Sign in to follow this  
tslava

The Road To War - SP Campaign

The Road To War

Campaign for ArmA 2

Logo:

RTW_Logo.jpg

Version: 1.3

Requirements: ArmA II CO (+ ACR Full or Lite)

Description:

In September 2008 ChDKZ began with massive offensive in Chernarus. CDF forces weren't able to hold their positions and now ChDKZ forces, supported by Russia, control almost all country except the southern coast, including the two biggest cities the in region - Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk. Chief of the ChDKZ Lopotev wants to conquer them before UN will decide to send American forces to Chernarus. The next target is Chernogorsk, where your girlfriend lives...

Features:

- A full SP campaign with 6 missions

- Partisan campaign with an interesting and unlinear story

- Many characters with their specifications

- Many different tasks

- Including Operation Flashpoint, ArmA1 and Original War soundtracks

- Cutscene for every mission

- Czech and Russian dubbing

- Fully translated into English, Czech, German and French (+ Italian, Spanish, Polish and Hungarian for some missions)

- Briefings, overviews, hints and radio messages

Rights:

This campaign is noncommercial and free for the distribution across the internet. But please don't copy anything from our campaign, without a permission of autors.

Screenshots:

arma2_OA_2013_07_09_18_56_46_61.jpg

arma2_OA_2013_07_09_19_08_18_45.jpg

arma2_OA_2013_06_10_15_58_10_84.jpg

Trailer:

Our website:

http://www.pxs.armaholic.eu/

Download:

Changelog:

v1.1

- fully translated into French (thanks to TigerForce)

- improved and added a new dubbing of the main character

- improved markings and briefings

v1.2

- added final cutscene in the end of campaign

- added profesional dubbing by Perla Group Dabing

- improved missions and fixed some bugs

v1.3

- added a new task and a dialog

- added OFP sounds

- improved translations

Credits:

Pixel Art Studio team:

tslava - missionmaker, scripting, scenario, testing, videomaker and leader of the project

Vanhouten - missionmaker, scripting, cutscenes, testing

chicago - cutscenes, grafic, webmaster

Special thanks to:

Dubbing - Perla Group Dabing (almost all characters), =CAHbl4= (Lopotev), FoxFort (serbian volunteer)

Cutscenes - SaOk

English corrections - Sanya

German translations - MurdockTF13, Numrollen, OFw.Brain, MARSOCMANIAC, Coding, ZARBOMBA, 725481, LAxemann, Elena, Feldhobel

French translations - soronelite, Br., Upsilon, Ei8ght, Danure, TigerForce, Cruoriss

Italian translations - Nemesi, DeltaForce, Giallustio

Spanish translations - Veronika, murcielago

Polish translations - scuz, Kinga, Rydygier

Hungarian translations - Ghost_D

Testing - Sarge

Other work - Tomahawk

and Bohemia Interactive for ArmA II

Congrats on the release. :D Downloading.

Nice to see partisan/guerilla campaign for arma 2.

Hi and thanks for the Campaign...

I'm enjoying it so far but I've run in to a problem on mission "Step by Step", where one of the tasks is to rescue the villagers in Msta. The trouble is they are killed within a minute of the mission starting every time. They're also over 1k away so there's no chance of getting there in time.

Can anyone confirm this problem at all?

Hallo danke für die mehr Sprachliche Kampagne werde diese bei Gelegenheit mal spielen.

Hi, thanks for the more language campaign will play this on occasion times.:cool:

Hi and thanks for the Campaign...

I'm enjoying it so far but I've run in to a problem on mission "Step by Step", where one of the tasks is to rescue the villagers in Msta. The trouble is they are killed within a minute of the mission starting every time. They're also over 1k away so there's no chance of getting there in time.

Can anyone confirm this problem at all?

Hi,

I tried that mission 3 times and I hadn´t any problem with this. Try to restart Arma and try mission again.

Edited by vanhouten

Hi,

I tried that mission 3 times and I hadn´t any problem with this. Try to restart Arma and try mission again.

Ok thanks - I wonder if it was ASR_AI that I use with everything...

Probably it was caused by this. Run ARMA without any addons and mods. only official game: Arma2:CO + DLCs.

Hi tslava2,

I have just finished to play your campaign and I have to say congratulations for your good work, especially about intro.

Of course, it's a small campaign, but it's very effective. I liked to play it.

Whatever, I have to report some kind of bugs.

First of all, you need to take a look for the French translation, which are sometimes a bit "crazy".

By the way, thank you to add a French language, it's very nice !

If you want any help for French translation (to correct and add it for some missions), feel free to ask me. I just need the English translation and then I will translate it in French.

Second, in the mission in which we have to save civilians in Msta, the info in the waypoints are still in Czech.

Third and last, I can't play the last mission "Yankees are coming", because some files (cacharacters_acr) are missing.

When I played your campaign, I just have ArmA 2 CO, up to date, without any addons. Furthermore, I do not have any BIS DLC.

Maybe it comes from the fact, I have not ACR DLC, but you should specify it on your post...

Again it's a very good campaign that I have enjoyed to play !

Hi tslava2,

Third and last, I can't play the last mission "Yankees are coming", because some files (cacharacters_acr) are missing.

When I played your campaign, I just have ArmA 2 CO, up to date, without any addons. Furthermore, I do not have any BIS DLC.

Maybe it comes from the fact, I have not ACR DLC, but you should specify it on your post...

Again it's a very good campaign that I have enjoyed to play !

I think it says in the first post that you need ACR_Lite.........that should fill in the gaps for the ACR DLC you don't have installed.

Hi TigerForce,

I'm so glad you enjoyed our campaign! As already said Kommiekat, there are some weapons from ACR DLC in the last mission, but it's playable with ACR Lite (higher versions of ArmA II CO should include that).

And probably you are right with that some translations needn't be 100 % correct, because people who translated that into French, didn't play that campaign before. So, I will be thankfull if you will check it and if you would like to, you can translate the rest of missions as well, because I'm plaining to release next version of campaign with more translated files.

In arma 2 CO there is small Acr faction with some SA58 rifles. But they don't have weapons from Acr dlc (Bren, pistols, Uk59 etc). Acr Lite dlc is not included in patches for OA. If someone want that Lite ver he must download Acr dlc Lite, from bis page or probably from armaholic (can't check right now).

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Also in Acr dlc (also in lite version) there are new units,vehicles,islands that are not included in arma 2 CO (and patches).

So if you used some weapons/units from Acr dlc add info that we need this dlc for playing ;) in readmefile in next update.

Thank you all for having clarifyed about ACR.

Edit:

It's now added on the Armaholic download page.

Edited by TigerForce

Just finished this campaign. Good, not to long (but with few cutcenes) partisan campaign. Nice missions. Few missions could be more polished but all is ok, no gamebraking bugs.

Mission Nightmare: task find girlfriend not greened when finished. I would add 2nd task that we must go to Elektro, now we have only waypoint.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Mission Surrounded.

There is no info that our teammates 2,3,4 must survive and sometimes we must start mission from beggining, we don't have time to load the game after 1 of them is dead. We can only restart mission.

Also i think that when we clear factory task Liberate Orlovec was completed and when we Liberate Orlovec task with Factory was completed. ;)

I think also you could add short outro.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Maybe Marines landing on beach or some Czech and US soldiers landing on Krasnostaw airfield or something like that.

I think that all.

Nice campaign. Thx for your work. :)

Hi tom3kb,

thank you for playing our campaign! I'm glad you liked it! You are right with that problems with tasks. Fortunately yesterday I released another version of our campaign, where are these things fixed. =)

Yes, that landing would be great. I'm plaining to add a new bonus mission and there will be a cutscene with the similar topic, you suggested.

I started this campaign and on mission 4 (rescue villagers from Msta) all villagers die about 20 seconds into the mission so it's impossible to finish. I tried this several times and it's always the same outcome:

1. I get in the truck with my teammates
  2. Start driving towards Msta
  3. I'm not even halfway there and I get the Task Failed warning saying that all villagers are dead.
  4. The mission ends at this point.

I have version 1.1 - is there a newer version that fixes this problem? I've seen that others played through the campaign and I wonder how they did that.

I'm running A2OA with the latest beta patch and I use ASR AI and a number of configuration addons (PvPscene, etc.)

I suggest you to dont use AI mods with this mission or even with whole campaign. I played without Ai mods and didnt have any problems with civilians killed by ChDKZ.

DONT use AI changing addons with campaigns!

That is the Unwritten Rule....

Thanks for the advice but I think this is a bug in the campaign. The presence of an AI addon changes the outcome of a mission point, without me having any control of it.

The enemy AI is already killing the villagers at the time of me starting and it doesn't matter what I do, they may or may not finish that by the time I get there. This is why the game has triggers - to trigger certain events such that they seem and feel imminent to the player yet they happen in a controlled fashion. In this case an AI addon would only have minimal effect on the outcome because the player would have a chance to intervene.

I know that the "unwritten rule" is not to use AI addons but it's just poor mission making to force this rule - the basic game AI is very weak and most missions are far better (and more challenging) with enhanced AI. I know an author cannot possibly test every AI addon but there shouldn't be a need for such testing to begin with - if the mission is properly done, an AI addon will enhance fights but won't act without a player explicitly triggering it to do so.

I hope the tslava2 fixes this since his campaign seems interesting.

@up

Did you read first page with post in this thread, one guy was using ASR_AI and had the same problem with that mission like you. So i think you should disable Ai mod for this mission. This is mission with hostages, maybe with some scripts, in missions like this Ai mods are not the best choice. In standard missions with battles etc Ai mods should not break antything but here.. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

What's the problem, just restart this mission without this Ai mod and that should fix the problem. You can enable this mod for the rest of the campaign. Its only few minutes of work, this mission is not long. Just try. ;)

Ps: i will play this mission later today (without Ai mod) to see if i have the same problem like you.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Ok, just played this mission (campaign v1.1) and i didnt have any problems with task: Rescue the villagers in Msta. No mission failed etc. Played with Jsrs, cba, warfx blastcore but without Ai mods. Now im 100% sure that Asr_ai break this mission.

Thanks for the advice but I think this is a bug in the campaign. The presence of an AI addon changes the outcome of a mission point, without me having any control of it.

The enemy AI is already killing the villagers at the time of me starting and it doesn't matter what I do, they may or may not finish that by the time I get there. This is why the game has triggers - to trigger certain events such that they seem and feel imminent to the player yet they happen in a controlled fashion. In this case an AI addon would only have minimal effect on the outcome because the player would have a chance to intervene.

I know that the "unwritten rule" is not to use AI addons but it's just poor mission making to force this rule - the basic game AI is very weak and most missions are far better (and more challenging) with enhanced AI. I know an author cannot possibly test every AI addon but there shouldn't be a need for such testing to begin with - if the mission is properly done, an AI addon will enhance fights but won't act without a player explicitly triggering it to do so.

I hope the tslava2 fixes this since his campaign seems interesting.

Hi xxbbcc!

I have to admire I don't know much about AI addons and their changes, but as said tom3kb or Kommiekat there is a unwritten rule to don't use AI changing addons, if you want to play missions/campaign. So, it's not a bug of the campaign, because that AI addons changed behavior of your units. Today I also played the mission and I didn't see any problem or bug. However the next version of our campaign will be realesed in the next weeks, so I will have a look on that.

Tslava2, thank you, I'd appreciate a fixed version since it looks interesting and it's somewhat hard to find campaigns with no addon requirements. I'm somewhat hesitant to remove ASR AI because it makes the game a lot more fun and a lot harder. When your next version is out, I'll give it another try.

I'd really like to play a guerilla campaign, but I cannot launch it. I paste .pbo file into Steam/SteamApps/Arma II Operation Arrowhead/Missions folder, but game doesn't recognize it, I can't see it in list of campaigns/missions.

What can be the problem? I'm not sure, but looks like I already have ArmA:CO ('cause I can use islands from all DLCs and vanilla while running OA).

UPD: SOLVED.

I've created folder CAMPAIGNS inside Arma II:OA as I was advised at forums.

Well, before that I just had followed insructions from downloaded archive, it advised me to place .pbo into MISSIONS folder :j: Maybe worth fixing?

Edited by Erling
SOLVED

Hi Erling,

thank you for your comment, you are right with that, there is advice to place into mission folder instead of into campaign folder. I'm going to fix that and with a new version it will be more understanable.