Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

PIP flickering ever since first alpha release...still not fixed after final release?

I've been suffering from this issue since alpha release and so have many other people (not saying everyone!)

my concern is that this has been not addressed for months on end (that we are aware of)

this issue is stopping me from using features like UAV for example, I haven't had the chance to use them properly ever since they were released on the dev branch version before stable release.

is this a BI issue or a GPU driver issue?

can I request some information from BI regarding this?

are we anywhere near a fix or solution?

_______

some people say to disable SLI, however this does work but DOES cost me FPS. (may differ from others)

this game would benefit a lot if SLI was usable.

thank you in advance for any information provided, looking forward to a official statement :)

tyler

[EDIT]

it seems that the hunter is not affected anymore... but everything else is affected... some worse than others.

I've been suffering from this issue since alpha release and so have many other people (not saying everyone!)

my concern is that this has been not addressed for months on end (that we are aware of)

this issue is stopping me from using features like UAV for example, I haven't had the chance to use them properly ever since they were released on the dev branch version before stable release.

is this a BI issue or a GPU driver issue?

can I request some information from BI regarding this?

are we anywhere near a fix or solution?

_______

some people say to disable SLI, however this does work but DOES cost me FPS. (may differ from others)

this game would benefit a lot if SLI was usable.

thank you in advance for any information provided, looking forward to a official statement :)

tyler

[EDIT]

it seems that the hunter is not affected anymore... but everything else is affected... some worse than others.

You might want to specify the issue. I don´t know if you are talking about flickering PIP Displays or other flickering stuff if PIP is enabled (The later is true for me)

Same here with pip enabled, getting really tired of it.

You might want to specify the issue. I don´t know if you are talking about flickering PIP Displays or other flickering stuff if PIP is enabled (The later is true for me)

the monitors flicker less than the mirrors.

but the UAV's flicker so much makes me feel ill.

epilepsy

the whole PIP needs looking into I think. this issue needs to be addressed as its been on going ever since release :(

just concerns me.

Oh Ok, so for you the Display flickers. I get that in some vehicels.

yeah and the mirrors too :(

example... "offroad"

my pip works fine.

Specs: i7 XXX Mhz, 6 Gb ram, ati 7950 and ssd where i installed os and arma 3.

no its GPU related, you obviously do not have SLI

what GPU have you got?

no its GPU related, you obviously do not have SLI

what GPU have you got?

Hmm no flicker. Ever, just the texture stuff at distant etc.. Now I have had flicker, strobe and other issues with CF and SLI over various Generations of GPUS on Different Builds of the Game, A1,A2... worst was ingame at late afternoon, and early morning. I could fix minimize it by,HDR, Vsync, and Very High Mem setting over Default...also Driver updates or roll backs, to keep the one that was working. But the single best fix I found for the issue was more Vram (also only one card too, but...), two 2GB SLI cards are still only 2GBs...3GbB is better for the frame buffer.

Now Picture in a Picture on SLI might be consider on the driver level as Dual Montiors? Need to set up your Global Nvida settings different? One card, 7970-3GB is what I am using now for A3.

I've tried many options in nvidia control panel and ingame but nothing... I've to disable sli in arma 3

Yes, vehicle monitors (e.g. Hunter) and rear-view mirrors still flicker very badly for me with GTX 295 SLI, as they have since the beginning, and even with Take On Helicopters.

Edited by OMAC

Always a problem with dual GPU like the 690.

In many years there have been a problem with flickering shadows and the like.

I clearly remember my old nvidia 7950 GX 2 with the same issue.

My GTX780 runs just fine with no problems, not one single crash yet.

And graphics looks like exected on every setting.

needs to be looked into, im getting flickering of the campfire light also!! the ground near flickers on and off kind of thing

Hi, today I was so angry due to the loose of fps causing of switching from SLI to force SINGLE GPU that I've started with nvidia inspector trying other sli bit compatibility.... No one works without the flickering.. The only 2 that doesn't flicker it's because SLI don't work with them ( lol )...

I've made also a funny discover...In editor, empty mission, place man on a static place, saved mission. Load this mission with SLI on and OFF... Difference is... almost 40 fps..

from 38 fps ( single gpu ) to 74 fps ( sli enabled ) .....

we have to choose to play with flickering or with more fps... :yay: 7 months and still nonone working on a solution :yay:

GTX 275, no SLI,

no flickering

? The meaning of this is? :confused: If you don't have sli of course you don't have flickering... Have you read that flickering is due to sli?

This is a problem with Arma not supporting SLI. Make sure you completely disable your SLI. For Nvidia users, this means also not playing on "maximize 3d performance mode" because that will still run both cards. Use the Nvidia control panel and set the performance setting to disable-multi-GPU mode.

You are wrong. There's sli profile in nvidia inspector for arma 2/3 and it works but in arma 3 works flickering pip

what is this NVidia inspector? so this resolves the PIP flicker?

nvidia inspector -> http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html

with this you can customize every game profile and change hidden options not available in standard nvidia control panel. No worry tyler... I've tried yesterday and I lost more thatn 1 hour trying every sli bit compatibility performance profile of every dx11 game, noone will work without flickering in pip ( others game that had same problems with changing this parameter sometimes it's fixed, but not this case... )

I have sli as well, 2 GTX 570 2.5gbs. I always have gotten flickering, but just noticed I don't get it in all vehicles, only flickers in vehicles with weapons and all the off roads.

I noticed this in the campaign, even though I had PIP disabled, the HEMTT transport has a small mirror that still has PIP. I noticed it didn't flicker so I tried it enabled and the big mirror works great. Seems that this would be a easy fix if this is consistent with other sli setups.

Can anyone else verify this?

*EDIT* except the Strider, this is opposite, only flickering in vehicle without gun.

Edited by PlacidPaul

I have sli as well, 2 GTX 570 2.5gbs. I always have gotten flickering, but just noticed I don't get it in all vehicles, only flickers in vehicles with weapons and all the off roads.

I noticed this in the campaign, even though I had PIP disabled, the HEMTT transport has a small mirror that still has PIP. I noticed it didn't flicker so I tried it enabled and the big mirror works great. Seems that this would be a easy fix if this is consistent with other sli setups.

Can anyone else verify this?

*EDIT* except the Strider, this is opposite, only flickering in vehicle without gun.

Yes, same for me, I think is not a driver fault but a texture fault. In some vehicle there's flickering, in some no. Maybe a texture behind pip that cause this?

yeah because some of the pickup trucks i get the flickering while SLI is on, but the Hunter and Ifrit the mirrors and screens work without issue.

You are wrong. There's sli profile in nvidia inspector for arma 2/3 and it works but in arma 3 works flickering pip

Sorry when I typed Arma, I meant specifically this game, Arma 3, not all the Armas. My solution still works though. I have a GTX 690 and the only way to prevent PIP flickering is to make sure that all multi gpu functionality is turned off when playing A3. You will also get a performance boost.

Sorry when I typed Arma, I meant specifically this game, Arma 3, not all the Armas. My solution still works though. I have a GTX 690 and the only way to prevent PIP flickering is to make sure that all multi gpu functionality is turned off when playing A3.

lev... I need you to ask to stop spreading false information... I'm on a verge of thinking that you are trolling...

Yes, you are right... Disabling SLI gets rid of PIP flickering. However, like ramius86 said, Arma 3 DOES support SLI.

You will also get a performance boost.

WHAT!!! How the... How did you conclude this? Disabling SLI WILL degrade performance (30-40 FPS loss for me).