Sign in to follow this  
dimitri_harkov

Guerra do Ultramar

Hello,

great that you like it :)

I am not sure if I will port it. The models I used are ageing quickly and I would have to redo most for them not to look out of place in A3.

Also, I would have to get fresh permissions for a lot of the stuff used.

But I will definitly port the island to ArmA 3.

Cheers,

Dimitri

Fantástic, great news! Porting the island to A3 is great to have a totally diferent cenario, but if you could port the weapons, thouse models don't age. ;)

Edited by Nuno Basto

Wow i would also love to see this in Arma 3. And i would certainly would be able to help this mod in the future with scripts and missions.I'm short of time right now but some months from now i can do some stuff for this mod!

Great work!

Anyone else lost the voice sounds when using the 'Greetings' 'targets' ' weather' dialogue with any units?

How do you mean, 'lost the voice sounds'? The ambient ones from GDU?

Also, isn't that 'Greetings/'targets'/weather' dialogue feature broken since the release of Operation Arrowhead anyway?

Cheers,

D.

Hi, I've got roughly 9 missions completed for a Campaign, but I need Beta-testing.

Anybody interested in beta-testing and helping out with necessary corrections, suggestions and applications if necessary?

This is RWO release campaign. As I said, most of the hard work is done. Need to iron out bugs, need suggestions and someone willing to help to correct them.

Please PM me.

How do you mean, 'lost the voice sounds'? The ambient ones from GDU?

Also, isn't that 'Greetings/'targets'/weather' dialogue feature broken since the release of Operation Arrowhead anyway?

Cheers,

D.

Hi DH,

I mean the generic chat that occurs when characters interact. It works on most arrowhead units, but running your mod it disables all voice sounds associated with the chat, its a minor thing thou mate and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about it.

Great stuff, really enjoy the map and units. My only complaint is that when I bring a Helicopter down, the particle effect of the rotorwash makes the FPS chug. This isn't the first time I've experienced this, but I'd actually like to fix this since this is really well made. Any advice?

EDIT: Found the issue, my end. It was Blastcore causing the slowdown.

Edited by LukinFanBoy
Found the reason

Thank you :) - and good to know about that blastcore issue!

I might also point you guys to the recently released excellent SP-Campaign 'Operation Trident' for Guerra do Ultramar by Kommikat.

Have a look HERE.

Cheers,

D.

Between all the islands, which one do u believe is better for a gdu missions? Duala, dingor, sierra leon or fsf jungle? Tnx

Is Sierra Leone even released?

Man I was waiting for that map so badly..

Oh nice. Is it on pws?

Also I remember some brutal times with this mod, I am part PT it's cool to see them represented in arma

Some Vietnam-themed maps fit as well, especially if you want to 'simulate' Guiné or Cabinda.

MBG Nam for example is a classic.

Hello ColtonMJack,

I guess there is something wrong with your download then.

Under side 'Resistance', Faction '[DA2] Portugal' there should be 8 class groups of units including regulars and comandos.

Maybe try downloading it again and also make sure you only use it standalone (+CBA) or with supported mods (ACRE, JSRS, ASR_AI).

Cheers,

D.

Hello ColtonMJack,

I guess there is something wrong with your download then.

Under side 'Resistance', Faction '[DA2] Portugal' there should be 8 class groups of units including regulars and comandos.

Maybe try downloading it again and also make sure you only use it standalone (+CBA) or with supported mods (ACRE, JSRS, ASR_AI).

Cheers,

D.

Oh thank you i hadn't searched in independent.

I use Steam and this mod keeps crashing the game whenever I try to load maps or units. I get error warnings such as "files are missing", "files are bad", or "no files were found" frequently.

Advice?

I do not have A2 on Steam myself, but this sounds like the mod has not been installed and/or downloaded correctly.

The 'files are bad' message especially sounds like a corrupted download.

I might have to add that I never tried A2 version 1.63, so I can not say if the mod will work properly on 1.63 at all (but your problems definitly run deeper than just having a possibly incompatible version of A2).

Good luck

&

cheers.

D.

Awesome work Dimitri!

I'm doing a mission set during the Portuguese Colonial War, and i'm wondering if you're going to port some of the assets to Arma 3? Especially the vehicles and the african factions (unita, paigc).

Yes, I will (and currently am) creating a new part of the series for ArmA3. It will not be centered on the PCW anymore, but it wouldn't be much trouble to include the old african factions as well at some point.

As for vehicles: I will eventually port the cars, trucks and the ferret.

Maybe also the G.91. But much to my regret, I can not port the Alouette III.

I guess we will have to hope for a generous PetraCephas (from ARMSCor) to allow use to use her upcoming Alouette for ArmA III.

Cheers,

Dimitri

Great news, i'll be sure to follow this thread then. As of now i'm using a lot of placeholders (Agressors African pirates, hafm land rovers, mi-8 as a close approximation to the puma 330).