages back and a number of people replied with some useful suggestions and links. If you browse back a few or use the thread search you'll be able to find it. I was sure there was a post about this in the server forums but I don't seem to be able to find it at the mo.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

We've been running a Windoze server at VCB for several days without issues using ALiVE and a fairly typical mod pack. If this is a linux server there's only a limited amount we can do to help as none of use are linux gurus unfortunately.

Running 0.9.6 right now, 3 hours passed, no crashes. This usually happens after 2-3hrs. Fingers crossed.

Hmm 0.9.5 was as stable as ever for us - we run persistent 24/7 servers and haven't had problems specific to ALiVE since the 1.38 warping/desync issue now solved.

Serjames,

Did you update @AliveServer? we are getting reports of server hang. Trying to test/fix right now.

Cheers

Hmm 0.9.5 was as stable as ever for us - we run persistent 24/7 servers and haven't had problems specific to ALiVE since the 1.38 warping/desync issue now solved.

I run linux server, this might be the cause. Or maybe problem in specific mission (ATM we run only insurgency)