Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 112555 (1.63 build release, not backward compatible)

IcyDennies if were 'insert not nice hate text', there would be no patches, OA betas or even talk about next version and to keep MP alive after GS death ...

seems like hate remarks are trendy

They should've moved on alright, to A3.

AFAIK CWR will not move to ArmA 3, They just want to finish their MOD and don't leave it in an unfinished state which sounds pretty reasonable and understandable to me. Not releasing the last final patch for ArmA CO leaves a lot of uncertainty not only in the modding community but also in the player base. The last patch should've been released by now. The longer it takes the bigger the risk to remain with unfinished MODs.

@ BIS - - - - what are you guys waiting for? Did I miss something?

I have to admit I feel disappointed with BIS for leaving Arma 2 in limbo but I do not believe getting into a angry conversation is going to achieve anything.

What would be helpfull is a timetable for final release. So people who still play the excellent Arma 2 can all be on the same version.

Even though it was released 5 years ago it has stood the test of time well and has a huge array of units and mods, and in my opinion is currently a more complete product than Arma 3.

So BIS, please provide us with a timetable for final release.

It is too complicated to explain here, but a problem has arisen with the current beta patch and the near-final build of CWR2. This problem necessitates that we remove the beta patch and test/play with vanilla 1.62.

It's great to report that this problem has been resolved, so that this beta patch can be used with next release of CWR2! :)

Awesome news.

I can't wait for your next release.

Bring it on!

It's great to report that this problem has been resolved, so that this beta patch can be used with next release of CWR2! :)

Fantastic news!

Really looking forward to the final release

Is the respawn issue with all official BI warfare mp missions to be solved soon or on the radar? I think its been broken on all beta patches since 1.62?

I searched and only found this unanswered thread on the forum: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166647-Unable-to-respawn-in-Warfare

tried it with this 1.63.112555 beta... and it still an issue.

Since this beta was released 5 month ago, can we assume that developement has been stopped? How about to finalize this patch after 5 month?

Myke;2669166']Since this beta was released 5 month ago' date=' can we assume that developement has been stopped? How about to finalize this patch after 5 month?[/quote']

Well, they said that they will move Arma 2 OA to the steam platform due to gamespy closing very soon and to do that they would have to patch it to the game. Patch shouldn't take long if they don't want an ugly PR image due to the advertizements for people to purchase OA for the continued support.

Well, they said that they will move Arma 2 OA to the steam platform due to gamespy closing very soon and to do that they would have to patch it to the game. Patch shouldn't take long if they don't want an ugly PR image due to the advertizements for people to purchase OA for the continued support.

I hope that the new patch is not going to mess with my non Steam version. I would be really pissed and I hope that BIS will announce something on that matter soon.

I hope that the new patch is not going to mess with my non Steam version. I would be really pissed and I hope that BIS will announce something on that matter soon.

If that would be the case and I can't use my Sprocket A2/OA anymore without Steam then... well I guess that would be the end then of my 4 or 5 year relationship with BI. Permanently of course and for all future products.

That Gamespy is closing down didn't come over night, it's known since months - and I don't have to do much with gamespy. They had more than enough time to come up with a solution.

It's also unbelievable that Mods, created for free and in people's free time, must create workarounds for that half-finished Beta patch. Only to realize that if there ever will be a final patch, their work is broken again.

If that would be the case and I can't use my Sprocket A2/OA anymore without Steam then... well I guess that would be the end then of my 4 or 5 year relationship with BI. Permanently of course and for all future products.

That Gamespy is closing down didn't come over night, it's known since months - and I don't have to do much with gamespy. They had more than enough time to come up with a solution.

It's also unbelievable that Mods, created for free and in people's free time, must create workarounds for that half-finished Beta patch. Only to realize that if there ever will be a final patch, their work is broken again.

If you are into MP than a switch to steam will be unavoidable I guess. I would just like to know if there will be a final patch for us non steam users. It would be nice if we could get an official statement on that matter in question. I saw that the first 1.63 beta patch for the steam version has been released. That was quite quick.

It's the Mods that have to workaround the various builds and not the contrary. When the devs are releasing a final build it's up to the Mods to correct their own work . . . that's how it works and it's logical as well if you think it over.

cheers

I installed the latest beta patch and I'm still getting the flickering shadow bug. When I pan around or move forward and backward, shadows flicker on and off. I've noticed this problem since Arma 2 1.11. The problem is exactly the same as the video I found in this link below. The only fix is to completely turn off shadows, which obviously makes the graphics look worse, so it's not an ideal solution.

Shadows flicker.

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/15583