Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

NATO Strider

Night515's NATO Strider

Hey guys, what's up. This is my NATO Strider mod that I've been working on for the past few weeks. After finding the NATO skin for the Strider, I decided to make a complete NATO version.

fUyfOf9.jpg

Usage

Spawn in the editor, the unit is located under "BLUFOR > NATO > Cars"

Included Files

nato_strider.pbo

Changelog

* Release, 1.2

- Fixed turret textures

* Release, 1.1

- Changed name from "Fennek" to "Strider"

* Release, 1.0

- Released

Download

Download 1.2

Credits & Thanks

* Bohemia Interactive > Models, Textures, and Configs

* Surpher > Config Help

Edited by Nightmare515

I assume it's the same as the earlier Strider seen in early builds of Arma. Maybe the OPFOR Hunter is hidden in there, too

Picture ??
I assume it's the same as the earlier Strider seen in early builds of Arma. Maybe the OPFOR Hunter is hidden in there, too

Do you ever Play the Game ?

The Strider is a Vehicle from the "Green Army"

"Nightmare515" has put it into the NATO - Faction.....Now is Called "NATO Strider" !

Reg.

(ST6)Predator

Pretty much. Also found a NATO version of the Gorgon in it's files. :D

Pictures going up as soon as I'm ready. (10 minutes maybe.)

Downloaded and installed. Looks good. I really like the Strider over the Hunter. Two questions, 1) In my editor the vehicle is called the Fennek, is that how it's suppose to appear? 2) There are HMG and GMG versions in the editor, but when I load them I get an error saying something along the lines of invalid reference \turret.pbo or something like that. Confirmed the error in the editor but now it won't come back up. The result though is the GMG and HMG versions don't have visible turrets, but they can still shoot as if they had one. Thanks for the addon and looking forward to updates! :D

Originally the Strider was a NATO vehicle. However, BIS made it an AAF vehicle instead and gave NATO the Hunter.

Perhaps check your own facts before inferring that others don't know what they're talking about.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/12/june/armamobile.jpg (106 kB)

The Strider is a Vehicle from the "Green Army"

"Nightmare515" has put it into the NATO - Faction.....Now is Called "NATO Strider" !

Reg.

(ST6)Predator

You've been here a while. Did you keep up with Arma 3's development? If so, do you remember the Stratis reveal? That showed the NATO Strider. It was also shown at E3 2012.

Awesome! Just downloaded and checked it out. Really well done and thanks for pushing those updates out so fast! I'll be looking forward to more work from you! :D

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Downloaded and installed. Looks good. I really like the Strider over the Hunter. Two questions, 1) In my editor the vehicle is called the Fennek, is that how it's suppose to appear? 2) There are HMG and GMG versions in the editor, but when I load them I get an error saying something along the lines of invalid reference \turret.pbo or something like that. Confirmed the error in the editor but now it won't come back up. The result though is the GMG and HMG versions don't have visible turrets, but they can still shoot as if they had one. Thanks for the addon and looking forward to updates! :D

I think the Strider is just a renamed Fennek, and was still called the Fennek in early builds.

I think the Strider is just a renamed Fennek, and was still called the Fennek in early builds.

I think it's been called the Strider ever since E3 2012. Might have been called the Fennek back in 2011 though.

I think it's been called the Strider ever since E3 2012. Might have been called the Fennek back in 2011 though.

Maybe the config name was Fennek or something - I know of a few games with "AKA-47" weapon names as display names but the real names in the code just because it was easier that way.

I would really like a Nato Gorgon. I tried to figure it out but just couldn't.

I too would enjoy a NATO Gorgon, Anyone have the file locations?

armor_f_gamma, also this mod is dead.