Sign in to follow this  
alduric

A3C: Name Tag Mod

New version of A3C: Name Tag Mod!

//ADDED SERVER KEYS

How it works?

- Mod shows in the lower right corner of the screen your own rank setup by MissioMaker.

- Mod shows Rank of your target ( Max 5 meters )

- Mod shows Nick of your target ( Max 5 meters )

Authors:

- Szwedzik

- Alduric

CBA IS REQUIRED

Download v1.1: Click to Download!

How it looks?

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9353/u0az.jpg (421 kB)

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3370/sv68.jpg

Edited by Alduric

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Alduric) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Hm, it is not working for me. Do you need Dev Build for this addon?

Its not working on AI and Dev Build. Its working only for Players - Great for CooP Community

Ah okay. Can you post a screenshot of "Mod shows in the lower right corner of the screen your own rank setup"?

Very nice, it would be possible to show rank in Arma 3 supported language?

And I also think that to see my own rank whole time in the right corner seems to be little annoying.

Anyway keep up in good work!

We will update nametag after releasing @A3MP, we will add support for ressurecting, and mby support for langs ( we need translators :P )and rank in right corner will stay (sorry but i like it :D) ah and we forgot to add keys...so we will add them also.

This is great, my community's been using it for a while now!

Is there a way, though, for the mod to recognize rank updates during a game? I changed my rank with the setRank command, but it wouldn't update on A3C.

Hey Alduric,

It seems I have to recall the init for the mod to draw name tags again if player dies so that he/she will get the name tags once they respawn.

Been using this in my mission init.sqf:

A3C_NameTag_MP_Respawn_Init = player addMPEventHandler ["MPRespawn", {[] execVM '\A3C_Nametag\init.sqf'}];

This is great, my community's been using it for a while now!

Is there a way, though, for the mod to recognize rank updates during a game? I changed my rank with the setRank command, but it wouldn't update on A3C.

Well, I wasn't clear on what I wanted to do, but that turns out to be quite simple.

My community has their ranks in front of their names, i.e., "Lt.rakowozz". So, I'm running this on each unit's init:

nul = [this] execVM "ranks.sqf";

/* ranks.sqf */

_unit = _this select 0;

_name = toArray Name _unit;
_name resize 3;

if (toString _name == "Rec") then { _unit setRank "PRIVATE"; };
if (toString _name == "Pvt") then { _unit setRank "PRIVATE"; };
if (toString _name == "Cpl") then { _unit setRank "CORPORAL"; };
if (toString _name == "Sgt") then { _unit setRank "SERGEANT"; };
if (toString _name == "Lt.") then { _unit setRank "LIEUTENANT"; };
if (toString _name == "Maj") then { _unit setRank "MAJOR"; };
if (toString _name == "Col") then { _unit setRank "COLONEL"; };

if (_unit) then { nul = [] execVM scripts "\A3C_Nametag\init.sqf"; };

sleep;

That should detect everyone's rank and update it with A3C Nametag.

Edited by rakowozz

Server keys was added, we will add fixes in few days ( Working after respawn etc ).

Hey Alduric, is there any way for you to take the ranks out and make a different version of this mod? Most ArmA units have custom assigned ranks and seeing something like "Capt Sgt Alduric" with Captain's bars popping up on someone that is a Sgt in his unit.

I run BECTI on my server. Can someone show me how I could implemented ranks to players based on the score they get ingame?

Does anyone have a working link for this? I'd like to use it on SpanishSurfers BECTI server but cannot find a working link. Thanks!

I love your sarcasm Fox, such an inspiration. Anyways I guess I'll have to find another way around it. I used that Armaholic link previously, and that particular version didn't allow me into Spanish's server. I assumed that the Armaholic link was for another version as the file I downloaded from AH wasn't signed by Spanish's CTI server. I guess I'll be asking the players there later if they're using a different version and/or if it isn't working in that server currently.

All the links to the version of this mod with the .bisigns and server keys are dead. I just got back from reformatting my computer (paranoia from Heartbleed--changed passwords and reformatted since I work from my desktop as well). Any assistance would be appreciated.

PS. the link from Foxhound has the mod, but no signatures or keys.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Alduric) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Thx. Would be cool to see also all the guys with rank that are in the same vehicle. Just to be sure all and how is on board ;)