Sign in to follow this  
profcupcake

Dead Simple Vehicle Resupply Script

Exactly what it says in the title. Has customisable resupply amount and resupply time. I do not have a third sentence to put here.

Download link

Armaholic page

Incredibly basic? Yes. But what this community seems to be missing is small-scale, basic scripts that Just Work.

(With credit to Hypnomatic, for solving a problem)

Edited by ProfCupcake

How would I use it to set up a resupply area instead of just having the option to resupply all the time? say for example when I drive on to a helipad. seems bit unrealistic to be able to resupply when ever you like? just as a head up the code in the usage.txt refers to "scripts\resupply.sqf" but your download does not include this folder. i know i just need to change that but someone else may not.

1. How would I use it to set up a resupply area instead of just having the option to resupply all the time? say for example when I drive on to a helipad.

2. seems bit unrealistic to be able to resupply when ever you like?

3. just as a head up the code in the usage.txt refers to "scripts\resupply.sqf" but your download does not include this folder. i know i just need to change that but someone else may not.

1. Try using a trigger instead of an action? I'm not sure if it will work though. I'll look into this, since I have a couple of things I want to change anyway.

2. That depends mainly on how you use it. Also, it is a game, therefore some abstractions must be made.

(I'm not sure if I fully understood what you mean by that question, honestly.)

3. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll move the script into a folder in the download rar.

EDIT: Okay, using it with a trigger will almost certainly not work, due to the way it handles the parameters. I'm going to have 2 separate versions of it, one for actions, one for triggers.

Edited by ProfCupcake

Post your trigger version i would like to use that, thanks.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

2. That depends mainly on how you use it. Also, it is a game, therefore some abstractions must be made.

(I'm not sure if I fully understood what you mean by that question, honestly.)

Well if i put the script code on a hunter i can scroll the mouse wheel and resupply when ever i like, which is odd.

Arma is a simulation so having to make my way to either a truck or resupply area makes more sense to me.

Well if i put the script code on a hunter i can scroll the mouse wheel and resupply when ever i like, which is odd.

Arma is a simulation so having to make my way to either a truck or resupply area makes more sense to me.

Well, this was originally intended to be placed in a FOB or supply depot.

UPDATE

• Added the 'trigger' version, as mentioned above.
  • Added a sample mission, which should hopefully explain how to use it a bit better than my rubbish text file.

Note: The trigger version was not tested in multiplayer, and in all likelihood will not work in multiplayer. I do not recommend using it in multiplayer.

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

UPDATE

Just a minor update.

• A whole bunch of fixes that I can't remember (there was so much going wrong, I'm amazed I ever uploaded the previous version).
  • User input is now disabled while resupplying, and the engine forced off.

Really, I should have made it like that second point in the first place, but oh well.

Coming soon: A properly written readme. The 'USAGE.txt' I have provided is terrible at explaining things, even for people who know what they're doing.