Sign in to follow this  
DarkGiver

DarkGiver's Armory : SIG 55x PACK for Arma3. V1.0 is out !

Introduction

-----------

The SG553 is an assault rifle manufactured by Swiss Arms AG (formerly SIG Arms AG) in Switzerland.

The SG553 is an improved version of the SG552 and was released in 2009. Even though it mostly resembles the SG552, the SG553 has one key advantage, the recoil spring is now wrapped around the piston rod like in the SG 550/551 models, which address several reliability issues encountered in the SG552 and also allows the usage of the standard SG550/551 charging handle.

A long barrel version of the SG553 known as the SG 553 LB incorporates a 347 mm (13.7 in) barrel with provision to fire rifle grenades and support a bayonet.

The mod actually includes 3 variants of the SG553 SOW :

SG553-SB : The short barrel version.

SG553-LB : Long barrel version

SG553-LB + 40mm GL : Long barrel version with 40mm grenade launcher.

Also included, a Brügger & Thomet Rotex III QD Silencer !!! and a P226 handgun \(^o^)/

The mod will include in future a wider range of SIG/SAN rifle, including classical SG550, SG551 and the new 7.62 SG751 SAPR.

http://www.darkgiver.ch/arma3/dg_armory_promo.png (910 kB)

Classnames:

----------

SG553

SG553_GL

SG553_CQB

SIG_P226

SG553_Holo_pointer

SG553_Hamr_pointer

SG553_ACO_pointer

SG553_ACO

SG553_GL_ACO

SG553_GL_ACO_pointer

SG553_GL_Hamr_pointer

SG553_CQB_Holo

SG553_CQB_Holo_pointer

30Rnd_56x45_GP90

30Rnd_56x45SD_GP90

30Rnd_56x45_GP90_Tracer_Yellow

30Rnd_56x45_GP90_Armour_Piercing

muzzle_snds_btrotex556

Download :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22817

Edited by DarkGiver

YAY! I wasn´t waiting this so quick (thou your screenies were pretty polished)! A nice surprise for the weekend!

Thanks a lot! Gonna test it ASAP! =)

[edit] Just tested and Loved it! The translucent mag works flwlessly, thou I have a bug to report -> when you switch to GL, the mag reflects the status of the grenade launcher (If it is empty, you have an empty mag, if it has a 40 mike, you have a full mag, then if you switch firemodes back to rifle, it displays the right ammount of bullets of that said mag again), and the firemode selector is flawless too ;D

Just one bitchering: i miss the good old SIG iron sight =.( detail-diopter-hood.jpg

thou I understand that the Sig 552 with RIS uses that BUIS SIG556_Side_Folder_Rear_Sight_F.jpg

Outstandig job, DarkGiver, waiting anxiously for the rest of the Switz pack =)

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Woah! This was a positive surprise... been waiting on some for A3 for ages not, not that the selection for A2 was that great either.

Any plans to create any other paint jobs than the plain SIG gray, I've always found that a bit... odd. Despite loving the rifle itself. Can't wait for the long and 7.62 versions! Also, any plans for 556R or similar (esp. the old proto pic that actually looked like a 551LB with AK mag and rails), for more punch?

;2518649']

[edit] Just tested and Loved it! The translucent mag works flwlessly' date=' thou I have a bug to report -> when you switch to GL, the mag reflects the status of the grenade launcher (If it is empty, you have an empty mag, if it has a 40 mike, you have a full mag, then if you switch firemodes back to rifle, it displays the right ammount of bullets of that said mag again), and the firemode selector is flawless too ;D

[/quote']

For the GL issue.. it's an arma3 engine relative issue.. can't do anything to fix it for now... GL will include reload animation as soon BIS enable it in game engine with proper animation "source"

And about the classic iron optics, it will come back with the classical line.. especially on the old good swiss army sg550.

Please add custom sounds. Tired of hearing MX's...

It's actually a bit complicated to do/find a good fire sound... native arma3 sounds are awesome and i did'nt found the way to convert a3 .wss sound properly to customize them :(

Woah! This was a positive surprise... been waiting on some for A3 for ages not, not that the selection for A2 was that great either.

Any plans to create any other paint jobs than the plain SIG gray, I've always found that a bit... odd. Despite loving the rifle itself. Can't wait for the long and 7.62 versions! Also, any plans for 556R or similar (esp. the old proto pic that actually looked like a 551LB with AK mag and rails), for more punch?

Yes black versions are planned. And for the others variants... no exotic version for now :) but why not in future...

Edited by DarkGiver

Super great job on these,time to put these beauties to work.

Oh and I also don't mind the A3 default sounds.

Got any other dl link armaholic hasnt been opening for me allday

It's actually a bit complicated to do/find a good fire sound... native arma3 sounds are awesome and i did'nt found the way to convert a3 .wss sound properly to customize them :(

Sorry to hear that, I guess we'll have to pass on this one then. :(

Well allow me to be the actual helpful one here. Give Dennis/LJ a shout privately on here or head over to jsrs-studios.com directly to place a request. I'm sure we can fix you up with something. We understand how stressful and time consuming modding can be and that sometimes it's difficult to please everyone. :)

Well allow me to be the actual helpful one here. Give Dennis/LJ a shout privately on here or head over to jsrs-studios.com directly to place a request. I'm sure we can fix you up with something. We understand how stressful and time consuming modding can be and that sometimes it's difficult to please everyone. :)

Thank you for the tip ;)

I like the model itself. Two things I noticed, the grenade launcher looks to black. And the reload animation looks not right... Keep up the good work!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk 4

I like the appearance of the model as mentioned above. But definitely needs some new sounds and the reload sfx is too lo-fi and 'roomy'. I look forward to seeing this develop. :cool:

Hi,

thanks a lot for adding this weapon to ArmA3!

It´s great to see not the usual AR15-stuff and to have this great Swiss Arms craftsmanship!

Continue your fantastic work!

Salut Darkgiver - I kinda suspected the GL issue was ArmA3 engine related, but I thought it would be better to report, just in case... YAY! Waiting anxiously for the rest of the package then and just to clarify: loved your work before and now, and JSRS sounds will certainly improve your weapons, thou I love them as they´re now and I´m using them a lot to spread lead on the OPFOR

Just a little praising ´cus you and yor crew really deserve it ;D

It´s possible to add compatibility to Alwarren's attachments pack?

It's already able to run FHQ Accessories. The Micro T1 works perfectly, as does the LLM-01, atleast.

Also, is the SG553-SB actually an SG552, since it's got the 552 charging handle?

hi dark,

I see u have signed your addon which is a good thing I wish all authors did that,

but when I download from armaholic the dg.BiKey is missing.

just wanted to let u know that without the dg.Bikey the signature files are useless.

Also, is the SG553-SB actually an SG552, since it's got the 552 charging handle?

Well observed ;)

As explained in the description :

"The SG553 is an improved version of the SG552 and was released in 2009. Even though it mostly resembles the SG552, the SG553 has one key advantage, the recoil spring is now wrapped around the piston rod like in the SG 550/551 models, which address several reliability issues encountered in the SG552 and also allows the usage of the standard SG550/551 charging handle."

The charging handle on the real one can be changed in a few seconds, it's like an accessorie, that's why i put the 552 style one ;)

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

hi dark,

I see u have signed your addon which is a good thing I wish all authors did that,

but when I download from armaholic the dg.BiKey is missing.

just wanted to let u know that without the dg.Bikey the signature files are useless.

ooooops... indeed.. forgot to put it in the archive :o

Will do for the next version.. and for now you can grab it here

Well observed ;)

As explained in the description :

"The SG553 is an improved version of the SG552 and was released in 2009. Even though it mostly resembles the SG552, the SG553 has one key advantage, the recoil spring is now wrapped around the piston rod like in the SG 550/551 models, which address several reliability issues encountered in the SG552 and also allows the usage of the standard SG550/551 charging handle."

The charging handle on the real one can be changed in a few seconds, it's like an accessorie, that's why i put the 552 style one ;)

Well, apart the aftermarket parts, the handles in 552 vs the rest of the SG55x family serve different functions and are completely different. Looking at regular 552 and 553 handles, I can see no way they're interchangeable. See picture 8 here.

Also, any idea if you're gonna enable the usage of R3F stuff at some point? They seem to have some nice stuff, plus their current pack only supports their own. Waiting for their updated release...

Well, apart the aftermarket parts, the handles in 552 vs the rest of the SG55x family serve different functions and are completely different. Looking at regular 552 and 553 handles, I can see no way they're interchangeable. See picture 8 here.

Also, any idea if you're gonna enable the usage of R3F stuff at some point? They seem to have some nice stuff, plus their current pack only supports their own. Waiting for their updated release...

Well... i like the 552 style charging handle.. and it's very handy on a cqb style version... so it will remains on the SB for now until i change my mind. I could include it on a classical sg552 version with classic irons and without RIS and yes.. original one are not interchangeable but compatible version exists as you can see:P

Hmmm for R3F stuff especially optics, i can't do anything from my side. But i think they just need to make their optics compatible with all weapons simply by upgrading base CowsSlot and PointerSlot classes...

Hmmm for R3F stuff especially optics, i can't do anything from my side. But i think they just need to make their optics compatible with all weapons simply by upgrading base CowsSlot and PointerSlot classes...

... Or you could write an optional config (as it would demand the user to have R3F package activated on the Expansions tab) enabling your SIG´s to attach R3F´s accessories, just as GSvE MP7 had - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150999-Christian-1987-s-Mp7-ported-to-A3 or ask Robalo (who helped GSvE with his configs) to assist you, I´ve heard he is quite helpful...

I would love to see those accessories on your beautiful SIG553 with 552 charging handle ;D

Fantastic guns so far. My only gripe with the current ones is that they use the Arma 2 reload anims.

You know what would be brilliant?

If you could make the rear sights on some of the other variants actually rotate depending on the zeroing. Considering that the GL sight on Arma 3 guns changes its angle depending on the zeroing, wouldn't it theoretically be possible now? I don't really know if it's possible, but it sure would be neat.

Edited by RasdenFasden

Fantastic guns so far. My only gripe with the current ones is that they use the Arma 2 reload anims.

You know what would be brilliant?

If you could make the rear sights on some of the other variants actually rotate depending on the zeroing. Considering that the GL sight on Arma 3 guns changes its angle depending on the zeroing, wouldn't it theoretically be possible now? I don't really know if it's possible, but it sure would be neat.

About the reload, it will be fixed in the next version... but there is still a few issues.. especially because the "unhide" feature doesn't works with current version of binarize tool.

For the working rotating optics when zeroing.. sure i will try :) using the "zeroing" source...

This mod is great. I love it. Please continue working on it and improveing.

Hopp Schwiz ;)