Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Napoleonic Mod 0.1 Alpha

Ok so some guys might remember my conceptual 19th century project thread.

I've added a SP mission to the mod, some fixes and (compared to the first version) more fancy stuff like some pouches and "nextgen" rvmats. The mod is still conceptual though so I classify this an early alpha release.

As I don't have any time to continue this I'm putting up the files before they vanish, maybe it helps somebody else in mod creation. And for me, it's fun to run around with a musket, even in it's early stage.

Download

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22905

Thanks for the mirror :)

Download mlod:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6apeybmc8bbm714/ice123_musket-mlod.7z

Screens:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/131001/fopfvf7d.jpg

http://s7.directupload.net/images/131001/6sfyd2bs.jpg

Credits

BIS (A1, A3 Samples, Blood Particle Cfg from EW)

Icewindo

Permission

Feel free to use the files in the creation of any ArmA3 mod, no asking for permission is required. Commercial and military use prohibited.

Edited by Icewindo

Would you marry me ? ;)

That depends on the dowry :p . France would be a nice change of weather though - rain is very common here.

I always enjoy seeing these "thinking outside the box" addons for OFP and Arma. Thanks.

As I don't have any time to continue this I'm putting up the files before they vanish, maybe it helps somebody else in mod creation. And for me, it's fun to run around with a musket, even in it's early stage.

It's a shame that you can't continue it, the idea sounds interesting.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: Mlod availabe on the same page as seperate download!

Edited by Guest

Always great to have a variety of addons available. Keen to give this a shot mate, thanks!

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you will add for the next updates :)

great! I allready use the musket in my mission.

Dude. I love you. So much I finally signed up to post on this darn website.

I just wish ArmA3 (and games in general) had an approachable MoCap/animation solution to make a custom animation for reloading, instead of rubbing your rifle down using the shotgun animation.

Anyway, mod is a lot of fun. Makes battles take about three hours longer.

I finally signed up to post on this darn website as well! Damn you and your muskets(jk jk)

That simple mission is the most fun I've had in Arma 3. Never have I missed from 10 feet away after taking my time to aim. This NEEDS to be on the scale of Invasion 1944.

You're my Top Modder of 2013.

@All

Thanks for the feedback, nice to see you like it even if it's a "early bird" :)

Dude. I love you. So much I finally signed up to post on this darn website.

I just wish ArmA3 (and games in general) had an approachable MoCap/animation solution to make a custom animation for reloading, instead of rubbing your rifle down using the shotgun animation.

Anyway, mod is a lot of fun. Makes battles take about three hours longer.

Thanks yep there exists way to create custom animation that don't look so bad without mocapping, by using teacups ArmA1 RTM setup. It's very efficient compared to ofpanim however it still takes some time to setup etc and the fingers itself can't be animated. But compared to ofpanim it's without a doubt like 1000% faster. I think Bad Benson also had some template file for maya.

I finally signed up to post on this darn website as well! Damn you and your muskets(jk jk)

That simple mission is the most fun I've had in Arma 3. Never have I missed from 10 feet away after taking my time to aim. This NEEDS to be on the scale of Invasion 1944.

You're my Top Modder of 2013.

Hehe thanks :) . Yep I replayed the mission quite some time too, it definitely is a change of pace.

Edited by Icewindo

im gobsmacked!!

well done sir!!

a few simple questions if you don't mind :)

1 - how far are you planning to go with this mod?

2 - will any animations be improved?

3 - can we expect any type of cannons in the future?

4 - I know its frowned upon... but... will there be regular updates or bigger longer updates?

5 - request - please get this mod on play with six :)

thank you bud, I wish you good luck in this amazing mod its not every day you see someone create something like this.

@tyl3r99

Unfortunately he added this to his main post. Hope someone picks it up.

yeah I just noticed :'(

will anyone carry on with this awesome addon?

Damn, can't believe I missed it! Now eagerly waiting to come back home in the evening to try these out! :)

It's very tempting to play around with the mlods and textures, but I already have one unfinished mod I'm hiding from, lingering... would not be able to pick it up. Yet, if anyone decides to continue, feel free to PM for some September1939 assets that may be helpful here

(as far as I'm concerned combat boots, horse riding bootsand backpacks with folded blankets/trenchcoats did not change that much and could be used; especially those Prussian fur backpacks).

:)

I just got the mod today, and spent so much time putting down lines of infantry on both sides, having a proper line battle. And the losers would retreat (always the enemy team for some reason,) and I had so much time running with my fellow soldiers as we chased and hunted down the cowards :292: Please, someone continue theis mod and add cannons, more "Factions, and horses. I cannot because I don't even understand Oxygen 2. Please!

@BI developers!!

please please please carry this on, it would be a neat little addition :)

even if it was a separate game! end of the day its something totally different than what you normally develop :)

anyone else agree?

Yeah been playing with them also a lot, i am looking in to modding them, but with my limited skills it gone be lots off work,but il try to!

Gone need indeed horse,cannons,more weapons(pistols,mayby grenades, dunno for swords,mayby one that hangs on the side of the unit)and lots more.

that means a lot off stuff thats need upgrading to A3(for older models)or brand spanking new one, glad to hear topas got some stuff to share!

And its indeed mayby good idea for BIS for its next version;), Arma meets M&B!

Anyway hope to see more ppl intrested and take this fine work by icewindo further.

Very crappy reload anim just left the building:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/131004/ile4rkii.jpg

http://s1.directupload.net/images/131004/m4kenstt.jpg

Until BIS releases a rigged A3 soldier, this is probably as best as it ever gets. (ok, plus my keyframe animation skills are very amateurish - though it took me just 1 hour to create the anim and export it, when it would have been 10 hours if I did the same thing in ofpanim). To my knowledge this is the first ever new reload anim for ArmA3 to be released.

I used the old ArmA1 RTM maya setup by teacup for this. Can be used even now after all these years for ArmA3, though the legs are very basic and the fingers can't be animated.

DL new version with the anim added to musket reloading:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l38alk3cjpif3yf

Ok, really last stuff I do here now. Romans await :sly:

Edited by Icewindo

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: Mlod availabe on the same page as seperate download!

!!URGENT!!

I know you're finished with this but... Reloading while prone gives a faster animation resulting in a high ROF.

I didn't try reloading in the first build in that position. So I don't know if the bug was already there.

Also, going from crouch to prone while reloading results in an awkward position.

If your truly done i'd recommend going back to the first build.