Binkowski

[SP] Infantry

T843tJi.jpg

Well here it is, my take on the classic demo mission that started it all. This is not a direct copy, but it does draw inspiration from the original mission.

Features:

- Fully voiced.

- Intro and Outro.

- Multiple Objectives.

- Multiple combat types (Forest, City).

- Utilizes new nameSound system.

- ORBAT.

Changelog:

v1.0 - Initial Release

v1.1 - Reworked cutscene camera angles, fixed audio levels, fixed minor briefing issues.

v1.2 - Added ORBAT viewer, new music, changed info text, and modified end trigger.

Known Issues:

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not, but it seems to be random. I rolled back my game to the stable release build earlier before pushing out v1.1 of the mission. But the lip syncs are off and were not working for me at random during the intro. It's not a game breaking issue, but it is a bit odd to hear the voices and see no lips moving. Hopefully BI will address this, I am using the KB Conversation method.

Special Thanks:

kylania - answering all of my questions.

HKFlash - teaching me the ways of the FSM.

Spectre, Oxide, Laqueesha, Sif - voice acting.

All the testers - providing opinion, and finding errors etc.

Installation:

Subscribe via steamworkshop.

Extract .pbo file into ArmA3 Directory \ Missions.

I hope you enjoy this mission!

Download Links:

SP Infantry v1.2 (Steam Work Shop)

SP Infantry v1.2 (Dropbox)

SP Infantry v1.2 (ArmaHolic)

Edited by Binkowski

will be trying this a.s.a.p

But I must say regarding the steamworks workshop and all these "missions" and i say that lightly for a fair few of them, standards are low regarding information on the mission, and the worse thing of all in my eyes, what release is it for... people leave out true descriptions wether sp/mp aspects and the killer .... dev or release build.

drives me insane... ;) not sure about others or rather those with some education lol :P looking at the workshop release pages almost makes a mockery out of the game.

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

got this on loading the mission before seeing anything on screen.

http://gyazo.com/6aba13578e22f49745c00095de2f7ec2

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

The "here" button on the exection & ROE does not move to the "fireteam colleciton point"

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Dialogue is extremely quiet audio is dipping in and out of levels

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

get to the first alpha point he stops and waits... so I get out he then runs me over :D not once but twice to make sure lol

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

K some more testing here, seems its armstrongs audio possibly only that has the level issue, soon as the squad alpha (in blue text) starts to do audio dialogue its nice and loud and clear.

Great mission, really enjoyed it. Though at the start the Hunter left without me and #2, so we had to walk to the link-up. I assume this is not correct? :)

Moosenoodles is correct, I could barely hear the dialogue at points. I think this is an issue with the engine itself and not the audio files.

Anyway, mission was pretty cool. Funny thing was, when I had my guys dig in and fortify in the town, we all started getting quickly killed off. Sending my guys head on to meet the enemy in the open, only one guy was killed and the enemy force was obliterated.

Just finished the mission. Lots of fun!

HQ said that enemy reinforcements will be coming from the "South" when in fact, they came from the North/ North-West.

Not sure if you need to check on that for confirmation.

Lost 3 guys, but I play on Recruit level anyways:eek:

EDIT:

Whoops! Just noticed that HQ says reinforcements are moving to the South, which places them North.

My bad.

Edited by Kommiekat

Seems to have minor issues that I'll knock out and fix as soon as I'm home this afternoon. I get that error when I load up my editor, I believe it's a dev build issue.

Alright, small little update this afternoon. Version 1.1

v1.1 - Reworked cutscene camera angles, fixed audio levels, fixed minor briefing issues.

Known Issues:

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not, but it seems to be random. I rolled back my game to the stable release build earlier before pushing out v1.1 of the mission. But the lip syncs are off and were not working for me at random during the intro. It's not a game breaking issue, but it is a bit odd to hear the voices and see no lips moving. Hopefully BI will address this, I am using the KB Conversation method.

Good-liked it, but damn it's hard when trying to defend the town :)

One of the very few missions that reminds me of Ofp,everytime i died, forced me to try another way.

Let me describe the mission in one emoticon:

:yay:

Let me describe the mission in one emoticon:

:yay:

Now that is a pretty nice mention! Also on his Twitter btw!! :yay:

Congratulations on the successful release Binkowski! I'll try the release version once time is available!

Great mission, reminds me of OFP (Especially the voice overs :D)

Nice mission so far, although it seems I can't finish it. Alpha squad (me) and Bravo squad are all standing in the village, but the objective won't complete. Maybe there's still one EI hiding somewhere, although I think I searched all houses already.

e: Found the sneaky bastard quite a bit out of town, maybe you could reduce the trigger radius with the next update? And mission isn't quite over :rolleyes:

Edited by zimms

Very nice mission, had some finishing problems as well but all in all loads of fun and challenge for me. Thanks!

e: Found the sneaky bastard quite a bit out of town, maybe you could reduce the trigger radius with the next update? And mission isn't quite over :rolleyes:

Right that is an option I was throwing around. It's already fairly reasonable size (not too big, not too small) but I can downsize it perhaps in an update.

Great mission, glad to see a classic reinvented :)