sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

Not yet very close just waitin on the last 2 addons then we ready

Ok, good. See you next week then.

one thing it doesn't make clear (or I didn't understand) is how to make Steam merge A2 and OA into CO. I installed Arma 2 in Steam, then installed OA - and it's two separate folders :(

It does it automatically now. Just run Arrowhead and you are good to go.

correction - it only does it automatically if you DON't run a -mod=... line in your steam startup options. if you do this, it stops the BIS / steam code from executing properly when you load arrowhead, and A2 and ACR don't load. this is why i suggest you use the -par= line in steam startup params, then link to the text file which runs the -mod= in that file. this is a clever workaround and it solves a lot of headaches with the crappy BIS/steam system.

Download Six and you are good to go! Mod download time reduced, game and mod launch time is few seconds, you don't need to setup 10 different shortcuts on desktop to launch 10 different arma versions.. At the beginnig i hated it. Then with 1.63 i was almost forced to install and now i couldn'live without..

Download Six

not until they completely redo their atrocious GUI

correction - it only does it automatically if you DON't run a -mod=... line in your steam startup options. if you do this, it stops the BIS / steam code from executing properly when you load arrowhead, and A2 and ACR don't load.

I have another problem. I didn't delete my old Arma 2 installation before installing it on Steam (I have multiple copies of CO so I activated another one in Steam). and now my fresh Steam install detects ACR Lite, DayZ Epoch and god knows what else on my HDD and launches with it...

if your game is launching with mods you havent selected - that is very likely SIX updater

this happened to some of the XTRA guys we merged clans with (GITS never used six)

they had to delete ACE cos six kept loading it up and they didnt know how to stop it lol

figured it out, it was my Arma 2 installation, it had some files left over, namely userconfig folder and all modfolders, Steam was trying to run them all for some reason. I just nuked it, and everything seems to be fine now. next stop -- follow your guide to install all the necessary files for Unsung :bounce3:

If everything's fine, we should have the release this week :)

Ow yes!

can't wait for this one!

played the previous version and must have been one of the most terrifying arma experiences to date, the whistles from the enemy just before an attack and all that!

keep it up!

OK!! The last additions have been delivered, Timer is running people ;)

Important Unsung Announcement

Verison 2.6 is nearly ready for release. We ask that you take this time to upgrade to version 1.63 of arma 2.

We will NOT be releasing a Pre 1.63 version of the Unsung.

So use this time to get your game in order if you want intend to download The Unsung mod 2.6.

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Yes, yes, already done long time ago, now kick it out already!

No problem! I solved the update. I'm waiting! This day will be long! :)

No problem! I solved the update. I'm waiting! This day will be long! :)

never said they will release it today

never said they will release it today

But I hope for it! :)

R-Day (Release date) at last !

And yeeesssss !!! Despite I was totally contrary, I finally updated to vers. 1.63

Yeah, now that we have "everything", we now need to debug any issues we find. "soon" ;)

Not released yet, it will be announced on the addons complete page of this forum when its ready, not here :)