Tom_48_97

Poseidon: advanced text editor for Scripts & Configs

Announcement

This is just a new release to fix the problem with the installer and the library from the version 0.68.1306. If you downloaded the version 0.68.1306, you just need the patch, otherwise, if your version is bellow the 0.68, you need to download the full archive and proceed to a clean install (as usual in fact).

I would like to thanks all persons who sent me feedback and debug info!

What's new?

• Fixed: Various errors on the installer
  • Fixed: Various errors on the shared library

Known issues:

• restoreDefault can crash at the end of the process, ignore it, the job is done
  • Debug stdout is displayed by default

Download

Patch

-------------------- Replies --------------------

@Tankbuster: Regarding the mysterious red line, it's because of the keyword highlighting implemented with the version 0.67: "Added: SQF Syntax, Hightlight of keywords Todo, Note and issue (see screenshot bellow)"

I made this because I often use that in my codes, but I will see if I can handle this in another way. Also, keywords of this feature are: Todo, note and issue.

Ah, OK, Tom. I understand. So what I'm seeing is a feature I'm not understanding rather than a bug? The word check in the comment of that line is making it highlight?

This is fine and in fact, it's a welcome feature. So I should change my practice of using that word in comments. Perhaps the list of keywords could be configurable?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the update tom_48_97 ! :)

Am i correct that you would only need to use the "install.exe" if you want automatic file association ?

Is there a way to make the editor save one's session, so that one does not have to reopen all the files one was working on before exiting?

Figured it's finally time to give this a good go. However, I'm so used to my adjusted NP++ colors, that I'd like to use those with Poseidon as well. Is there any easy way to add new color schemes?

@chondo99: it is working here. Do you have an issue or are you just investigating if this feature is present?

@chondo99: it is working here. Do you have an issue or are you just investigating if this feature is present?

It is not working for me. When I open a doc with Poseidon then close and repopen afterwards, the doc is not there, the session is not saved. I have to go the folder and click on the doc again.

FIXED

I set Poseidon to start as Admin.

Edited by chondo999

Ah, OK, Tom. I understand. So what I'm seeing is a feature I'm not understanding rather than a bug? The word check in the comment of that line is making it highlight?

This is fine and in fact, it's a welcome feature. So I should change my practice of using that word in comments. Perhaps the list of keywords could be configurable?

The fact you could edit this list is in the pipe but not for now in reason of the file structure (still subject to modification because I'm not really satisfy for the moment). In the next update I will add the keywork "check" as warning (orange). Keep in mind it only works with inline comments and only the keyword issue will underline the entire line.

280_thumb_bis_f5cb1c30265ab486.jpg

Thanks for the update tom_48_97 ! :)

Am i correct that you would only need to use the "install.exe" if you want automatic file association ?

You're welcome! & Indeed for the file assoc.
Figured it's finally time to give this a good go. However, I'm so used to my adjusted NP++ colors, that I'd like to use those with Poseidon as well. Is there any easy way to add new color schemes?
In June (most likely), this will be implemented, but keep in mind that a color scheme is a XML of +/- 600 lines. Maybe I can setup a new one if you provide me examples (screens), I'm not opposed to add one or two color scheme :cool:
It is not working for me. When I open a doc with Poseidon then close and repopen afterwards, the doc is not there, the session is not saved. I have to go the folder and click on the doc again.

FIXED

I set Poseidon to start as Admin.

If you experience some troubles with the drag & drop, the admin rights will probably be in cause ;)

In June (most likely), this will be implemented, but keep in mind that a color scheme is a XML of +/- 600 lines. Maybe I can setup a new one if you provide me examples (screens), I'm not opposed to add one or two color scheme :cool:

I only had a color scheme set up for .sqf, so I'm guessing that would reduce things quite a bit. Here's an example:

wNCIxBCl.jpg Here is a link

Also is there a way to get the font-size smaller even? :D

Hey Tom, things looking good so far, but I have a very very minor feature request. Would it be possible for you to add default highlighting for Arma parameter files (*. par)? There might be even more extensions that may be worthy to add. :)

Sorry for the delay of my reply, these 2 passed weeks were crazy!

I only had a color scheme set up for .sqf, so I'm guessing that would reduce things quite a bit. Here's an example:

http://i.imgur.com/wNCIxBCl.jpg Here is a link

Also is there a way to get the font-size smaller even? :D

I will take a look next week ;)
Hey Tom, things looking good so far, but I have a very very minor feature request. Would it be possible for you to add default highlighting for Arma parameter files (*. par)? There might be even more extensions that may be worthy to add. :)
What's supposed to contain .par files? Is the game config files? Maybe I missed something :confused:

On the fly, because it will be easier and faster for me to update it, Poseidon website is about moving here: http://tom4897.info/projects/poseidon-tools/

Announcement

With some days of late, here the update of June, 0.69.1430. As usual you will find the new commands and functions for the latest version of Arma 3 but not only.

Poseidon Tools begins to socialize with Mikero Tools, with a basic support for the moment. In the menu >> "External programs" >> "Mikero", you will find links to some tools like PBO Project, DeRap, Elitness etc... This is a step towards the building system. Also, the socialization between Arma 3 Tools and Poseidon Tools go deeper with the ability to start Arma 3 Tools from Poseidon and start Poseidon from Arma 3 Tools (on dev branch or with the hot fix 69762). By the way, there are new shortcuts to open Arma 3 Tools or Mikero Tools.

Aside this, some improvements have been made on the performances and layout and based on some requests, binary files are now displayed in plain text instead of hexa.

What's new?

• Added: New commands for Arma 3 1.23.125365
  • Added: New Functions for Arma 3 1.23.125365
  • Added: Shortcut to open Arma 3 Tools launcher (F7)
  • Added: Shortcut to open Mikero tools (ctrl+F7)
  • Added: Shortcut to open Poseidon’s installer (shift+F7)
  • Added: Shortcut to open logs from Arma 3 Diagnostics Exe (link.png)
  • Added: Command from Arma 3 Diagnostics Exe (link.png)
  • Added: Native support of Mikero Tools, Menu >> External programs >> Mikero (link.png)
  • Added: Snippets handle autocompletion
  • Added: Shortcut shift+tab to unindent the current line
  • Added: Animation when expanding or collapsing folders in the side bar
  • Changed: PBO and EBO files removed from “Goto Anythingâ€
  • Changed: Scroll bars are now diplayed in overlay, sync with the minimap
  • Changed: stdout of Arma 3 Community Tools is now hidden
  • Changed: Scroll speed inscreased of 5%
  • Changed: Fallback to UTF-8 when unable to determine file encoding
  • Changed: Bin file are displayed as it is (no more Hexa)
  • Changed: Default encoding changed from “ANY†to UTF-8
  • Changed: Line ending character used changed from “LF†to “CRLF†(system value)
  • Changed: decrease of 10 ms of the delay before displaying autocomplete window (now 40ms)
  • Changed: stdout of Arma 3 Community Tools is now hidden
  • Changed: Poseidon.dll for Arma 3 Community Tools 0.68+ (link.png)
  • Fixed: Various typo in core scripts
  • Fixed: Anti-aliasing was wrong on some OS
  • Fixed: Various typo in core scripts
  • Fixed: Diag_* command group was missing from auto-completion
  • Fixed: Keyword highlighting of issue, todo, check, note were case sensitive (SQF)

Known issues:

• N.A.

Download

Edited by tom_48_97

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated to latest

280_5c0d9b04f982b2bb.jpg​

Announcement

Today…. It’s patch day!

As usual this update adds the auto completion and highlighter for latest Arma 3 version but not only.

The first addition has been requested many times since a while, this is a command (ctrl+e, ctrl+p) to generate the “private†statement, based on the text selected. For those who were waiting for, you can thank Noubernou because I had totally forgotten this task (mainly because I prefer privatize variables for a scope or just before using it ;)

The next addition is the “TM4 indenter†(ctrl+e, ctrl+i). It’s a pretty simple wrapper of uncrustify with pre-determined configurations. This is an experimental version that needs some more work to get something perfect. For the moment, there is a major issue with some IF and WHILE, the indentation is doubled (2 tabs instead of 1) but all the rest works like a charm. Also, during evaluation stage, it can only parse script files (sqf) and a backup is generated (filename.sqf.raw), I invite you to update your exclusion list from FileBank. Later, after the evaluation stage, it will be released as standalone version for those who wants it.

This update also includes some minor features like some new shortcuts or also the final fix of “Open a CMD here…†The details and others features are in the change log.

For those who don’t use the development branch of Arma 3 Tools, take note that its launcher will be able to run Poseidon soon, in the main branch.

As for the future, the next stage is a big one, the updater and the ability to change the language of the menu. For the moment, only French is done, thanks to Yourry! Also, take note that the version number system has changed, from now, pair numbers are public releases, and impairs are internal or development version.

By the way, the updater will be available within Poseidon and as separate package, this is because, in its first iteration, it will also update Mikero Tools.

Finally, I hope you will enjoy this version and as usual, feel free to use / share / provide feedback… it is not because I do not answer it as I do not study the question ;)

Please, keep in mind that Poseidon Tools is not an official tool, so, use at your own risk.

What's new?

• Added: Function to find all local variables in the selection and privatize them. (ctrl+e, ctrl+p)

o Note: This ignores the “magic variables†(
)

• Added: <experimental> tm4_indenter, simple program to auto indent files (ctrl+e, ctrl+i)

• Added: Command to indent the current file in mode Quick’n Dirty (ctrl+alt+e, ctrl+alt+i)

• Added: Detection of uncomplete array (e.g. _array = [item2, item2, itemN, ];)

• Added: //note,//todo,//check,//issue keywords are now supported in missionConfigFile and configFile

• Added: New Commands for Arma 3 1.25.125903

• Added: New Functions for Arma 3 1.25.125903

• Added: Shortcut to convert indentation to TAB (ctrl+e, ctrl+tab)

• Added: Shortcut to convert indentation to space (ctrl+e, ctrl+space)

• Changed: Updated Command Palette (ctrl+shift+p)

• Changed: When open a SQM with Arma 3, it will try to start it with arma3diag.exe first (will use arma3.exe if arma3diag fails)

• Changed: Smallest text size is now 6 (was 8)

• Changed: Icon for installer

• Changed: Bracket highlighter, removed threshold

• Fixed: Poseidon was unable to run Addon Builder (missing registry key from AB)

• Fixed: Working directory of OpenCMD (“External tools†>> “Open CMD hereâ€) was wrong

Known issues:

• TM4_indenter: indentation if and while statement can be doubled in some cases (unidentified for the moment)

Download

Edited by tom_48_97

Thanks Tom, Poseidon really helps ease scripting once you learn the ins and outs. I actually have Poseidon open more often than Arma. I've been following since the early releases, and it really has come into it's own.

I do have a small nitpick though. The shortcuts under the "Misc Tools" can be a bit confusing. For example, to make a private statement, it says "Ctrl+E, Ctrl+P", when it really should say "Ctrl E+P". Not a huge deal at all, just figured I'd point it out. Thanks!

Thanks Tom, cant imagine arma scripting without this tool anymore ! :)

Ugh. I'm getting really slow performance when selecting text. It's very laggy and hard to accurately select lines of text.

The PC works well in all other respects - selecting text isn't slow elsewhere, only in Poseidon.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

James2464, Wiggum: Always nice to read such posts! You're welcome!

Shpook: You're welcome too and as for the shortcuts, it's based on the shortcuts definitions itself but, I'll see if I have the time to check what's possible. :)

Tankbuster: I think I identified and fixed the problem (wrong event handler), I'm going to make a release of the dev version within the week ;)

Great update, loving some of the new functionality.

Noticed this for a while now and I'm curious as to why things like _target and _name are marked as magic variables? It interferes with the private statement generation if you happen to use those variable names - which isn't a big deal as you can just use different names, but it's certainly a minor niggle of mine.

Edit: Oh and the respawnOnStart config entry isn't currently recognized in .ext files by the way :)

Great update, loving some of the new functionality.

Noticed this for a while now and I'm curious as to why things like _target and _name are marked as magic variables? It interferes with the private statement generation if you happen to use those variable names - which isn't a big deal as you can just use different names, but it's certainly a minor niggle of mine.

Edit: Oh and the respawnOnStart config entry isn't currently recognized in .ext files by the way :)

Thanks for the feedback. In fact, _target and _units (plus _destination and _leader) are used as magic variables in some FSM, but since I'm probably the only one to use them, I may remove them from the list.

As for respawnOnStart, I fixed it, so, it'll be good in the next iteration ;)

Development release: http://tom4897.info/blog/2014/07/poseidon-tools-development-version-0-71-fixes/

Change log:

Known issues:

• TM4_indenter: indentation if and while statement can be doubled in some cases (unidentified for the moment)