Sign in to follow this  
lkincheloe

COOP 32 - Resistance (FIA vs CSAT)

4mExjNW.png

This mission is a cooperative mission, putting the players into the role of the FIA resistance group (BLUFOR) who are attempting to retake Altis from CSAT forces (OPFOR). What makes this mission unique is that you start with very limited equipment, you have to capture various towns, villages, and bases in order to gather enough firepower to be able to liberate the three major cities in Altis: Kavala, Athira, and Pyrgos.

Download Links:

Mediafire Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7ep5pla3zzymm7/co_36_resistance_b13_3.Altis.pbo

Armaholic mirror: Resistance Co-36

Steam mirrors: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=206510290

Current Features:

• Multiple levels of AOs - the bigger they are the more difficult they become!
  • Limited BLUFOR Equipment - You start with the last scraps of the FIA arsenal, you'll have to find more if you want to win.
  • Dynamic Opposition - Uses the flexible EOS and AISpawnPack script packages to create a significant OPFOR presence on Altis.
  • Uses Arma 3 Wounding System
  • Loot for Capturing AOs - Each village, town, and base you capture will earn you a small cache of supplies and vehicles you can use to continue the fight.

Release Notes:

vB.625

• Fixed an instance of script interactions causing loot to not spawn
  • Removed legacy coding in LootReward.sqf which caused script to exit on an error
  • Added ability to respawn at mobile HQ Crates (teleporting to them from base is still handled by flagpole)
  • Updated Get/Set Loadout Scripts to latest version

vB.62

• Upgraded to latest version of EOS
  • Headless Client unit was found dead on Solitude Island
  • Mission sync'ed to one ending to Arma 3 campaign
  • Added BangaBob's Civilian Occupation Scripts (COS)
  • Adjusted FIA Transports to not despawn when abandoned for extended periods of time
  • New AO type: Old FIA Bases, these are former outposts of the resistance movement, and before CSAT pushed NATO back off the island were stocked with advanced gear. Investigate these bases and see if the gear is still there.

vB.54

• Added in the BTC Anti-Teamkilling script package at the request of several players
  • Added Zealot's Repair Script (tweaked to not eat the Toolkit)
  • Reverted to MAD T's Civilian Spawning Scripts
  • Adjusted BTC Logistic in effort to avoid unloaded Ammo Boxes from exploding into flames
  • Multitude of adjustments to improve the overall look of several features

vB.53

[*]Gave the Medics (player and AI) a Medkit per Killswitch's Suggestion

[*]Replaced BTC Fastrope with ZLT Fastrope

[*]Added Bake's GrenadeStop script in effort to prevent damage to the Base House. (Seriously, what do you guys have against it? :P )

[*]Reverted City AOs back to One Marker.

vB.51

• Added placeholder intro with music in order to find optimal timing for video-based intro
  • Added Mission logo
  • Added a Box with 10 NATO wetsuits in them at base, this is mainly to allow for proper diving since you can't wear CSAT wetsuits as BLUFOR.

vB.50

• Rewrote base code to MSO-style format
  • Changed version numbering scheme
  • Changed to BTC Revive to allow for future flexibility and for FPS improvements
  • Added Parameter option to toggle preferred BTC Revive setting (Old vs. New)
  • Adjusted Objectives to indicate importance of capturing Airfields
  • Removed scripts and systems not being used (may be readded at future dates)

a16

• Fixed an issue allowing the Civilian slot to spawn with BLUFOR units
  • Implemented Task Force Blackjack's Headless Client Solution for EOS, by default it is disabled but you are welcome to edit the file to turn it on if you want to use it
  • Implemented TFB's EOS modifications to allow for HC use
  • Updated Loot System, loot now spawns around the cleared AOs, hopefully no more loot coming from ACME factories ;)
  • Added MAD T's Ambient Life scripts, hooked into Wolfenswan's Civilian Assassins script.
  • Adjustments to the Base Armory, namely removed Backpack box in favor of a pile of packs around the respawn flag.

a15

• Put Austin[Medic]'s Sidemissions back in, does provide Side Loot on completion
  • Implemented SHK_Pos for Sidemissions and future functions

a14.5

• Fixed an issue with markers being created per player
  • CH-49 added to airfield loot array
  • Added R3F Logistics (modified to NOT remove your primary weapon, looking into a more permanent fix for this)

a14

• Modified EOS to provide for dynamic AO creation, courtesy of tweaks by Zorrobyte.
  • Switched EOS from SHK patrol to USPS patrol script (also a Zorrobyte tweak)
  • Moved the main FIA base further inward to make room for new AOs that popped up all around.
  • Reduced size of ACavoid marker surrounding main FIA base
  • Added two more ammo boxes to make room for gear changes
  • Bug fixes from otstrel.ru field reports.

a13

• Reduced the number of districts in cities from 9 to 4, this should provide a performance boost to lower-end machines
  • Introduced rewrite of Sidemission Scripts
  • Ammo Dump redone, now everything is contained within 3 boxes. There is a bit less variety than before but more of what is remaining.

a10

• Made changes in back end to canonize the mission back story (play the Arma 3 Campaign episode: Survive for a hint)
  • Decorated the info signs to draw new player's attention
  • Added H-barrier wall from 3rd Infantry Division mission variant
  • More bugfixes

a9.1

• Fixed a mistake in the Loot Reward system that prevented it from doing anything
  • Fixed the chain of errors that presented themselves after fixing the former bug, lots of stuff should now be working properly (towers, dealer missions, capturing cities, etc.)
  • Added norrin's convoy v02 script which was left out on accident in the previous version

a9

• Made the AOs a tad smaller and reduced activation ranges in an effort to minimize patrols going on vacation wandering off
  • changed a respawn setting that allowed respawning on own corpses any time, now dependent on a percentage of the server population being dead. (oops)
  • Moved some more AOs around for balance
  • New Dealer Missions: Destroy Radar Station, Destroy "crashed" UAV, Destroy Convoy. Explosives might be in order for these adventures.
  • Some AOs on the waterfront now have respawnable boats to take on joyrides

a7.1

• Added a system to activate AISSP ACavoid when radio towers are destroyed in cities - (as suggested by otstrel.ru)

a7

• Replaced sidemissions with "Dealer Missions" - This is a quest-based sidemission. There is a random chance on each village capture that the initial quest will be triggered. Currently only one true "side mission" is written, however more will be made in coming versions.
  • Tweaked a few marker positions to improve the map flow.
  • Some other small tweaks

a6

• Re-arraigned the FIA Base to streamline the equipment gathering process
  • Captured bases should now provide new spawn points
  • Added sign boards at base to display mission info, credits, and server rules. Server admins have my permission to edit the PBO to add their rules to the serverrules.sqf file. ;)
  • Added Ollem's TPWC AI Suppression System - Doesn't make the AI stupid, but now they won't be dead on accurate under fire.
  • Added Aeroson's Repetitive Cleanup System - Currently timers are generous enough to allow for looting of fresh kills
  • Added, but not implemented in this version, Wolfenswan's Civilan Assassins - If you're feeling lucky you can de-comment the civilian_init.sqf file and have civvies running around the towns and cities, however the cache system in AI Spawn Pack is not working quite right so you WILL experience some lag if you turn this on.

a5

• Fixed a glitch that reverted to default loadout upon respawn/revive
  • Upped the playercount to 38.
  • Fixed the flagpole at the main base to allow respawning there, oopsie.
  • Objectives now complete upon capturing the Three City AOs, at the moment the mission will simply end once that happens but functionality is in place for a "Final Mission" AO to pop up.
  • Austin[Medic]'s Sidemissions script pack added to provide sidemissions, at the moment these don't provide loot. However in future updates I'm planning to work these into a side-quest of sorts.

a4.1

• Mission Rebuilt to resolve issue with OPFOR not spawning in a4

a4

• INS Revive returns for all your healing/repairing vehicle needs
  • Loot System should now work properly, thanks to na_palm for the assistance!

a3

• Briefing and Credits added
  • Initial launch of the Loot system, running through EOS itself.

a2

• BTC temporarily replaces INS Revive

a1 - Initial Alpha Release

• The Basics of the mission are in place.
  • Loot is currently a kludge system, it's all pre-placed >_>
  • Testing difficultly of first few AOs, along with the FIA Base.

Edited by LKincheloe

tried this mission on my dedicated server

mission was very promising until I got killed ... :p

the problem is you can't respawn

you will end in an continuous die/respawn loop

gave it up after died nearly 20 times, only way to respawn is log out and then in again

please fix this mission sounds very promising !!!

finally not again a US vs ... mission

INS_Revive seems to have been broken by A3 v1.02. Which is unfortunate, will get that fixed when it's updated.

1: The revive system doesn't work. I die, Team Switch, get revived for some reason back at base, and from that point onward I cannot revive again. I must team switch. Maybe because I'm playing SP?

2: The "Dynamic Opposition" system is pretty cheap. I invaded the town to the east of the starting location. I was leading men through a field, when a truck and 8 soldiers spawned about 80m in front of us. We died. The entire concept of "magical spawns" is garbage. Maybe have them spawn in an occupied location (NOT THE ONE YOU ARE AT) and have them send reinforcements. This would give a point to setting road ambushes with technicals.

3: Just a small gripe, as I'm sure it's supposed to be this way. OPFOR needs 3-4 shots to die. They have magical +1 armor. It's annoying.

4: I cannot use more than one squad at a time. This is pretty annoying considering that once you lose 2-3 men, you are combat ineffective. Also, each squad has to start from the base, so any hope of rescuing an undermanned squad is moot.

Version a3 released:

• Briefing and Credits added
  • Initial launch of the Loot system, running through EOS itself.

It's not for Single Player mode, sorry.

That's fine. :) How do I add AI to the resistance side?

I just need to be able to command a squad. Calling in other squads to support would be nice, too.

Anyway to change difficulty and turn off 3dr person? so far we only played for some mins but it looks good so far :)

Anyway to change difficulty and turn off 3dr person? so far we only played for some mins but it looks good so far :)

Nm we got it sorted... Would love to have more guiding lines on what to do were and how to work the radio towers...

Nm we got it sorted... Would love to have more guiding lines on what to do were and how to work the radio towers...

Those two are up next on the planning docket, by chance were you able to clear any of the AOs? And if so did any of the loot spawn?

Yeah we finished a couple and found a crate in the AO it was there before the area turned green.

No cars ir other fun stuff yet tho...:)

That's fine. :) How do I add AI to the resistance side?

I just need to be able to command a squad. Calling in other squads to support would be nice, too.

I got it. I unpacked your .pbo and turned on the AI. I like the respawn system. :) Any idea how I can get my AI squad members to spawn at the mobile respawn? It's a pain to have them hike all over the place.

Also, how do you clear an AO? It seems an infinite amount of trucks/apcs spawn.

I got it. I unpacked your .pbo and turned on the AI. I like the respawn system. :) Any idea how I can get my AI squad members to spawn at the mobile respawn? It's a pain to have them hike all over the place.

Also, how do you clear an AO? It seems an infinite amount of trucks/apcs spawn.

And again I answer my own question. I ran a little marker/esp script to see how the mission spawns enemies. Spawning squads of 10+ 1km or so away from the squad isn't nice.

New version!

a4

• INS Revive returns for all your healing/repairing vehicle needs
  • Loot System should now work properly, thanks to na_palm for the assistance!

EDIT2: Version a4.1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4k1e5idgv6tkpal/co_32_resistance_a4_1.Altis.pbo

a4.1

• Rebuilt the mission to resolve issue in a4

Edited by LKincheloe
a4.1

Please add the ability to save captured weapons in a mobile basis or at the main base. With the revival/spawn of the saved weapons issued.

I propose to add an attack on a convoy or side-missions.

Please add the ability to save captured weapons in a mobile basis or at the main base. With the revival/spawn of the saved weapons issued.

I know on respawn with INS it gives you the default loadout for the slot, is it doing that also when revive?

I propose to add an attack on a convoy or side-missions.

Shh... Way ahead of you there ;)

Shh... Way ahead of you there

ok ;)

I know on respawn with INS it gives you the default loadout for the slot, is it doing that also when revive?

I meant the system preserves the captured weapons after the player died. If a player has kept a weapon, then it will be in the hands of the revival under new or poyavilenii at the main base, or another player. Something similar can be found in the scenarios domination or evolution.

Love your mission! Yeah, on revive your inventory gets reset to the default inventory of your chosen slot. Any way to fix this?

New version! a5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3r4ow89bycr0b15/co_38_resistance_a5.Altis.pbo

• Fixed a glitch that reverted to default loadout upon respawn/revive.
  • Upped the playercount to 38.
  • Fixed the flagpole at the main base to allow respawning there, oopsie.
  • Objectives now complete upon capturing the Three City AOs, at the moment the mission will simply end once that happens but functionality is in place for a "Final Mission" AO to pop up.
  • Austin[Medic]'s Sidemissions script pack added to provide sidemissions, at the moment these don't provide loot. However in future updates I'm planning to work these into a side-quest of sorts.

Another post, another new version. This time it's a6: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x0buc1h1ve64mvn/co_38_resistance_a6.Altis.pbo

• Re-arraigned the FIA Base to streamline the equipment gathering process
  • Captured bases should now provide new spawn points
  • Added sign boards at base to display mission info, credits, and server rules. Server admins have my permission to edit the PBO to add their rules to the serverrules.sqf file. ;)
  • Added Ollem's TPWC AI Suppression System - Doesn't make the AI stupid, but now they won't be dead on accurate under fire.
  • Added Aeroson's Repetitive Cleanup System - Currently timers are generous enough to allow for looting of fresh kills
  • Added, but not implemented in this version, Wolfenswan's Civilan Assassins - If you're feeling lucky you can de-comment the civilian_init.sqf file and have civvies running around the towns and cities, however the cache system in AI Spawn Pack is not working quite right so you WILL experience some lag if you turn this on.

I propose to change the way to capture the city. It is incredibly difficult to take the city under control. Constantly get new units.

Perhaps we should add the destruction of radar or communication center. Then the emergence of new forces will be stopped.

As the end of the script to make sure to capture all the towns on the island.

Edited by PzVI

Another night, yet another update. This time, it's a7.1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bzqvviywiy2eowg/co_38_resistance_a7_1.Altis.pbo

a7.1

• Added a system to activate AISSP ACavoid when radio towers are destroyed in cities - (as suggested by otstrel.ru)

a7

• Replaced sidemissions with "Dealer Missions" - This is a quest-based sidemission. There is a random chance on each village capture that the initial quest will be triggered. Currently only one true "side mission" is written, however more will be made in coming versions.
  • Tweaked a few marker positions to improve the map flow.
  • Some other small tweaks