Sign in to follow this  
Hoffinator

[SP]Day 254

zzj8.jpg

Assume control of Larry Johnson in his 254th day on Altis, who's mission for today is to do recon on a nearby town with his team before discovering something shocking leading into episode two of the story driven 'Day~' campaign. I guess this could be described as a 'teaser', however, it is an actual story segment.

Features:

-Only about 10 minutes long, give or take

-Dialogue (not voice acted)

-The first entry in a story driven series

-There is combat. Just in case you are wondering xD

Bugs:

-Team Leader Burr is a terrible driver. The wheels shouldn't pop or anything, so don't freak out if he hits a house.

-I don't have checkpoints implemented, save or face the consequences!

-No voice acting (BIKB is way too much work for a novice like me, maybe I'll redoux this mission and add voices later.)

-Couldn't get an intro working so it'll just start. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Requirements:

Nothing. It's vanilla.

[sP]Day 254 - Armaholic

Download from Steam

Credits:

BIS for the game, and the photo. (It fit the mission pretty well so I figured I would use it. If it's a problem, I can take it off.)

Random people on the forums that I used for scripting help

Disclaimer:

This can't and will not mess up your game. If it does for whatever reason then let me know.

(EPISODE 2 IS CURRENTLY IN THE WORKS)

Edited by Hoffinator
armaholic

I was wondering if there is a bug in it, because after radioing for the sapper, he says "let's secure the area until the cavalry is here", but then we get a waypoint "hold" in 2+ km distance, shouldn't that "hold" waypoint be exactly there where we are at that time? And then maybe retreat AFTER making contact and assessing that the enemy is too strong. So, obeying unit cohesion, I only heard some gunfire behind us when we were already about a km away. Is that intended or not? I noticed that number 3 said that "let's secure...", shouldn't it be the number one who gives orders? When I purposely risk a court marshall and break away from the team to stay in town, I can take out the two Fenneks, but I assume this small combat was something the player was intended to participate in.

Also when loading the mission, it said "contains bad link to static object, load in editor and save", which I did then, but I guess you could fix that better.

I also played your second episode. Interesting story, hope you soon publish episode 3 to 30 or so ;)

Edited by Brainbug