Sign in to follow this  
digitalcenturion

[WIP] Combine Transhuman forces

Ha amazing. Funny thing, the Combine could now actually serve a dual role as some kind of realistic mercenary / OPFOR group. They dont look that SciFi anymore compared to the other Arma III stuff.

I mean ArmA III now has reached that "Metal Gear" and "Half-Life" level of SciFi, thats still "kind of" realistic and using parts of todays tech.

Wow, looks good .. even better than original Half Life units. :)

P.S.

Strider_crouched.jpg

Edited by DegmanCRO

Thx guys! Giorgy the GravGun is looking very good! Hopefully some scripter can help you out, a lot of possiblities for the mission wise for sure!

Degman yeah you gotta remember that the HL2 was released back in 2004, so the polycount and texture resolution were a lot lower back then. Fulcrum yeah I think these can serve as generic baddies too, they are quite sinister with their masks and stuff :cool:

I just need to fix the helmet RVMAT problems before I can release a first beta version...

A cool idea might be to create some rebel units as well, just troopers in the Combine uniforms without the helmets and with beanies instead, and just give them armpads that have the Lambda symbol sprayed on them, and drop them into both BLUFOR and IND. Also might be interesting to put the Combine themselves into IND as well as OPFOR, so we can make them face off against BLUFOR or OPFOR

I know it results in a lot of editor bloat, but it really mixes up the amount of scenarios you can make.

I have planned some human resistance units and citizens in the blue "denim uniform", both armed and unarmed as a separate addon, as a spin-off also som "low tech guerillas" ie FIA units armed with weapons from Massis pack (AKMs, AK-74s, PKM etc). I'll think about adding the combine to other factions as well, but my ultimate vision is this: OPFOR: Combine, BLUFOR: Humanity, INDEPENDENT: Xen life like zombies. This way we can have proper three way battles.

It's awesome to see this back, I was really interested in the Arma 2 addon and disappointed that it didn't pan out. They look great so far!

The first thing I thought when I saw the PDW2000 SMG in the game was that it looked liked the Combine SMG.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Tactical Half Life! I love it! Now we just need some real Hardcore Tactical HECU, Black Mesa Science Team, Ultra HD Black Mesa Facility map, zombies and combines to mix it all out.

Been thinking about the selection of weapons that you've got the Combine using just now, and have been thinking about how it could be improved.

I remembered this addon came out a little while ago, and it might be worth contacting the author to see if he'll let you use it for the Combine, as it's a very interesting (if totally fictional rifle) that could serve as an early mainstay rifle instead of the Overwatch Standard Issue Pulse Rifle

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162867-Addon-automatic-rifle-VERES-M

I dunno if anyone said this, but I really like that you chose to use the Merkava for the Combine soldiers. Since they actually had Merkavas in the HL2 beta

Still working on this, regarding the weapon selection I prefer to stay as "vanilla" as possible. Right now I have a blueish version of the F2000/Mk20 as the standard issue AR, with Mp-7 by C1987 as SMG and Purples Benelli M4 as a shotgun.

Here is some screenies of the updated elite and citizens. I used the OPFOR uniform for the elite because I like the air ventilation thingy on the back and the futuristic gloves, but overall its a bit meh. It will need a complete custom uniform eventually but that is a bit out of scope for now.

2013_10_13_00001.jpg

2013_10_13_00002.jpg

2013_10_15_00005.jpg

2013_10_15_00006.jpg

2013_10_15_00010.jpg

2013_10_15_00012.jpg

2013_10_15_00014.jpg

2013_10_15_00015.jpg

2013_10_15_00018.jpg

Looks legit! Excited for this. Huge fan of the Half Life series.

I hope DigitalCenturion releases this mod with a campaign (even if a short one) to go along (something like a prisioner of city 69 trying to break loose from Altis island) =)