Sign in to follow this  
sancron

Dev Branch via SteamCMD since Release?

So i saw this question several times, now i dedicate this question an Topic.

since Release of Arma 3, how we can get the Dev Branch through SteamCMD, since

+app_update "107410 -beta development"

does not work anymore for all people what i notice. What are the new command line paramteres to get the Development Branch files for SteamCMD? Or did we need to Install a full working SteamClient on Windows/Linux(Wine) to install the latest changes from DEV? After searching through the forum and the biggest search engine on the world, i found no answare on this question. It would be nice, if we can get support on this question.

I'd just use steamCMD for stable and leave your main client on Dev. Since you'll update stable far less frequently and therefore have to mess with steamcmd less often.

How do you launch a game installed/updated with steamcmd?

Whenever I try to launch the steamcmd Arma3.exe it launches the steam client and the Arma3 installed there. The steamcmd Arma3 is ignored.

@ParadoxParadoxon

thanks now steamCMD downlaods the DEV Version, in all Documentation, the command was written: +app_update "107410 -beta development"

but now it downloads dev

@kylania

Did you understand what i want to do? I host Gameservers on a Rootserver with Wine(Linux), and i don't want to install the SteamClient on the Root, only to be able to get DEV. So i decided to use SteamCMD since it works on Commandline. But since Release the old documentation with +app_update "107410 -beta development" doesn't work but after change to "+app_update 107410 -beta development" it works again.