Current version: A3.2.0.0

Required addons: None

Key: Yes

Signature: Yes

Direct links: Download

Armaholic: Download

Changelog:

v2.0.0 01.02.2014

• Removed. Dependency on CBA and BIS functions.
  • Changed. Multiple code optimizations.

v1.3.1 14.12.2013

• Added. Signature file.

v1.3.0 23.11.2013

• Fixed. Error popup when the player is in a vehicle.

v1.2.0 10.10.2013

• Changed. Changed the names in the menu.

v1.1.0 17.09.2013

• Added. Voice commands. No unit enumeration.

v1.0.0 15.09.2013

• First release.

This will make that your units really follow your stance. It works in a individual way so, if you wish, you can make that only 2 units follow your stance and the rest will remain in the same position.

Installation and notes:

• Install the addon as usual.
  • You will see a new option in the menu nº7. The old command has been renamed to "Auto".

Known issues:

• Voice commands have no unit enumeration.

Edited by VanZant

Nice work mate. Always like Caxton Gibbet's one for Arma2. Great having it in Arma3 now.

What Kremator said, thanks for making and sharing!

/KC

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Is this the same "copy my stance" that was in Arma 2? I have been using that one here in Arma 3. One of the best features of this, which I have never seen mentioned, is that with it turned on, your team stay close to you. Without it on you get stuck waiting form team memebers a lot. With it off you might get 30 meters ahead of your group and you see them kind walk around or stop at certain places wandering a little in an aware mode, and you turn it on and they immediately move to your position without wandering. It works even better with combat mode. They automatically stop and get down and it takes a long time to get somewhere, but turned on they stay with you. It's also good for when enemies are close. In stealth mode they stand up and move sometimes for no reason giving your position away. And its faster than giving them orders. You might be prone while enemies walk by and if you get a chance to run you just want to get up and go, but your team is left behind cause they might be under orders to go prone. So rather than give them orders, they just do what you do. You also don't have to turn it off. If you tell them to get in any stance they will until you tell the to copy your stance again.

Obviously I love this addon and thought I would throw in my 2 cents in case some of you didn't think it's worth having. It is. Thanks for bringing it to A3

Updated to 1.1.

I managed to add voice commands, but i don't know how to add the unit enumeration voices. The non existent documentation doesn't help at all.

NOTE to Foxhound: Everything is updated, included the video.

Thanks, I have updated all the info :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

I took a quick peek at the code, I hope you don't mind.

Wouldn't it be better to add AnimDone event handlers for each of the stance change animations? That way you could do it event drivenly instead of just calling setUnitPos for each unit in your squad every 0.5 seconds.

I took a quick peek at the code, I hope you don't mind.

Wouldn't it be better to add AnimDone event handlers for each of the stance change animations? That way you could do it event drivenly instead of just calling setUnitPos for each unit in your squad every 0.5 seconds.

It is just another way. I thought it would be better that way for performance and compatibility, because event handlers can be deleted by other addons and because i supposed that checking every half second would be better than the number of checks an Eh can make internally. The setpos command is only applied to those units with the "copy" status. If all of them are not in "copy" mode no command is given.

And all this maybe, because the lack of proper documentation for this game is a true pain in the ass.

Edited by VanZant

It is just another way. I thought it would be better that way for performance and compatibility, because event handlers can be deleted by other addons and because i supposed that checking every half second would be better than the number of checks an Eh can make internally. The setpos command is only applied to those units with the "copy" status. If all of them are not in "copy" mode no command is given.

And all this maybe, because the lack of proper documentation for this game is a true pain in the ass.

True, removal of the handlers might be a problem. :\

Plus you'd still have to check the animation name every single time the animdone is fired because you can't attach the handler to a specific animation.

Thanks for this. Downloading now.

One of those silly things that always annoyed me. ;)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

could you please add the bisign files?

you only added the key

secured servers can't use addons without bisign and bikey files !

thanks

Updated to 2.0.0

Rewriten all the code and removed the dependencies on external addons and functions.

At this time the last devbranch update has broken part of the command that changes the stances, and for now units cannot change from other stances to stand position. When BIS solves that problem the addon should work fine without the need of an update.

Edited by VanZant

Signature verification doesn't appear to be working with either the Armaholic or Play withSIX versions. Can anyone else repro this?