Sign in to follow this  
galor1

Arma 3 Multiplayer Crash ( Arma 3 not responding ) cant find Fix

Having some problems playing Multi player reasently. join a lobby play for about 10 min often less than that and my Arma 3 will Freeze up and go to a black screen and become Unresponsive. i have no idea what is causing this nor do i know how to fix it and i have not been able to find any forums related to my situation. if anyone knows anything or could lend some help it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit 1:Apologies It only seems to happen When i Play LIFE servers

Edited by galor1

-make sure you video drivers, audio en chipset are up to date

-make sure the temps of the system are not to hign (50deg.C for CPU 85deg.C for GPU)

-recheck your files on steam

-use ccleaner of another cleaning program forr your PC

-delete your arma3 user profile & reset arma3 to default settings

-check error logs...

Ive been having the same issue since 1.02. Most of the time it makes me have to restart my pc. i doubt is vram as i have never had issues with this before unless the patch changed sumin. My guess is that because the 1.02 hotfix was aimed at multiplayer crashes that something has changed causing a few ppl to get these crashes. Hopefully will be fixed at end of the month when campaign and patch comes out.

(intel) 50degC for cpu is not an issue, you dont want to go past 80. When it gets past 90 or so the chip will shutdown to protect itself. This will not happen unless its overclocked. My chip has overheated many times untill i figured out the water pump was on low, chip is doing fine now.

Edit- happens to me on any server

What GPU do you have?

Try lowering VRAM(-maxVRAM=) +/- 100 MB below your default video memory

Ive got sli 580s 1.5 gb each. Not very much vram by todays standards but didnt think it would cause issues. So ill try that in parameters and report back. So i would put -maxvram=1400? I dont get the +/- part