Sign in to follow this  
instagoat

CSAT Hexcam sample?

I wanted to inquire if there is a HQ sample of the CSAT hexacam available somewhere, or possibly ready to be published by BI in some fashion? None of the units currently have clean and clear enough areas to extract it without loosing a lot of definition.

Also, for possible fansites, having the pattern as part of a webkit would nice, to decorate webpages with.

Anybody know? Devs?

I wanted to inquire if there is a HQ sample of the CSAT hexacam available somewhere, or possibly ready to be published by BI in some fashion? None of the units currently have clean and clear enough areas to extract it without loosing a lot of definition.

Also, for possible fansites, having the pattern as part of a webkit would nice, to decorate webpages with.

Anybody know? Devs?

Dude, I'd like this for all the major camo patterns.

Here is hexcam I put together for kiorys balaclava http://i.imgur.com/ZuSloUi.jpg

I made it by patching together segments from one of the uniforms. Its not perfect but its use-able and with a bit love could probably be cleaned up a bit more

You could achieve something like that in photoshop with the difference cloud filter and then adjust the image threshold, then maybe the crystallize filter.

You could achieve something like that in photoshop with the difference cloud filter and then adjust the image threshold, then maybe the crystallize filter.

Not the same unless you know the algorythms used for the camouflage. These things have definite patterns that are very recognizable, which is why pretty much every ad-hoc variant of acupat you find on the net is plain wrong, or why there are no good multicam swatches around apart from alex vestin's, that have been made from scratch.

I`m looking for the pattern proper, so fudging it doesn't cut it.

Pomigit: Yes, I have something similar put together from the sniper mattresses that were put in with the full version (You can see them in use in the CSAT demo showcase), but they are rather low quality, and getting a clean pattern from the uniforms is really difficult, I couldn't do any better than what you have got. I am hoping that BI can provide a tile of the pattern for community use, since they have shown so many different variants of the pattern I assume they have a template (We've seen at least five different versions of the pattern so far, excluding the ones used on the divers)

I've even tried to make a similar camo pattern with a hexagonal pixelation effect in Paint.Net. It's still not the actual pattern though.

That looks so much like the finnish M05 camo and the russian look-a-like.

I think I'm going to use this for my SCO mod (different colors, but same pattern). This is awesome, and much better than mine!

CSAT Arid Hexacam Pattern (2048x2048):

kpv1.jpg

Note: Preview isn't accurate but full image is accurate and high quality and hexagonal.

Edited by antoineflemming

Nice one surpher. That doesnt look half bad at all. I forgot to mention in my last post that I used the same technique to create digital camo patterns. I came across this guide which allowed me to recreate a pattern closely resembling the independent camo.

WIC90SQs.jpg

For some reason the colour doesnt look right when you view it outside photoshop but its a correct colour match to the real thing when in game

By the way, I couldnt help but notice what looks like a spacer invader in your pattern top middle :D

@antoineflemming cool, I might have to try find some use for that one too. Now we just need the semi-arid version like here

Edited by pomigit

Nice one surpher. That doesnt look half bad at all. I forgot to mention in my last post that I used the same technique to create digital camo patterns. I came across this guide which allowed me to recreate a pattern closely resembling the independent camo.

http://i.imgur.com/WIC90SQs.jpg

For some reason the colour doesnt look right when you view it outside photoshop but its a correct colour match to the real thing when in game

By the way, I couldnt help but notice what looks like a spacer invader in your pattern top middle :D

@antoineflemming cool, I might have to try find some use for that one too. Now we just need the semi-arid version like here

CSAT Semi-Arid Hexacam Pattern (2048x2048):

c2bb.jpg

Also, I noticed that the current CSAT camo isn't the original camo pattern from 2011 that was designed for the Iranians. So I'll put that one in my mod.

Edited by antoineflemming

That looks so much like the finnish M05 camo and the russian look-a-like.

Looks just like the woodland pattern on Wikipedia.

Did you not notice the space invader in the pattern you posted.

Looks just like the woodland pattern on Wikipedia.

Did you not notice the space invader in the pattern you posted.

Woah. Didn't recognize it. And it's like 100% the same pattern. Well, that mystery is solved.

What's the logic with using hexagons as the base pixel shape as opposed to just 'natural' curves? It it supposed to confuse digital sensors or something?

What's the logic with using hexagons as the base pixel shape as opposed to just 'natural' curves? It it supposed to confuse digital sensors or something?

Because shapes in nature rarely are curved. They're highly irregular. And the finnish M05 doesn't use hexagons anyway, it's more irregular. You can see the corners aren't sharp and so on.

The pattern is really good in real life, both the woodland and the winter version. Here's a pic of the winter one: http://tinyurl.com/ou4sj87

I just stumbled on this thread using the search function.

First of all, those examples look great! Thank's to the authors!

Does anyone know if they are created using the existing A3 textures or with the help of photoshop brushes? I'm searching the web for hours looking for a good hexa camo brush, but nothing really fits to the CSAT camo.

Legislator;2728814']I just stumbled on this thread using the search function.

First of all' date=' those examples look great! Thank's to the authors!

Does anyone know if they are created using the existing A3 textures or with the help of photoshop brushes? I'm searching the web for hours looking for a good hexa camo brush, but nothing really fits to the CSAT camo.[/quote']http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19280