Sign in to follow this  
bravo93

BAF Systems - RAF Hercules C5 (Reskin)

BAFsystems-4.jpg

BAF Systems - RAF Hercules C5 (Reskin)

Introduction

The RAF has a total of 25 C-130J Hercules C4/C5 aircraft. The C5 is the same size as the C1, The C-130J has been modified and upgraded to include new Allison AE turboprop engines and Dowty Aerospace six-bladed composite propellers. The new engines and advanced propellers, coupled with a new digital engine-control system, give the C-130J increased take-off thrust and better fuel efficiency.

The C-130J is Used for operational missions involving parachute ops and air despatch.

There are two squadrons that operate the C130J C5;

XXIV Squadron & 30 Squadron. These are currently based at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire.

The Addon

This addon represents real life RAF C-130J C5's.

- It currently includes 3 versions (Woodland, Grey/Standard and Desert). We're planning on releasing a couple more including the famous 1980's camouflage variant.

- We're planning on releasing an Arma 3 version in the near future.

Credits

Textures: Bravo93

Base Texture: Python.au

Config: Gobbo

Model, Animations & Sound: BIS

Testing: Tom.Tucka

Apologies to Python.au for mistakenly using 2 of his RAAF C130 textures without the appropriate permission. I thought they belonged to BIS but then found out they'd be modified by him. Issue now resolved.

Preview Images:

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/ArmA2OA2013-11-2316-00-36-47.png (645 kB)

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/ArmA2OA2013-11-2315-59-04-46.png (623 kB)

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/babyhitman2/ArmA2OA2013-11-2315-26-09-67.png (611 kB)

Optional/Recommended addons - gob_AngelWings - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21983

Download's

Edited by Bravo93

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Bravo this is one really cool Addon :) i like the Flares too but on my screen they are not that bright.

Bravo this is one really cool Addon :) i like the Flares too but on my screen they are not that bright.

Not to sure of that problem, they seem fine on my screen

If you wanted you could contact gobbo and ask him about it

I suspect that it has something to do with the HDR, e.g. if Post-Processing is Disabled then maybe the flares aren't as contrasted as with it to Low or Normal

Everyone making addons like this should work together to release the complete British Armed Forces... I have tried to get all British mods together, but some seem to be incomplete/broken... :(

Everyone making addons like this should work together to release the complete British Armed Forces... I have tried to get all British mods together, but some seem to be incomplete/broken... :(

I think it's better if they're all released separately (or available in packs as well). Not a big fan of these big 2GB packs because if I only want to use a few units in my mission then me and my clients must download it all and that seems silly. Obviously it's much easier in packs if you want it all but that's not always the case :)

Is this getting transferred to ArmA III?

Yes I'm working on an Arma 3 version at the moment. Should be finish in the next week or so :)

Cool! Looking forward to it.

Are you going to be increasing the seating capacity, as the original stock C-130 barely held a BiS Chinook's worth of chaps?