Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

@Tuplov - Will this only be designed to work with Kiorys L85? As the EricJ L85 is also a pretty good version of the RIS variant and it would be mega to get a bayonet for that as well!

EricJ @U100 has borked all the sounds again for us, so we've stopped using it..(again :P)

@Pipyn1970 Not really the right forum, but I will help you anyway. In the init field of the unit, you need to type

this addprimaryweaponitem "ACOGCLASSNAME"

The Acog mod you are using should have a file with the classname in it. If it doesn't, you need to slap the person who made it.

@Pipyn1970 Not really the right forum, but I will help you anyway. In the init field of the unit, you need to type

this addprimaryweaponitem "ACOGCLASSNAME"

The Acog mod you are using should have a file with the classname in it. If it doesn't, you need to slap the person who made it.

@doom, Thank you very much mate. Sorry for asking it here. I got confused with so many pages up at once mate. Im not even sure if i've got the sight as a mod. The reason i asked is i was playing with @Trixie weapons & im sure there's an Acog in his boxes. Well after many hours of failure i decided to ask. My thinking was, as i was using both this excelant mod & his, that i could slip it on using the code above. Oh well thanks anyway mate

EricJ @U100 has borked all the sounds again for us, so we've stopped using it..(again :P)

Really? That's very strange, we've experienced no issues with it! :)

I think it works if everyone is running it... I got it working it seemed, for me at least - but somewhere over the last month or so an update has reverted it back so that it somehow overwrites other weapons sounds.. I.e. RH's pack.

It's not a problem; too busy being in love with Trixie's L129A1 !!

Up for that last comment! A grenade launcher would be very much appreciated!

I'm sorry to ask in such a sudden manner but will the SUSAT work in other weapons eventually? I hope its planned to work on other weapons, its such a lovely optic.

And another suggestion, you could work with Massi to get your L85A2 in his SF weapons mod, I'm pretty sure if it worked it would be a beautiful collaboration.

I'm sorry to ask in such a sudden manner but will the SUSAT work in other weapons eventually? I hope its planned to work on other weapons, its such a lovely optic.

And another suggestion, you could work with Massi to get your L85A2 in his SF weapons mod, I'm pretty sure if it worked it would be a beautiful collaboration.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22890

Hey guys, I think Trixie has a UGL l85 in his british weapons pack, so I will use that until kiory releases his epic sauce version :D

Any idea on an update to make it compatible with the new update? Since 1.24 there's no sound when firing.

Yeh, BIS changed all the sounds, so i can only hear the snapping sound of the bullet passing, not the gun firing sound...

i have just gone through the files and fixed the sounds, youll still need the susat scope from his pack if you want it, but heres the fixed sounds l85:

Edited by R0adki11
link removed until permission issues have been resolved

i have just gone through the files and fixed the sounds, youll still need the susat scope from his pack if you want it, but heres the fixed sounds l85:

I understand that you may want to help and fix an addon. But you need to ask permission before going ahead and editing some one elses work. Especially if you want to release it.

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

It's open source, he doesn't need my permission.

It's open source, he doesn't need my permission.

I was not aware of that, but would you give him permission to use the same .pbo file?

Yea, sure.

i packed it in the same pbo so people looking for the fix didnt need to go and open the pbo themselves and risk losing content and breaking the addon.

sorry i didnt ask at first, but i saw it was open source, and saw a few people wanted it updated.

Updated l85;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/98oi46sxpe6io73/kio_l85a2.pbo

Edited by cpt_keys

i packed it in the same pbo so people looking for the fix didnt need to go and open the pbo themselves and risk losing content and breaking the addon.

sorry i didnt ask at first, but i saw it was open source, and saw a few people wanted it updated.

I originally removed the link as we have found of late some users have been releasing fixes for addons with broken sounds, but not asking permission from the original author. Now that the permission issues have been clarified with Kiory. Please feel free to repost the link to the fixed .pbo.

Thanks

Hello everyone!

First of all, I need to apologize about my lack of activity and answers, since joining up with the Epoch team I've been fairly busy and it's hard to balance work for these kinds of projects, I don't mean to be ignorant, but in all fairness, this is why I released it open source, so you guys can update/edit and put into mod packs to your hearts content, permission need not apply.

However, this weapon has been on the back of my mind the whole time, and since I released it all that time ago, I know I can do better. So, basically what I'm saying is that when I do roll out the new version (which I'm working on as we speak), it won't look the same, there were a lot of mistakes I made and I still didn't quite understand the engine at the time, I can do better and I want to do better.

Hopefully you guys will like the newest version, it should look more authentic.

It's quite funny, it probably seems to you guys that all I can make are L85's, but if you're gonna make something, you'd better make damn sure that it's the best you can make it, and currently I'm not happy with it.

Anyway, here's what to expect in the upcoming newer version:

* Model changes

* Brand new re baked normal maps and textures

* New UGL attachment

* New sounds

* Updated susat scope to make it more in line with the L85 (it was extremely lackluster

* Elcan scope (I don't remember what version but it's the one we currently use)

* Fully custom animations

* Fully open source material, including an OBJ file (non unwrapped) for others to use and build attachments around (this does not mean you can upload the mod to steam, that's my job)

Right, again I'm sorry that I haven't been more active, it's hard to find time lately.

Regards,

Kiory

Edited by Kiory

Hey Kiory, this mod have ASDG compatibility?

I won't be adding compatibility for that as a lot of people don't use it, if people want that functionality, well, that's why it's open source. :)