Sign in to follow this  
mojeaux

Helo Will Explode when entering

I know it's an old bug..... But trying to get in helos' and not exploding after getting in is now pissin me off! I might be doing the wrong surch but it seams that it is an old problem and it's getting fixed! It destroys the squad ability to perform missions. As me being the server, I never explode! Online squad buddys always explode! Any feed back on how not to explode would really help... It's not just my missions eather... Others are having the "get in as pilot" explosion problem too! Also as you know....it is not happening everytime...eventually given enough helos to choose from you can get in and fly! But only if you have already ruined the mission while standing on one foot while hopping up and down with your lucky rabbits foot!

mojeaux out;

We're experiencing the same issue on our server. Someone suggested that it may be caused by two of the vehicles being spawned at the same place (on mission start or vehicle respawn). Therefore, as soon as you interact with the vehicle the two collide and explode. Very annoying.

There has to be a bug report in about it ... But I'll be damn I can't find it...

I think it is possibly caused by one of these:

* Revive Script (INS or BTC)

* Stable Build Issue.

I think it is possibly caused by one of these:

* Revive Script (INS or BTC)

* Stable Build Issue.

Also the heli gets written off in I&A by people slingloading tanks and what not.

I know it's an old bug..... But trying to get in helos' and not exploding after getting in is now pissin me off! I might be doing the wrong surch but it seams that it is an old problem and it's getting fixed! It destroys the squad ability to perform missions. As me being the server, I never explode! Online squad buddys always explode! Any feed back on how not to explode would really help... It's not just my missions eather... Others are having the "get in as pilot" explosion problem too! Also as you know....it is not happening everytime...eventually given enough helos to choose from you can get in and fly! But only if you have already ruined the mission while standing on one foot while hopping up and down with your lucky rabbits foot!

mojeaux out;

It could be an engine bug, or it could be another player putting satchets near a helicopter (just curious, thats all). I played a bit of the "TeeTime Warfare" mission on MP and I got in a helicopter, but It didnt explode?!? I tested it on many servers, but I didnt get blown up.

So I pretty much dont know whats going on, either its an engine issue, or its a player issue.

Rawner

We've managed to all but eliminate this problem. Basically, when the aircraft spawn, or respawn, lift them up 10cm above ground and they should be fine.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

I should say at this point that my Domination edit does feature paradropped saboteurs who land on the base and put explosive charges on anything they see so if you're running this, or a mission with similar features, it's easy to confuse a feature, albiet heartstopping and frustrating with an engine bug. We turned off our sabs and still got the 'sploding choppers and after a lot of research, we tried lifting the choppers just a tiny amount and that has totally cured the problem.