Sign in to follow this  
Tooks

Stratis life/ Altis life- Why i cant create a server

Hi guys so heres my situation, i wanted to create a Stratis or Altis life server for myself and friends to play on as all the current servers are in us or uk and being australian doesnt really allow us to play be it ping or just the amount of players filling each server. So i thought ok i'll hire a server with my mates and create our own server using the same mission files.

This is when i found out these people are attempting to make some sort of monopoly on these files and not allowing anyone to use them but their own servers. I understand several people may be putting weeks/months work of work into these files and i can appreciate that. But not allowing anyone else to use them at all is pathetic. Fine dont let people use all the brand new files/scripts with all the good shit, but atleast let people use some old content that way people get the fun outta the missions and you can keep your servers more attractive being that you've got the most advanced versions.

I mean cmon we all play online to have fun but to say no you cant play my files (which isnt entirely theres since they're using old or other peoples scripts with theres added on) because i work hard. Well good for you but what about people like myself and i know alot of people like me who dont want to make money, dont care if its not the new best versions, we just want to play the dam game and have fun but the greed of these people wanting to i dunno make money or whatever is ruining this, and im pretty dam pissed off these people are causing this situation and probably ruin the whole life servers. Im not surprised these people servers are getting DDOS attacked.

All i ask is can someone help us out, im not willing to go learn scripting to be honest i've got a life and i dont intend on wasting it attempting to learn scripting. I just want to host a server with life like any other map. This is a bit of a rant but yeah, does anyone know anyone that can help me out and let me and my mates host a life server. Or do i just give in and go play another game.