Wiki

Bad French translation

Hi BI dev.

There are a few bad FrEnch translations:

-in editor, in formation settings, "file" has been translated as "fichier".

in fact, "file" can also be translated as "file" in French - it has the same meaning (formation "file" in English is also formation "file" in French).

-mission campaign "Blackfoot Down" has been literally translated as "La chute du pied noir" - which is bad (just like for the movie "BlackHawk Down").

the correct translation would be "Blackfoot à terre" or "Blackfoot abattu".

"Blackfoot" being a name, it shouldn't be translated and must be kept the same.

Can you correct it for the next update please?

Thanks.

Edited by Wiki

up.

It hasn't been fixed yet.

UP!

This hasn't been fixed yet.

Plus, with the new helicopter DLC, the option "open ramp" hasn't been translated either.

It still show "open / close ramp" instead of translated version "ouvrir / fermer rampe".

Can the guy who works on translation have a look at it please?

Thanks!

You can add the "tête de rotor" (for Rotorhead I guess ?) inside the title news displayed after launching the game with the new DLC.

That just doesn't make any sense ;)

Well, if it's just in the news title, it's not really that important.

However, what I reported is ingame errors, so it could be good if someone in BIS could care about it.

Can it be fixed for the next update??? Or should I assume they don 't care at all about it?

I think they might just run all this stuff through Google Translate or something, which might explain it.

Maybe, but now I've noted and told the errors I found - it can be corrected then, can't it?

-mission campaign "Blackfoot Down" has been literally translated as "La chute du pied noir" -

Pied Noir? Ha! What is the mission about, the downfall of the French imperialist/colonialist settlers in the Algerian war? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied-Noir :rolleyes:

That's why they need to keep "blackfoot" as it's the name of the chopper instead of translating it.

I wonder if someone in BIS did read this thread?

Hi, could you please use Feedback Tracker (feedback.arma3.com) and report these issues there? Feedback Tracker is directly designed for reporting of bugs/issues. Not all A3 devs read forums and I can assign issues reported there to the right person. Thank you for understanding :)

Will this be assigned to someone someday?

After all, it's not that long to do it and fix these annoying things...

Perhaps they don't like French?

Thank you guys for reporting these issues. This is a note for you that I noticed them and I shall conjure some fixes in the near future. I will let you know when the fix is inbound and I will track this thread in case more issues emerge. Thank you for your patience.

The fix for the names of the formation and the mission should appear in the next dev build. The missing translations shall be included in the next main branch build.

Ok thanks.

So, how did you rename the mission? I'm curious :)

Hi.

Still an issue with the Open / Close Ramp on the new helicopters:

still not translated.

Open : Ouvrir

Close : Fermer

Ramp : Rampe

Can it be done for the next update please?

Thanks.

UP.

Will this be fixed?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this issue and reminding us of it. I found out that open/close ramp actions had unfortunately slipped away from a package sent to translators. According to the information I have, this will be corrected in one of the future Main Branch updates before Marksmen DLC release. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for reporting this issue and reminding us of it. I found out that open/close ramp actions had unfortunately slipped away from a package sent to translators. According to the information I have, this will be corrected in one of the future Main Branch updates before Marksmen DLC release. I apologize for the inconvenience.

No problem, thanks for fixing it.

Hi there.

In the FFV showcase, there is another bad translation:

in the dialogs, soldiers are talking about "technicals" which are small armed vehicles (pickups) and it has been translated ad "technicien".

"Technicals" must be translated as "light armed vehicle" (in French: "véhicule armé" or "véhicule léger armé").

Can this be done for the next update?

Thanks