Sign in to follow this  
slatts

FIM-92 Stinger

Another release so soon after the Carl Gustav. This time it fires at the sky taking out those pesky helicopters. It is of course the FIM-92 Stinger!

Don't think there's any bugs with this one. I decided to fold away some parts on the unloaded model to help with crawling. Although if you load it it might get in the way while crawling. You'll find an ammo box containing a number of launchers and missiles in the ammo section called FIM-92 Stinger Box

Classnames

Magazines: Stinger_missile

Weapons: Stinger

Ammo box: Stinger_box

Picture: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/34034f56-d852-4d37-8554-8a1066acbca2_zps43632e4c.jpg

Link to Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8o12n9jqt65at4q

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6kull98h5f6qe3j/fim92stinger.pbo.SLTS.bisign

Enjoy :cool:

Edited by Slatts

Aren't things supposed to explode when you shoot them with a stinger?

Sometimes, yes, but it all depends on how strong the armor is in a vehicle. if its strong, its hardly gonna blow, if its weak yeah it will.

EDIT: Thanks for this mann, I still enjoy it very much! By the way, will you add some new animations for the reload animation like BF3?

Edited by Ranwer

Aren't things supposed to explode when you shoot them with a stinger?

Not in every case... the warhead is (by Wikipedia) only 3 kg Hit-To-Kill, so you'll get an explosion but it will not blow up the whole target. Fuel, armament and other explosive stuff will do the rest- if there's any...

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It was 2AM when I got all this done, forgive me for forgetting a few tiny things..

Regarding the keys.

I found that many people are using tools which are out of date resulting in Keys and Sigs which would not correspond to each other correct.

But you can always make keys + sigs yourself, its not that hard...

...Or wait till the addonmaker provide you with one yes! he stated he missed it and he prob will provide one in the next update.

Is a good addon, but have one problem. When you carry in the shoulder the weapon, this have all deployed, and if you walk crouched, the weapon blind the vision. Sorry for my bad english.

Is a good addon, but have one problem. When you carry in the shoulder the weapon, this have all deployed, and if you walk crouched, the weapon blind the vision. Sorry for my bad english.

He's right, in crouch the Detection/control/aiming unit blocks all vision to the left half of the screen... it's a great launcher but not really portable in combat due to this.

SJ

He's right, in crouch the Detection/control/aiming unit blocks all vision to the left half of the screen... it's a great launcher but not really portable in combat due to this.

SJ

Yes it is a bad problem but I am working on a fix :)

Something I noticed yesterday it took 2 Stingers to bring down an opfor plane, sometimes it would take 3. It tracks and flies awesome, just seems a little underpowered

Something I noticed yesterday it took 2 Stingers to bring down an opfor plane, sometimes it would take 3. It tracks and flies awesome, just seems a little underpowered

Funnily enough it takes the same damage values from the vanilla weapons..