Wiki

Bad French translation

Thanks

In the launcher, we can read "Les extentions sont à jour" (extensions or mods are up to date), we should read "Les extensions sont à jour".

In the launcher, we can read "Les extentions sont à jour" (extensions or mods are up to date), we should read "Les extensions sont à jour".

Hello, I have requested a fix for this. Also please note that if you use our Feedback Tracker to report issues like this, they will be handled faster and in more efficient way.

Hi falagor.

So, I've checked the translation I reported after the last update.

they're quite good, but there are still some mistakes.

Thanks anyway for the work you've already done.

So, here are the remaining errors:

-In Marksmen showcase

.In "situation", "balayer et nettoyer" is not really good, "nettoyer" is sufficient enough.

.Same thing with "Task", "balayer et nettoyer" is not really good, "nettoyer" is sufficient enough.

.In the first dialog, "Paré à engager" is good translation BUT there is a "t" at the end of the word "engager". Can you delete it please?
"engagert" ---> "engager"

.When we're being provided more informations, "défenses critiques" is not right. I suggest "leurs points de défense prioritaires."

.The last dialog : "Hydra entrant" should be replaced by "Hydra en approche".

-In "FFV" showcase

.After destroying the wreck "stand by for tasking" is translated as "en attente sur la mission" whereas it should be "en attente, mise à jour des objectifs"

.After being dropped, "boots on the ground" should be translated as "équipe au sol".

When this is fixed, all the translation will be good on these ones.

feedback trackers:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26816

thanks!

Hello. Thank you for the report, we will deal with it in the Feedback Tracker.

Hi there.

Are you still working on it? Cause it hasn't been fixed with the Eden update.

Update:

In the Bootcamp campaign, in mission Diplomatic Relations

Objective Board in the Hunter" has been translated as "Embarquez à bord du chasseur".

"Hunter" being a name, it shouldn't be translated.

So, the correct translation would be "Embarquez à bord du Hunter"

Can this be corrected?

Thanks

Update:

In the Bootcamp campaign, in mission Diplomatic Relations

Objective Board in the Hunter" has been translated as "Embarquez à bord du chasseur".

"Hunter" being a name, it shouldn't be translated.

So, the correct translation would be "Embarquez à bord du Hunter"

Can this be corrected?

Thanks

I have corrected this now. Thank you!

Hi there.

Are you still working on it? Cause it hasn't been fixed with the Eden update.

We have made some changes, but can you please check if all is there? Please report any remaining mistakes you find. Thank you!

Hi falagor.

Unfortunately, no change at all.

I still have the same issues - plus, the  "chasseur--->Hunter"  thing is not only in Diplomatic Relations, but in any mission in which the player has to board in a Hunter. :(

Just a question too:

do you have French people working with BIS, or is it someone who can speak French who makes the translation?
I'm just curious :)

Hi falagor.

Unfortunately, no change at all.

I still have the same issues - plus, the  "chasseur--->Hunter"  thing is not only in Diplomatic Relations, but in any mission in which the player has to board in a Hunter. :(

Just a question too:

do you have French people working with BIS, or is it someone who can speak French who makes the translation?

I'm just curious :)

Ok, we will focus on fixing this as the time allows us. Translations are made by external native French translators, but these are legacy texts which we are trying to improve. The general quality should be higher from the Nexus Update, where we adopted a different localization system, but there might be bugs and issue in the older texts. We are trying to fix these continuously.

@falagor

Also, one bothering thing:

a lot of names names in english have been translated whereas it shouldn't as they're names.

For example, blackfoot was translated as "pied noir" (which was corrected), but "Crossraods" (HQ) has been translated as "Carrefour" whereas it shouldn't.

Same goes for the vehicle "Hunter" translated as "chasseur", etc...

can you have a look at it too?

Thanks

Another thing:

in the first mission of survive, when the chopper arrives at Rogain, the pilote turns around and says "try not to fall off".

It has been trasnalted as "tant qu'on ne se crash pas" - which is totally a bad translation.

It must be:

"Essayez de ne pas tomber" or "Attention à ne pas tomber" instead.

Can you fix it too?

Thanks

@falagor

Also, one bothering thing:

a lot of names names in english have been translated whereas it shouldn't as they're names.

For example, blackfoot was translated as "pied noir" (which was corrected), but "Crossraods" (HQ) has been translated as "Carrefour" whereas it shouldn't.

Same goes for the vehicle "Hunter" translated as "chasseur", etc...

can you have a look at it too?

Thanks

I am aware of this, new translations are translated according to guidelines (weapon names and vehicles are not translated since Marksmen DLC), but old texts (before this decision) might contain these mistakes. We are trying to fix it retroactively, as we encounter it or have it reported.

Ok, I have fixed everything what I could find. It is very difficult with the scarce information. Please, after the next dev branch update, go through the issues and check if they are indeed fixed. However, from now on I will always need the following, otherwise I will not be able to pinpoint the exact text to fix:

1) Clearly state what is wrong

2) State where the issue is, how to locate it (reproduction steps)

3) Mention the wrong text (if any)

4) Mention the correct text or correct solution to the issue (what you suggest as the correct version)

5) Attach a screenshot clearly showing the bug (you can highlight it by coloured frame or underline it in red)

The most important being the point 5), clearly showing the text/error.

Thank you!

Hi falagor.

So, I've checked the translation I reported after the last update.

they're quite good, but there are still some mistakes.

Thanks anyway for the work you've already done.

So, here are the remaining errors:

-In Marksmen showcase

.In "situation", "balayer et nettoyer" is not really good, "nettoyer" is sufficient enough.

.Same thing with "Task", "balayer et nettoyer" is not really good, "nettoyer" is sufficient enough.

.After clearing the second FIA outpost, "j'entre avec Hydre" should be replaced by "Hydra en approche".

.The last dialog : "Hydre entrant" should be replaced by "Hydra en approche".

.Plus, in this mission, "Hydra" has been translated as "Hydre" - you could have let "Hydra" too.

-In "FFV" showcase

.After being dropped, "boots on the ground" should be translated as "équipe au sol". For now, it's "bottes au sol" which isn't right. "Equipe au sol" is the good one.

When this is fixed, all the translation will be good on these ones.

Feedback tracker:

Hi, rest assured we will check all of this when we have more time, now I have my hands full of work on Apex. I expect to deal with the community reports after we release Apex. :) Thank you!