Sign in to follow this  
kdk11

WIP CTRG camo

Upcoming ARMA 3 addon by KDK-Tankbuster-Champy_UK.

After seeing the CTRG GhostHawk in the Alpha version of Arma for a short period of time, I have been working with Tankbuster and Champy_UK from the |GITS| clan to create from scratch our own version of the CTRG camo for vehicles in Arma 3. There is some things that need changing and a few vehicles still need texturing. Below are some photos of what we have achieved so far. As always feel free to comment below, Constructive criticism is always welcome :).

5lA76.jpg

5lA8F.jpg

5lAdh.jpg

5lAxm.jpg

I love that camo pattern. I miss the ghost hawk with it. What faction are you creating them under? (Blufor >> NATO), (Blufor >> CTRG) or something else?

Keep up the great work guys, look forward to its release :D

It is a lovely camo, isn't it? I clearly remember liking the Ghosthawk in that, even though we only had it for a few days in Alpha. :)

The original plan was we bring some of the nice Indi stuff into blufor, which is why he made us the Mohawk and later the BUzzard, known internally as the Bluhawk and Bluzzard. :)

We then noted that the Brit CTRG is quite nice on the few soldier units we have and we wondered how it would look on vehicles. The texture, by the way is custom made.

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

We've been discussing classnames. I wonder if we should simply overwrite the BI config with ours to make it a straightforward drop in without any classname changes or make brand new classes.

]We've been discussing classnames. I wonder if we should simply overwrite the BI config with ours to make it a straightforward drop in without any classname changes or make brand new classes.

Personally i think it would be better to have both types. One config as a separate addon which mission makers and can use and a replacement config.

I love that camo pattern. I miss the ghost hawk with it. What faction are you creating them under? (Blufor >> NATO), (Blufor >> CTRG) or something else?

Keep up the great work guys, look forward to its release :D

Not quite sure what we are going to do with it mate. Will get talking about that once we have a texture that we are 100% happy with and have it applied to all vehicles we wish to have in the fleet.

Noted Roadki11 once again this is something we will look at once we feel the project is ready or atleast nearly ready to be released.

Wooow! What an awesome piece of work! You surprise me Kdk! Good job!

Thank you sir. We are making some changes to this as it has not came out the way we really want it too. One question I would like to ask the community is regarding the blackish colours on the vehicles. Do we keep what we have our do we try and make it look more like one colour then the current "used" like texture you see on the images above?.

this camo actually looks pretty good on the vehicles, Well done!

Edited by Tacti-Cool
typo

Looks superb, I'm seriously considering switching from our current UK uniforms to using the vanilla CTRG camo combined with this mod for vehicles.

I've not spoken to KDK for a day or two, but the last I heard he'd remade the texture from scratch to remove a stretching/compression/something-or-other artifact on the camo.

Awesome :-) please consider adding soldiers later on as well. Would be simply perfect to have all CTRG units bundled in one faction (mod)

Sorry guys I have been busy with real life and enjoying a few days of just playing Arma rather then texturing etc. I today have been applying the new camo to the airfleet and there will be screenshots up soon. Like Tankbuster said we had to remake the texture as the first one we had was showing pink/blue/green textures inside of the blackish colour and we were not happy with that. Hopefully you will all like the new camo that we created. Stay posted for an update.

Are they out now?

Not yet, but they are supposed to be "imminently" released on the devbranch.

Another thing in the pipelines for imminent staging on devbranch: three more vehicles and a sniper scope! These will be part of the next game update. Find some more details below.

It's possible that in the future I could update the release with new vehicles

Given that two of the vehicles that have just appeared in the dev build have their roots in British vehicles, I think that'd be good.

So the new texture has been applied to the vehicles, Except the Warrior this far. The image is still subject to change once we(me,Champy_UK and Tankbuster) have had time to speak on TS about them. So expect changes again from what you see below. One I dont like at the moment is the Lynx.

223E605135BBA71E50E94DED8AD7088A4803171F

Edited by KDK11

I'm not too sure if it's just the image, but the new camo seems to be more two-tone browns as opposed to the previous grey/dark brown and green.

In all honesty I prefer the more greenish textures - just seem to have more of a British feel to them.

Perhaps I need to see them in-game for myself to make up my mind :)

Believe it or not, those colours are exactly the same as the CTRG that the Brits wear in the game.

Thats just my rubbish gfx card. I will ask Champy_UK or Tankbuster to do them in future so they can be seen properly.

Believe it or not, those colours are exactly the same as the CTRG that the Brits wear in the game.

Really? Odd. I haven't played much of the campaign yet so I've only seen the CTRG camo once. I suppose if it's consistent with Arma 3's vanilla Brit camo then it makes sense - I've just always had a weakness for the Brit-green colours (like the L85).

Release coming soon. :)

Was due to be today, but there's a FUBAR with the Buzzard that makes it spawn empty of ammo and flares, so that's going back into the config workshop.

These are in a new faction, called British on the West side. There are new classnames so they don't overwrite the BIS stuff.

In release version 1, there should be;

Buzzard AA

Buzzard CAS

Mohawk

Blackfoot

Ghosthawk

Hummingbird

Pawnee

Hunter GMG

Hunter HMG

Quadbike

HEMTT Transport

HEMTT Transport (Covered)

HEMTT

HEMTT (Box)

HEMTT Repair

HEMTT Ammo

HEMTT Fuel

HEMTT Medical

Slammer

Scorcher

Sandstorm

Marshall

Gorgon

Bobcat

Panther

Cheetah

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

5UgeE.jpg

5Ufbq.jpg

5Uf9C.jpg

5Uf5W.jpg

5Uf2B.jpg

5Uf1n.jpg

5UhZQ.jpg

Edited by Tankbuster

Hopefully get some sort of release later on today (sunday). Have fixed the Buzzards problem now just need some small testing to be done and then it should be good to go.