ollem

TPWCAS for A3 - AI Suppression System - suggestions/comments/ideas discussion

This thread is meant to discuss ideas/suggestions/wishes/comments for TPWCAS for A3.

(TPWCAS = TPWC AI Suppression System)

Previous info about the Arma 2 TPWCAS mod/scripts and beta A3 version can be found here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143797-TPWCAS-TPWC-AI-Suppression-System

Our goal is to release an improved TPWCAS for A3 mod/script version on short notice, which shall be released in the "ARMA 3 - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE" section once ready.

However while due to move from A2 to A3 some features seem to work less effective in A3 now we need to make some code changes first.

So we need your input to determine what (if any) has indeed been changed/impacted, and how to improve TPWCAS.

Latest Version: v5.5: tpwcas_A3_v5.5 (April 29)

Changes version 5.5:

- update: player controlled AI should no longer change combat behaviour

- update: added simple check to verify if unit is in building to recover to standing after suppression

- change: tpwcas_minskill is no longer absolute value but a percentage of the original skill (so 0.20 means minimum value of 20% of original skill)

Edited by Ollem

The arma 3 tpwcas_scripts link from your first post is broken.

Instead i tried Lordprimates "@tpwcas Arma 3 test : http://www.mediafire.com/?1lmvt7kf10zfaf8" version and it works fine.

I found this on armaholic (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=194679, i suppose that should be the same, you wanted to post on your first post?

I have one question about the script version. Are the player visual effects working on a dedicated server with only scripts implemented in the mission (no clientside tpwcas running)?

I could bet, i have once played one an a3 mp mission with visual effects, but i can't get them running..

I will verify/update the download link.

Player visual effects are working on a dedicated server with only scripts implemented in the mission.

Make sure you set "tpwcas_mode = 2" else it will not work.

Got this error with lordprimates' version

17:33:03 "0 tpwcas_mode = any - Server: [true] - MP: [true] - config: [2] - isNil: [true]"

17:33:03 Error in expression <4] - config: [%5] - isNil: [%6]", time, tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, ge>

17:33:03 Error position: <tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, ge>

17:33:03 Error Undefined variable in expression: tpwcas_mode

17:33:03 File tpwcas\init.sqf, line 82

The arma 3 tpwcas_scripts link from your first post is broken.

Instead i tried Lordprimates "@tpwcas Arma 3 test : http://www.mediafire.com/?1lmvt7kf10zfaf8" version and it works fine.

I found this on armaholic (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=194679, i suppose that should be the same, you wanted to post on your first post?

I have one question about the script version. Are the player visual effects working on a dedicated server with only scripts implemented in the mission (no clientside tpwcas running)?

I could bet, i have once played one an a3 mp mission with visual effects, but i can't get them running..

HI

Works on a dedicated server ?

With headless client?

Edited by gagi

We tested a lot the TPWCAS scripts on VTS and MCC mission (and the addon version we can found on the last pages of the arma 2 topic) on arma 3 and it s not working at all with Headless Client.

When we desactivate the HC, it s working really fine (we can see it with the debug on) but it s need somes imrpovements (the ia have some dificutly to taking cover sometimes but it s react to fire better than with vanilla ia).

Good work, itt's s already a great addon/scripts pack and it s dificult to play without it (like asr ai).

Edited by slayertom

I did have a quick look at LordPrimates mod version and noticed some lines that are still A2 and not A3, so (without having tested it) I question if it could work properly at all ..

i.E. usage of 'lifeState' command: In A2 this should be matched with "ALIVE", but since ArmA 3 it should be "HEALTHY" (or "INJURED")

I still need to look at the other proposed changes made by LordPrimate, and still value his input!

End of August I already created an A3 mod version: tpwcas5.01.zip

However, I did not release due to some issues with 'setUnitPos "MIDDLE"' command, which may or may not have been solved in the mean time.

So the link above does not yet contain my latest changes, and may still contain some issues.

Feedback appreciated anyway.

I don't know what went wrong but I messed up big time.. :-/

Edited by Ollem

So which version are we supposed to use for both addon and script use? The one from the other thread:

"Download Arma 3 Beta script version: tpwcas_a3_v05_script.zip (last update 07-08-2013)" (link still not working)

or the one, you just posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96469595/tpwcas5.01/tpwcas5.01.zip

I suppose the script version of the link you just gave us, is also still an old a2 version?

Does this include TPW-LOS as well? (line of sight checker)

I enjoyed using your mods in A2, the AI seemed a lot more intelligent and more likely to flank rush, or was that my imagination?

Apparently tpacas also includes some lines for tpwlos.

But i would recommend, you use the tpw los script/addon in the tpw MODs pack. It works like a charm (sp, mp, dedicated, HC not tested), has been optimized for arma 3 and AI are now even more deadly, as they turn much faster after they spotted enemies.

Got this error with lordprimates' version

17:33:03 "0 tpwcas_mode = any - Server: [true] - MP: [true] - config: [2] - isNil: [true]"

17:33:03 Error in expression <4] - config: [%5] - isNil: [%6]", time, tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, ge>

17:33:03 Error position: <tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, ge>

17:33:03 Error Undefined variable in expression: tpwcas_mode

17:33:03 File tpwcas\init.sqf, line 82

was this on a dedicated ? just player hosted? dedicated with a Headless client.

That undefined variable is just for the rpt file dia_log. I thought i fixed it.. Hmmm...

Edited by Lordprimate

So which version are we supposed to use for both addon and script use? The one from the other thread:

"Download Arma 3 Beta script version: tpwcas_a3_v05_script.zip (last update 07-08-2013)" (link still not working)

or the one, you just posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96469595/tpwcas5.01/tpwcas5.01.zip

I suppose the script version of the link you just gave us, is also still an old a2 version?

The link above is a ArmA 3 only version, and it contains both A3 script and A3 mod version.

link is indeed A2 verison :-(

Consider it an TPWCAS A3 Beta mod: it should work, but expect a new version to be released 'soon'.

I fully realize it's quite confusing having multiple versions around at the moment, but I'm a bit short in development time currently.

Edited by Ollem

looking at the version that ollem posted i see even he was a victim of the confusion of the two versions. the version that he just posted has the (lifestate == "Alive") checks. In the version I posted that has all been comment out (by ollem a long time ago). I dont know how that slipped by but the version i posted deffinatly has those Arma 2 script variables commented Out.

The second thing i noticed was that his Headless check is different and seems more effecient ill be integrating it now and posting and updated version for HEADLESS CLIENT testing.

I am still looking at filtering out bushes and narrow trees form the list of objects used for cover, i contated norrin as he as a mod that has the ability to filter out narrow objects and bushes and trees... so keep your fingers crossed

was this on a dedicated ? just player hosted? dedicated with a Headless client.

That undefined variable is just for the rpt file dia_log. I thought i fixed it.. Hmmm...

This case dedicated without hc

Cannot wait to test this one on our HC dedi :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

looking at the version that ollem posted i see even he was a victim of the confusion of the two versions. the version that he just posted has the (lifestate == "Alive") checks. In the version I posted that has all been comment out (by ollem a long time ago). I dont know how that slipped by but the version i posted deffinatly has those Arma 2 script variables commented Out.

The second thing i noticed was that his Headless check is different and seems more effecient ill be integrating it now and posting and updated version for HEADLESS CLIENT testing.

I am still looking at filtering out bushes and narrow trees form the list of objects used for cover, i contated norrin as he as a mod that has the ability to filter out narrow objects and bushes and trees... so keep your fingers crossed

Lordprimate, You are absolutely right - I don't know how I messed up big time here....

update: the link I posted was for slightly updated A2 version I never released :p

I'll better stay low profile while I sort out the issue :cool:

Until then please continue to use Lordprimate's latest version

About filtering objects: Robalo uses the following filter in 'fnc_findCover.sqf' of his ASR_AI A3 mod:

_fnc_filter = {
private ["_type","_z"];
if (_this isKindOf "Man") exitWith {false};
if (_this isKindOf "Bird") exitWith {false};
if (_this isKindOf "BulletCore") exitWith {false};
if (_this isKindOf "Grenade") exitWith {false};
if (_this isKindOf "WeaponHolder") exitWith {false};
if (_this isKindOf "WeaponHolderSimulated") exitWith {false};
_type = typeOf _this;
if (_type == "") then {
	if (damage _this == 1) exitWith {false};
} else {
	if (_type in ["Land_Concrete_SmallWall_4m_F", "Land_Concrete_SmallWall_8m_F"]) exitWith {false};
	if (_type in ["#crater","#crateronvehicle","#soundonvehicle","#particlesource","#lightpoint","#slop","#mark"]) exitWith {false};
	if (["fence", _type] call BIS_fnc_inString) exitWith {false};
};
_z = (getPosATL _this) select 2;
if (_z > 0.2) exitWith {false};
_z = (boundingCenter _this) select 2;
if (_z < 0.5) exitWith {false};
true
};

Edited by Ollem

The confusing grows and grows. :D

Couldn't you just provide a link to the "actual" version on your first post? That way, we would know where to look for the latest test version, instead of search for multiple threads (tpw a2, tpw a3 thread) on multiple sites (bi forums, armaholic).

Start post now contains latest Work in Progress link for TPWCAS for A3.

Currently this is the A3 verson kindly collected and packaged by LordPrimate.

I have a question, and I hope it's not offensive. But isn't TPWEBS an addon that does everything TPWCAS does? Or is there more to CAS that EBS doesn't do?

I have a question, and I hope it's not offensive. But isn't TPWEBS an addon that does everything TPWCAS does? Or is there more to CAS that EBS doesn't do?

TPWEBS is indeed a similar type of mod based on a smart idea.

Unfortunately the concept can only work in singleplayer mode, but not in multiplayer mode.

TPWCAS does work for SP, MP, and dedicated server MP.

TPWEBS is indeed a similar type of mod based on a smart idea.

Unfortunately the concept can only work in singleplayer mode, but not in multiplayer mode.

TPWCAS does work for SP, MP, and dedicated server MP.

Ok : I just tested suppression with dedicated server : it DOES work perfectly

And with the headless client :"0 pre-init defined twpcas mode: 'tpwcas_mode = 2'"

"0 tpwcas_mode = 2 - Server: [false] - MP: [true] - config: [2] - isNil: [false]"

"188.666 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.0 Initiated - tpwcas_mode: [2]"

"188.666 - [0,2,4,11] supported version of ASR_AI found"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_mode - [2]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_ir - [20]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_st - [10]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_bulletlife - [1.5]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_skillsup - [1]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_minskill - [0.1]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_reveal - [0]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_canflee - [0]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_getcover - [1]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_coverdist - [30]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_playershake - [1]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_playervis - [1]"

"189.066 TPWCAS Var: tpwcas_debug - [1]"

"189.666 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.0 mainloop started"

"189.666 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.0 Debug started"

"189.666 - TPWCAS_A3 v5.0 Active - tpwcas_mode: [TPWCAS_A3 v5.0]"

"189.82 Frame:18338 'tpwcas_fnc_debug()' - Added debug ball for HC_D_UNIT"

[18346,55.607,189.999,"Executing Dom local player JIP trigger"]

"226.498 Frame:19923 'tpwcas_fnc_debug()' - Added debug ball for O Foxtrot 1-1:1"

Hey dude : you made it !!!

Tested with HC Client and Domination 2.99o -> units are suppressed : YOUHOUHOUHOU

IT DOES WORK FOR HEADLESS CLIENT too !!!

THANKS YOU

Edited by gagi

Doesnt seem to affect fps when logging is deactivated ;)

mode 2: Multiplayer (automatic default MP value for either locally hosted or dedicated server,

full funcionality in combination with required tpwcas mod client on each player pc

mode 3: Dedicated server coop play mode - only player shot bullets will suppress AI local to server

Which one is better in case Headless Client in tpwcas_v2.hpp on the server userconfig and on the HC userconfig?

Mode 2 seems to require ASR_AI3 & tpwcas on the client. Can you confirm that and for what feature exactly (cause it seems to work without the mode client side). Needs a userconfig client side too?

Thanks.

Edited by gagi

Please check the readme for detailed difference between mode 2 and 3.

In short:

2 - for suppression effect between player-AI , AI-player, and AI - AI => this requires twpcas o be active on all clients (including HC)

3 - for suppression effect between player - (server + HC local) AI only => this requires tpwcas to be active on server and HC.

I don't know if ASR_AI3 is HC compatible too -if so you need it on both server and HC I presume.

Please check the readme for detailed difference between mode 2 and 3.

In short:

2 - for suppression effect between player-AI , AI-player, and AI - AI => this requires twpcas o be active on all clients (including HC)

3 - for suppression effect between player - (server + HC local) AI only => this requires tpwcas to be active on server and HC.

I don't know if ASR_AI3 is HC compatible too -if so you need it on both server and HC I presume.

OK ok that's what I read, no problem with that. I understand that if I need suppresion from player to AI, it's the mode3.

Just to say that I only activated asr_ai & tpwcas only on dedicated server and the HC. Not on the clients : and it works.

The question is do I have to force mode 3 with these logs

0 pre-init defined twpcas mode: 'tpwcas_mode = 2'"

"0 tpwcas_mode = 2 - Server: [false] - MP: [true] - config: [2] - isNil: [false]"

I see mode 2 active, perhaps I have to force mode 3 on HC and server.

Thanks