Sign in to follow this  
kdk11

Wip blu_buzzard

After being requested to do so, I have started to retexture the Buzzard or "jet" as I like to call it, so That it is in the same colours as the other blufor vehicles. Below I have put some pictures so that Tankbuster and his crew can tell me what they want changed, added etc. If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to comment below. I have noticed some parts that need changing ie the back right flap. Also those 'things' on the end of each wing. Sorry I dont know what you call them. Some details around the arrows but that is all I have noticed so far. Also sorry about the images as I have taking them using my laptop.

107410_screenshots_2013-11-13_00004_zps4c1d28a9.jpg

107410_screenshots_2013-11-13_00001_zps0210e9b0.jpg

107410_screenshots_2013-11-13_00002_zps949eabcb.jpg

107410_screenshots_2013-11-13_00003_zpsb7797332.jpg

No Offense, but No. That is not the right color for a Fixed Wing aircraft. I know it's work in progress, but here is a tip, "Low Visibility Grey", and Grey Camo Scheme's, are usually more used by NATO. That color is more for Rotary Aircraft.

Example's -

US

boeing-f-15-strike-eagle.jpg

CANADA

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/rh/images/galleries/articles/160-259/6053/gallery_12091/photos_1223364570.jpg

Than again, since your going by the BLUFOR setting, take a look at the in game Blufor Scheme.

Examples 2 -

2791245_20130711102103.jpg

9655393884.jpg

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Nice job.. This is a futuristic setting i think artistic license can and will come into play :) Good Job

This was a request and therefor since I had time inbetween work I have decided to give these guys what they want. I have seen some jets in these colours before. The Harrior being one of them. What I can see from this jet is it needs some symbols and once I find out there clan name/badge and nationality I will probably be implementing that onto the jet. However your constructive criticism is welcome.

Perhaps give the users the ability to put their own symbol/badge with hiddentextures?

Ill have to agree with whats been said, the plain green looks a bit awkward.

How about another version based on the colors of the Camo Ghosthawk?

The camo ghosthawk? Is that just the alternative to the black one?

This was a request and therefor since I had time inbetween work I have decided to give these guys what they want. I have seen some jets in these colours before. The Harrior being one of them. What I can see from this jet is it needs some symbols and once I find out there clan name/badge and nationality I will probably be implementing that onto the jet. However your constructive criticism is welcome.

to be honest, that is a Czech Jet so make it Czech, its the legitimate answer.

to be honest, that is a Czech Jet so make it Czech, its the legitimate answer.

There is no correct answer... Like stated this is a request...

---------- Post added at 04:38 ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 ----------

107410_screenshots_2013-11-14_00002_zps2d11cd63.jpg

107410_screenshots_2013-11-14_00001_zpsfab420b6.jpg

Changed to the same texture as the alternative GhostHawk. How do we feel about this? Personally I like it alot more then the first one. New skin is the left jet old being right side.

If you want, why not add some Canadian design to it by adding a fake painted on canopy on the bottom to confuse enemies.

Though why not make realistic and unrealistic textures for it? With multiple texture, everybody wins!

If you want, why not add some Canadian design to it by adding a fake painted on canopy on the bottom to confuse enemies.

Though why not make realistic and unrealistic textures for it? With multiple texture, everybody wins!

What do you mean by a fake painted on canopy mate?

The camo ghosthawk? Is that just the alternative to the black one?

Hmm.. it seems to have disappeared after the games full release. Below video shows the camo Im referring to, looks like the British CTRG's.

Anyways that green does indeed look better. Maybe more camos = more happy people so Id support ProGamer's notion about making multiple textures.

Check this out

Arma3_screenshot_1202_6.jpg

source: http://blog.realitygamer.org/arma-3-developments-march-2012/

Edited by Modder

Turns out that grey jet you just showed is apparently an OPFOR urban camo jet. ;)

I only ever do textures when requested to do so. So if anyone would like a certain camo on this jet then please feel free to comment. Also if possible maybe a picture of the camo they have in mind :)

Turns out that grey jet you just showed is apparently an OPFOR urban camo jet. ;)

Everyone else knew that.

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

There is no correct answer... Like stated this is a request..

I mentioned this to KDK after we started to use his excellent blu Mohawk. If I'm honest, it was more of a suggestion than a request, but because he's a nice fella, he sprung into action and this was done less than 24 hours after it was first discussed. I think that's a pretty fine effort.

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Hmm.. it seems to have disappeared after the games full release. Below video shows the camo Im referring to, looks like the British CTRG's.

Anyways that green does indeed look better. Maybe more camos = more happy people so Id support ProGamer's notion about making multiple textures.

For clarity, I'm intentionally quoting the (though the forum removed it) YT. Given that many of our chaps use the Brit CTRG, I think the above camo on a fixed wing would be good, though as other have said, it's not uncommon to find Brit fixed wing stuff in a plain colour scheme.

I only ever do textures when requested to do so. So if anyone would like a certain camo on this jet then please feel free to comment. Also if possible maybe a picture of the camo they have in mind :)

In that case, Ill put in a request for the following camos:

1. your new plain green one with hiddentextures choice available for users to put badges/symbols.

2. DarkSideSixOfficial's example 2 on his first post (camo boat).

3. CTRG similar camo as on the video I posted above.

4. Generic tactical grey with Canada's signature false canopy on the undercarriage as with ProGamer's suggestion.

CF-18_Hornet_%285538991744%29.jpg

:)

Does that mean the camo will be on OPFOR's upcoming jet?

<a  href=107410_screenshots_2013-11-14_00003_zps7

107410_screenshots_2013-11-14_00004_zps4e895957.jpg

Few small changes this far. All requests will be done if you PM me them and give me sometime. I am between work, building a new PC and also trying to live some sort of life outside of the internet :P

Looks awesome, in fact I was waiting for some retexture for the Buzzard ( I'm sorry for BI but I don't like the vanilla texture ).

Looks awesome, in fact I was waiting for some retexture for the Buzzard ( I'm sorry for BI but I don't like the vanilla texture ).

I think your right on this. Not only some things were left rough, but the paint scheme was un official. What do i mean? Well, most paints on aircraft will include either the flag or AF symbol in color, or low visibility grey, the same as with the rest of the plane.

CF-18CloseFormation.jpg

As you can see here on the lower fuselage just above the fake canopy, and on the wing, as well as the flag on the tail. BIS didn't do it with Greenfor's Buzzard. I'm wondering if they will come to the same conclusion with the Opfor Multirole.