Commander's Tablet - FBCB2, Blue Force Tracker, UAV, and Helmet Cam Interface
- SpectreRSG - Graphic Design
- Capt Drumheller / Jester814 - Technical advisor / Ideas / Media
- LCpl C. Johnston - Technical advisor
- LCpl Schwanke - Technical advisor
- Knobee - Documentation
- Raspu - TAD, Android and MicroDAGR background graphics and 3D models
- Killzone_Kid - for his many excellent tutorials
- Everyone else in the 15th MEU SOC and C-L-F for help with support and testing.
- BI - for ArmA 3 and all the opportunities to mod for this game.
- Commander's tablet
- Working FBCB2 Blue Force Tracker system
- User placed makers - place markers for enemy, medical and general purpose
- Tracks all crewed Bluefor Military vehicles
- Tracks any dismounted troops with the proper equipment
- Android based Blue Force Tracker
- MicroDAGR hand-held GPS with Blue Force Tracking
- Commanders Tablet can view live UAV streams
- Commanders Tablet can view live Helmet Cam streams
- Vehicle mounted FBCB2 interface, Blue Force Tracking
- Tactical Awareness Display (TAD) for air vehicles, Blue Force Tracking
- This system is available to only one side at a time, there is a mission configurable parameter to choose sides
- None of the markers or icons show on maps, need one of the devices to view
- Switching to or from the full screen views while in a vehicle can cause issues (fixed by exiting vehicle) BIS issue with command, please vote for a fix
- If your are viewing yourself from the UAV or Helmet Cam in PiP screen, your textures can bug on your unit
- Even though items go into the GPS slot they are not required to be there for cTab to operate, they can go anywhere in your inventory, i.e. your vest or uniform
- Players that are experiencing conflicts with help screens (uses "H"as a key as well) are advised to rebind cTab "IF_MAIN", for example to "SHIFT"+ "H". This used to be an issue with Zeus but has been resolved as of cTab version 2.1. There might be other such cases though.
- Helicopter pilots (and co-pilots) that are using RAVEN's LIFTER mod are advised to rebind cTab "IF_MAIN" to something other than the default as "H" is used by that mod and cannot be changed (as of this writing).
How to configure
For Mission Makers
- Added basic TvT support, so now cTab will work on any side out of the box. Note: A stolen enemy device will currently not provide you with enemy intel, instead the device will inherit your encryption key.
- Provided encryption keys that can be set by the mission designer to allow or disallow cTab data to be shared.
- Improved Zeus support when remote controlling AI
- cTab can now be operated as Zeus even with default keybinding "H"
- Added MicroDAGR hand-held GPS. It features a self-centring small view mode that can be kept visible while navigating and a large view mode that allows for user interaction. The small view mode can be kept open while navigating and zoomed in and out using the "Zoom_In" and "Zoom_Out" keys. Only units with a cTab device in your own group are displayed. The MicroDAGR can also operate as a companion device to the Tablet (i.e. you are carrying both) and in that case the MicroDAGR will show you the same BFT data as your Tablet.
- Added configurable server-side list of helmets that define the presence of a helmet camera, defaulting to vanilla ArmA 3 and BWmod helmet models with a camera.
- Improved co-pilot seat detection for helicopters as previously the TAD could not be accessed when in the co-pilot seat of some community provided helicopters
- Enabled support for CBA Keybinding system to make key bind changes more user friendly and changeable without a restart. Userconfig settings now define the default keybinds.
- Helmet Cam item no longer occupies the radio slot when added to inventory. This is to prevent complications with TFAR.
- Changed weight of all items to be close to their real-world equivalents (before everything did weight 45g)
- Updated Android background graphic and added 3D model (for when you drop it on the ground)
- Completely reworked Android user interface
- Added messaging to Android interface
- Sent messages are now kept with the list of received messages
- Message receive notification has been made a lot less intrusive, both visually (now a small white envelope icon on the right side of the screen) and audibly (a humming sound similar to that of a mobile phone vibrating)
- The "delete messages" function will now only delete selected messages (instead of all)
- Added "small" version to Android interface, so you can now keep it visible while navigating
- Reworked Tablet user interface, switching modes feels a lot more natural now
- Reworked UAV camera positions, gunner and driver camera will now reflect what the UAV gunner and driver actually sees. Gunner camera now uses FLIR (white/hot) mode.
- Added function to lock the currently selected UAV gunner's camera to the location double-clicked on the map (select from double-click menu on BFT map). This is only available to the tablet.
- Lists of UAVs and helmet cameras are now alphabetically sorted
- Reworked helmet "full-screen" view to only occupy the whole screen of the Tablet instead of the whole screen
- Added ability to remove marker at mouse cursor position. The marker currently under the cursor will be highlighted and removed upon pressing DEL (delete on your keyboard).
- Made significant improvements to marker network synchronization. Instead of having an individual client manipulate the list of markers and then send it to every other client, a marker addition / deletion request will now be sent to the server and the server will inform all clients of the change by sending just what has changed.
- Players sitting in the back of the trucks (HMTT and Tempest by default) now no longer have access to the vehicle based FBCB2
- All interfaces are now restored to last mode of operation operation (BFT,Messaging,...) on open
- All interfaces will now restore last map position and zoom level on open
- Added topographical map mode to all devices
- Added black map mode to TAD
- Added switch (F6) to toggle map modes (satellite, topographical, black) via the "large" versions of the devices (the "small" versions will use the same setting)
- Added switch (F7) to center map on current player position
- Added current in-game time to all interfaces
- Added current grid location as well as current heading in degrees and octant to all interfaces
- Greatly enhanced user placed map markers to properly scale when zooming the map (including the directional arrow and group size denominators) as well as making sure the directional arrow does not interfere with the time-stamps
- Added new marker types for infantry (Rifle, AT, MG), static weapons (MG, AT, AA, Mortar) and wheeled MRAPs/APCs
- Added an "Exit" menu entry to the map double-click dialog (the one you place map markers with)
- Added map tools (can be toggled using F5) that show grid and elevation at mouse cursor as well as distance and direction from the current position to the mouse cursor position.
- Island sizes are now dynamically detected, no more waiting on islands being supported
- Tweaked map visuals to be easier to read
- General performance tweaks
- Added new keybinding (ALT + H) to allow access to alternative interface (i.e. to get access to the Tablet that is being carried while in one of the pilot seats of a helicopter)
- Infantry carrying a cTab device in your own group will now show with a smaller infantry icon that points in the direction of the unit as well as the index of that unit within the group (instead of a square infantry symbol with the full group ID). To anyone outside this group, there will only be a single icon shown for the group at the position of the group's leader (if equipped with a cTab device, otherwise the next unit in line).
- Infantry groups will now automatically show the group strength with dots above the icon
- Changed BFT list generation and display functions to help de-clutter everyone's view. For example transports will no longer show overlayed icons for other units with cTab equipment that are mounted. Instead, the names of groups and the group indices of units from your own group will be displayed to the left of the transport's icon.
- The arrow on the inner TAD range circle (that used to show north) will now rotate with the direction of the aircraft to help show the current direction of travel
- Made large TAD interface movable
- Excluded static weapons from showing up on BFT
- Added ability to define custom names for vehicles via the mission or scripts
Download / Links