Sign in to follow this  
tom3kb

[SP][UNSUNG] Vietnam War SP Mission Pack

SP Mission Pack: Vietnam War SP Misson Pack v1.0

Authors: Kommiekat and tom3kb

Together with Kommiekat we made this SP Mission Pack for The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.5

ea986f699a1b9b5fm.jpg

For playing you need:

ArmA2 Combined Operations v1.62

[ Arma 2 v1.11 and Operation Arrowhead v1.62 ]

Mods/addons needed:

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.5

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12267

Ships, Naval Mines, and Naval Objects v2.2 by hcpookie (needed for one mission)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16181

Community Base Addons (@CBA)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Importent:

You have to use CBA for Arma 2 Combined Operations.

If you use newest version of CBA you need only @cba_co (and beta patch for Arma 2 OA).

If you use older version remember to use @cba, @cba_oa and @cba_a2.

For those who do not want to use the beta patch and @cba_co I added to archive CBA v1.0.0 the last version that use 3 folders (@cba, @cba_oa, @cba_a2).

Installation:

Put folder "Vietnam War SP Mission Pack" in your Missions folder.

For example:

d:\Arma 2\Missions\Vietnam War SP Mission Pack

Changelog:

v1.0 - first release

-6 SP missions,

Features:

-Mission Pack with 6 single player missions,

-briefing, overview with picture and short info for each missions,

-loadingscreens,

-We play as: US/NVA soldiers,

-bis modules: first aid,

-custom music in few missions,

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

Download:

v1.0

Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23518

Arma2base

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=6116

Other downloads:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nred4e

Edited by tom3kb

Thanks tom3kb for packing this together.

Just to let players know, I made 3 "bad guy" missions. Yeah, I like teh bad-guys!

My feedback for AA Charlie

Good mission, I think I have never played as AA gunner before. However, is the missing target crosshair view part of the Unsung mod? I found the AA less effective than using the Strela missiles, so great work for providing this opportunity.

I have a surprise for you Mathias...............nettrucker and I have a 9 mission UNSUNG campaign coming out and nettrucker has an mission he made using AA features.

As soon as 2.6 is released, we'll be pumping that bad boy out.

@tom3kb

That reminds me tom, we have to do classname changes for units as soon as 2.6 comes out....will need your help on that...............

Hmmm... i hope we will not have to change anything. ;) (red text)

ok a note on the new classnames system:

Being a mission builder myself I'm not a fan of deleting classnames unless there is a compelling reason to do so. Colum has kept a close eye on us as we've remapped inheritances and vehicleclasses especially - much duplication has been removed and the whole mod simplified.

we have significantly revamped the following classes:

-vehiclename

- weapons

- mags

- ammo

- effects

for personal weapons, aircraft, helicopters, tracked, wheeled, ship and static weapon vehicles

additionally the playable/AI soldier units classnames have been completely overhauled to make mission makers lives much easier - they now follow the standard BIS nomenclature

the air bombs, missiles, racks and pods follow mykes proxy system and can be positioned freely across all aircraft - as a result a whole set of new classnames were created for these

many new aircraft variants have been produced with specific roles - these all have new classnames following a standard nomenclature developed by Eddie at PRACS and myke originally

HOWEVER,

all of the old stuff has been left intact and much will be set to scope 1 to keep things easy to use. We have deleted almost no classnames (may have made one or two errors but unlikely)

The upshot is that your old mission will run without any changes or with a few minor ones that can be done along the lines pook suggested.

BUT there are many new features in the new kit that will mean you are very likely to want to open and edit your old missions to bring in the new features/equipment.

We hope that you can fix any small problems arising at that time.

Edited by tom3kb

easiest thing to do in advance: spend a day editing your missions so your classnames for say a plane or enemy soldier are spawned from an array instead of directly,

e.g.

instead of

_unit = _guard createUnit ["uns_men_vc_regional_MED", _pos, [], 30, "NONE"];

use

init.sqf

EGG_EVO_east1 = ["uns_men_vc_regional_MED","uns_men_vc_regional_COM","uns_men_vc_regional_off","uns_men_vc_regional_nco","uns_men_vc_regional_RF1","uns_men_vc_regional_RF2","uns_men_vc_regional_RF3","uns_men_vc_regional_RF4","uns_men_vc_regional_RF5","uns_men_vc_regional_AS1","uns_men_vc_regional_AS2","uns_men_vc_regional_AS3","uns_men_vc_regional_AS4","uns_men_vc_regional_MRK","uns_men_vc_regional_LMG","uns_men_vc_regional_HMG","uns_men_vc_regional_RTO","uns_men_vc_regional_SAP","uns_men_vc_regional_TRI","uns_men_vc_regional_MGS","uns_men_vc_regional_MTS","uns_men_vc_regional_AT","uns_men_vc_regional_Roff","uns_men_vc_regional_Rmed","uns_men_vc_regional_Ra1","uns_men_vc_regional_Ra2","uns_men_vc_regional_Rmrk","uns_men_vc_regional_Rmg"];

then in mission scripts i use

_guard = createGroup (east);
_allunits = EGG_EVO_east1;
_max = count _allunits -1;
_unit = _guard createUnit [(_allunits select round random _max), _pos, [], 30, "NONE"];

same for say planes

init has array

EGG_EVO_mevairb = ["uns_mig17_CAP","uns_mig17_CAS","uns_mig17_MR","uns_mig17_BMB","uns_mig17_LGB","uns_MIG19S","uns_MIG19S_CAS","uns_MIG19S_MR","uns_MIG19PM","uns_MIG19PM_HCAS"];

EGG_EVO_mevairc = ["uns_mig21_CAP","uns_mig21_CAS","uns_mig21_MR","uns_mig21_BMB","uns_mig21_LGB","uns_Mig21_SEAD","uns_Mig21_CBU","uns_Mig21_HBMB","uns_Mig21_AGM"];

EGG_EVO_mepilot = ["uns_nvaf_pilot2","uns_nvaf_pilot3","uns_nvaf_pilot4","uns_nvaf_pilot5","uns_nvaf_pilot1"];

then mission scripts have this kind of thing

_pilot = createGroup (east);
_allunits = EGG_EVO_mepilot;
_maxu = (count _allunits)-1;
(_allunits select round random _maxu) createUnit [_pos, _pilot];

_allvecs = EGG_EVO_mevairc;
_max = (count _allvecs)-1;
_heli = createVehicle [_allvecs select (round random _max), _kpos, [], 50, "FLY"];

this kind of scripting future-proofs your missions - you just then edit the array of units in the init.

you can borrow all my arrays too from the 6 evolutions we'll be releasing with the mod

if you made it in the editor, it should port over with only a few changes, but you wont be able to click on the scope 1 units without them defaulting to a scope 2 item

we can answer specific qns too as they arise.

Hey KK and nettrucker, I am anxiously waiting for your UNSUNG campaign.

Also, I just tested No Mercy and found it very enjoyable featuring rather easy difficulty. Too bad that there are no cinematics, they would add a lot to the mission.

This one is my mission ;) I also think that there should be cutscenes in each mission but for me

its take to much time to make them. :D

This one is my mission ;) I also think that there should be cutscenes in each mission but for me

its take to much time to make them. :D

THAT'S IT, Tom3b!!

Now your bragging!

You get to change the classnames for ALL the missions when 2.6 comes out!

Recon Charlie

This mission has several issues:

- The briefing does not show up before mission start

- After a short walk, the squad just stops by the river and never moves on, so I cannot complete the mission.

Also, could you provide a list of named missions that form up this pack? The readme does not provide one and I do not want to mix em up with several other unsung missions I have in my missions folder.

If you put whole mission pack in your missions fokder you will not mix anything.

I will write missions names later or you can check them in archive after downloading., if you dont remember them.

tom3kb and I will get an update out just as soon as 2.6 is released.

There is not much we can do now until the release, otherwise, we will be wasting valuable time doing it now for the old version.

I promise we'll get it done asap after the release.

We'll also get the names of the missions into the ReadMe. That's a very good idea.

Cheers!

This is a a nice mission pack dude! Good work on it, something nice to play if you have nothing to do.

Also, could you provide a list of named missions that form up this pack?

Here you go :)

Missions:

AA Charlie -> folder name: AA_Charlie.csj_lowlands

Patrol Boat Charlie -> folder name: AA_Charlie.csj_lowlands

Reacon Charlie -> folder name: Recon_Charlie.uns_ptv

River raid -> folder name: tom3kbunsungsp1.MBG_nam

S&R -> folder name: tom3kbunsungsp2.uns_idv

No mercy -> folder name: tom3kbunsungsp3.MBG_nam

Recon Charlie

This mission has several issues:

- The briefing does not show up before mission start

- After a short walk, the squad just stops by the river and never moves on, so I cannot complete the mission.

Also, could you provide a list of named missions that form up this pack? The readme does not provide one and I do not want to mix em up with several other unsung missions I have in my missions folder.

tom3kb, can you please verify this problem for me?

I tried it out and seems ok with me.

If you have same problem as Mathias, I've got to go back and figure out what the heck is going on.

Should only take you about 30 mins or less for this problem to occur again.

Thx!

ok guys I just downloaded the pack and went through all your pbos

there was one item (an ammobox) that we had deleted so I replaced that to the configs for 2.6

apart from that you're good to go,

I would say for 2.6 that you might think about this:

you have a pook Gue boat in there - this can probably be replaced with a 2.6 boat (also by pook, both NVA and US boats)

your units will all be the old ones, many with old weapons, scope 1 in 2.6 - you might want to do a search and replace in your mission.sqm in notepad++ for each unit type you used. this will take about 2 to 6 hours of effort, using the excel spreadsheet I made as a source doc, and opening all your mission.sqms together in NP++. depends on how quick you can ctrl c (copy new classname) alt tab to mission, highlight unit name to change, ctrl H (replace) and ctrl v (paste new name) and press Enter. for some of your missions this could take an hour as you have used a lot of different units.

you have used the A7 and AH1G and M113s - these have all been made scope 1 also and replaced with nicer, better kit. again a simple like-for-like search and replace will fix this up (in about 10 minutes).

NOTE: it should not be necessary to change anything but if you want to edit a specific unit in the mission editor, you would need to replace it with the new scope 2 version, so it may be better to do the replacing as above.

at least you dont have loads of scripts to change! my evo has maybe 120 scripts in it which is why i use unit arrays in the init.

looks good!

EB

Edited by eggbeast

tom3kb, can you please verify this problem for me?

I dont have Unsung on this PC (and dont have space on HDD to install new mods right now), i cant check this not faster than this weekend. Sorry. :(

ok guys I just downloaded the pack and went through all your pbos

Thank you Eggbeast for your kindness! We'll get on it asap. Much appreciated!

I dont have Unsung on this PC (and dont have space on HDD to install new mods right now), i cant check this not faster than this weekend. Sorry. :(

Not to worry, it'll get done sooner or later.

Unfortunately, here is another one that has escaped the quality check: Patrol Boat Charlie

I can get to the first village - called An Loc where I fight down a small squad of enemies, yet the objective is not ticked off. Looks like that there is a lone enemy hiding in the bush who cannot be found. Also, since the coastline is populated by fishing huts, it is hard to tell where An Loc actually ends, and so I ended my search at the makeshift bridge, halfway to the next village. While you are at the task adjusting enemy numbers for the objective to tick off, please add an area marker for all the villages to be searched.

trying to find the last guy in the jungle can be tough in unsung mod.

not sure if these missions have you in command, but if they do... here's what we do in evo to find lone guerrillas...

have you tried using F2, 2 (target that), then see what's on the list and in what direction he is.

failing that spread everyone into line formation and have them walk through on patrol, until someone stands on him.

you will know if someone is spotted because you'll see the compass pop up on the bottom left of the screen.

Recon Charlie Patrol Boat Charlie

Actually the quality check was done properly.

Recon mission you only need to follow the other recon squad to the objective (downed Helo).

They will stop and go no further.

By the time you get to the downed helo with your squad, you should have a little surprise waiting there and also another on it's way as I timed it almost perfectly.

Condition is Blufor not present

{alive _x} count this list < =2

Which means you don't have to kill all of them.

Patrol mission has three villages that have to be cleared.

First and third villages are axis A and B at 100

with the second village at axis A and B 200

Condition is Blufor not present

{alive _x} count this list < =1

Which means you don't have to kill all of them.

If he runs out of the trigger area, then it's a SUCCESS

I've tested and works fine.

I think the last guy is hiding as Eggbeast suggested.

As I said, I'll get back to these as soon as new version of 2.6 is out, replace all units and re-test again.

As Eggbeast said, each mission will most likely take an hour to re-do.

Please be patient.

Sorry to say that, but both missions did cause the above mentioned problems for me, else I would not have written them down. Do you use allowfleeing 0 on the soldiers?

in evo we sometimes spend several hours patrolling looking for hiding VC