Sign in to follow this  
mathias_eichinger

[SP/@] Codename Farrington (RWO)

Codename Farrington

Inspired by: The capture of Mullah Abdul Rahman by German SOF (Kommando Spezialkraefte)

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/mullah-abdul-rahman-taliban-commander-captured_n_2004447.html

Required Addons

Afghan National Army and Police

Overview:

After discovering actionable intelligence in a raid, German KSK troops raid a village to capture the person responsible for some brutal attacks on German troops (see source).

Thanks to the latest beta tests of Rob, Kommiekat and especially nettrucker (including his advice on scripting) the mission has reached version 1.0 and all potential pitfalls the testers have come across have been removed, plus the cinematics have been improved very much.

Known Issues:

None yet, mission is complete including defined CfgCharacters, cinematics and weapons selection

Download link: to version 1.2

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/54407058/file.html

Armaholic mirror:

- [RWO] Codename Farrington (@) v1.2

Thanks go out to:

-headup for his base template and massive editing support

-nettrucker for continous editing support

-Rob and Kommiekat for beta testing

Cheers

Mathias

Edited by Mathias_Eichinger
mission version updated

Congrats on your release!

I'm looking forward to this mission. Downloading now!

OK, just finished the mission and really enjoyed it.

It's always either the Americans or the British when it comes to the Iraqi/Afghan wars and never the Germans.

This time, I learn something about the German contribution to the war.

I really like playing as a German unit and the G36 is one of my favorite toys.

First part of mission was a surprise. Things so quiet, waiting, waiting, then BAM!

Second part of mission was dynamite!

I'm using LordJarheads Sound Mod and your mission was perfect for it.

Thanks for the hard work and the contribution to RWO.

I really hope to see more German missions from you.:D

BTW, I noticed that you don't have a signature.

H34dUP or myself can get you one like I have if you want:cool:

Hello Mathias

congrats to the release will download it this evening when back from work.

Cheers

This mission has been updated to version 1.0, please check the first post.

Have fun!

EDIT: The mission is also available on Armaholic

Edited by Mathias_Eichinger

Hey Mat, was thinking as I saw a new update to the German Weapons pack-- you should release an Addon+ version with some stuff like the Bundeswehr mod (love their ISAF units), and the German Weapons pack, perhaps some YuraPetrov chopper action!

Hey headup, sorry for the late reply, I am quite busy at the moment.

There will be no AddonsPlus version, for the following reasons I checked today:

-Bundeswehr mod only contains "Regular Joes", no SOF unit models

-German Weapons pack contains mostly pre-Y2K HK rifles which would be perfect for a Cold war environment, but they have been phased out since the Kosovo deployment I think (1999).

-Did not actually try YuraPetrovs Blackhawks, but the stock models coming with BI don't allow seating for the KSK troops (they stick in there upright like in Bulldozer preview pics), plus I have read that the Chinook is the preferred helo for Afghanistan due to it's hot-and-high-performance.

But, thanks to nettrucker, the mission has been updated to Version 1.2 with improved cinematics.

Cheers and have fun,

Mathias

But, thanks to nettrucker, the mission has been updated to Version 1.2 with improved cinematics.

Cheers and have fun,

Mathias

nettrucker be teh man for that.

I hope, when he has the time to spare and no rush on my part, he can get Operation Gothic Serpent intro done for me.

True artist indeed!

Hey VoiceOfArma,

thank you for your kind words. If I can enlist a fellow, very talented community member, a serious overhaul of this mission is in the cards, including voice acting.

Hey VoiceOfArma,

thank you for your kind words. If I can enlist a fellow, very talented community member, a serious overhaul of this mission is in the cards, including voice acting.

That's great news looking really forward to it. In case you need help with voice acting or audio editing drop me a line I might be able to do something or to help you with that.

cheers Mathias

Hey nettrucker,

that's a very generous offer. However, I am starting to overhaul all my missions with the help of the OFPEC staff, starting with my newest A3 releases. Could easily be Christmas until I tackle Codename Farrington. But if you are still around then, I am glad to pick your brain about all the audio editing stuff.